So, how do you think Jugdral and Tellius are doing nowadays? (SPOILERS)

Retsudo

IT CAN BE CALLED FIRE EMBLEM: MARS

AND THERE CAN BE GUNS THAT USE HEALING BULLETS AND WE CAN RIDE ON METEORS WHILE WE HEAL.

Can we have Mouse Taguels/Laguz that ride said Motorcycles?

Back on Topic:

"King" really doesn't describe Ike, even if some of the story elements match.

I hope that maybe it's a first glance at FE 14's story.

Though it might be too similar to FE 9/10's story.

Still, I really like Taguels/Laguz and hope they we'll get a game that centers more around them some time.

As long as they can have normal classes.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope it's a future game hook, myself. I'd like to see more Taguel/Laguz.

Anyone figure out where 'Taguel' comes from, yet?

Hmm.

Anyone know the katakana for "Laguz"?

I do hope it's a future game hook, myself. I'd like to see more Taguel/Laguz.

Anyone figure out where 'Taguel' comes from, yet?

Laguz = Taguel

Lagu ->

agul ->

(T)agu(e)l. IDK.

Anyway, Ike's son might be fine being a king, he'd probably care about his subjects, and be a kind king. It fits.

Edited by Bryan

ラグズ - Laguz

タグエル - Taguel

Hmm, doesn't seem that similar beyond the グ, even though other sounds are shared.

タグエル - Taguel

Hmm, doesn't seem that similar beyond the グ, even though other sounds are shared.

Yea, they're a lot more similar in english. It forgot about the e in Taguel, and so it didn't work out as well as I wanted it to.

I want to believe that it's just a question of language evolving over time (like it does in the real life) but idk. There's no real connection between the two, unless Iris and Tellius actually speak different languages...which is actually possible. FE doesn't exactly pretend that there's only one language on the face of the planet.

Stop teasing us IS.

Anyway, I really want a Taguel lord now. More killer bunnies for everyone!

Also, I'd play the crap out of

FIRE EMBLEM: MISSION TO MARS

One shall arise, and unto the stars fly

One shall awaken to a brand new sky

A lone rabbit finds a giant rocket on a desolate beach, and so starts his epic journey to new worlds and new destinies

Or 'Ragz'? Which is a far stretch from the Taguel.

Is there an official romanization of it as "Ragz"?

If it were Taguer, I'd be hearing an off-accent version of Tiger in my head every time I saw it XD

Is there an official romanization of it as "Ragz"?

That's a bit irrelevant, if one is going to rely on the actual kana for evidence--and an official romanization is two tiers away from kana :e

Edited by Celice

IMO, I don't think Ike would be the Holy King. I can't see Ike, who doesn't think too fondly of royalty, becoming king of some other country. Even if he did save the country and the people loved him, I just couldn't see Ike's personality and convictions allowing him to take a crown.

He could be Paris, though, if Paris was just a wandering mercenary/explorer.

At this point, I think it's more likely Paris will just be the first Holy King. He seems to be the one important background character who isn't actually related to the FE1/3 story, so making him a bonus character with his own stage and supports could help filling that gap.

Edited by NeonZ

It was only to see into the future/(probably) past, though. Not to actually time travel.

actually the original spell could change the progression of cause to effect and 'punch through it' appropriatly named the time shear. however lyon and his researchers were unable to replicate this spell in its entirety but did manage to uyse the knowledge gleaned to 'sense' the future depending on the scale and impact of the event. knoll could do it to. in the ending knoll dissapears maybe he left to the contenent iris in on and continued lyons work to such anextent that he could build the other world portal and develop the magic needed to bring the children from the future. perhaps he also brought dark magic and magic there as they are the only schools he can learn and would explain why it is the only contenient without light magic. perhaps the demon king and gimle were allied with gimle teaching the demoin king of posessing people (like lyon in fe8 and MU in fe13) and the demon king teaching gimle of summoning monsters.

just my theory probably tainted by the fact knoll is my fav character ever

Thinking about Tellius:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/script/ending.html

Ashunera

How long has it been? A hundred years? Five hundred?

Lehran

About twelve hundred years.

Ashunera

I see. For mortals, that is many, many lives.

Lehran

Yes. The peace we once had is on the verge of crumbling again.

Ashunera

That is unfortunate. The miasma of war is beginning to shroud the world. However, I shall not again be frightened. As one born of the hopes of man I shall protect this world.

Hmm.

-2000: The Great Flood

-1200: Tellius Saga

0: The Scouring

600: Jugdral Saga

1000: Elibe Saga

1600: Archanea Saga

3600: Iris Saga

Possible? It does sound like not a lot of time between Tellius and the rest, but I'm inclined to believe they're referring to something meaningful, and I'm not sure what else it could be.

Edited by Othin

I just had a really random idea that COULD be possible.

Ike could be the ansestor to all of the Lords in every single game.

I'm working on a possible timeling based on Othin's time line, but some of the info is spectulaiton, while other peices of info is game related.

In my timeline, Fe13 takes place before Fe8.

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

In my timeline, Fe13 takes place before Fe8.

I don't think that really works though. The Spirit Talisman DLC chapters basically establish that every previous FE happened before FE13 considering their premise (with spirits of ancient heroes being summoned to fight).

There's also the similarities between the Elibe games and FE8. Even if it's really just a matter of system, it doesn't seem right for them to be so similar and not be around the same time period, especially when FE13 seems to have changed so much in its time span since the other games.

Also, in RvB2, the Elibe and Magvel teams work together, just like how the Archanea and Valencia teams work together in KvK2 - and Archanea and Valencia are established as being the same time frame.

So while it's possible FE8 takes place at some different time, I'm really inclined to understand it as happening sometime between 600 and 1600, like FE7.

I haven't checked all the DLC episodes, but I noticed Krom commenting about Tellius and its heroes (in particular Elincia), like he knew who they were (say, from history books or legends). It's possible he might know of some heroes from the Spirit Talisman episodes (and Elincia does appear there), but I'm not sure if there's any continuity between the episodes (besides ST1 to 3, etc.).

So I'm curious if any characters make any similar remarks about the Magvel characters (Ephraim might be a good place to start?).

I suppose there's also the issue of whether the DLC is canon, but I remember reading in Valhart's ending that he travels through the Other-World Gate, so if the bonus sidequests are canon, it's likely the DLC is too.

I haven't checked all the DLC episodes, but I noticed Krom commenting about Tellius and its heroes (in particular Elincia), like he knew who they were (say, from history books or legends). It's possible he might know of some heroes from the Spirit Talisman episodes (and Elincia does appear there), but I'm not sure if there's any continuity between the episodes (besides ST1 to 3, etc.).

So I'm curious if any characters make any similar remarks about the Magvel characters (Ephraim might be a good place to start?).

I suppose there's also the issue of whether the DLC is canon, but I remember reading in Valhart's ending that he travels through the Other-World Gate, so if the bonus sidequests are canon, it's likely the DLC is too.

Having Tiamo talk with Eirika, I was translating some bits of hiragana. Wasn't able to get much out of most of it, but this part seems significant:

Tiamo: あなたは、ずいぶん(kanji)なのね

I don't have a way of transcribing the two kanji to figure out what they mean, but from Google Translate, it sounds like Tiamo is remarking that Eirika is from a long time ago. So yeah.