Terrible Units

so has anyone eles made someone eles a valkyrie and found them useful cuz im considering not using the sage class at all simply because valkyrie seems to be a sage on a horse, minus the high stat caps. in fact i was planning on making serge either a sage or a valkyrie (since i really dislike flying units... )

I used Mariabel (Cleric → Battle Cleric → Falcoknight) to the end on Lunatic, but she was strictly Staff-only. Rescue is godly and you can buy them fairly early.

so has anyone eles made someone eles a valkyrie and found them useful cuz im considering not using the sage class at all simply because valkyrie seems to be a sage on a horse, minus the high stat caps. in fact i was planning on making serge either a sage or a valkyrie (since i really dislike flying units... )

Serge is a goddess of war and of the sky. Why do you want to give that up to make her do something she's terrible at?

I made Liz a Cleric --> Sage --> Valkyrie for Tome Expert on the way. Took a while, though.

Serge is a goddess of war and of the sky. Why do you want to give that up to make her do something she's terrible at?

I made Liz a Cleric --> Sage --> Valkyrie for Tome Expert on the way. Took a while, though.

i really dislike flying units

i just have a thing against a unit who can be taken down by an enemy half thier level just because they are flying. yea they have good mobility but that mobility is hampered by the ''oh crap theres archers over here'' factor and i dont like that. id rather have palidans, great knights and other horse units and just not have flyers.

plus i like the idea of taimo and her being mages together lol. it just seems cute

I used Mariabel (Cleric → Battle Cleric → Falcoknight) to the end on Lunatic, but she was strictly Staff-only. Rescue is godly and you can buy them fairly early.

Even as a Troubador-->Valkyrie she's still pretty useful for the higher move and Rescue staff in lunatic for defeat boss chapters. I found Anna was the most useful Rescue staff user though, she doesn't have the Falcoknight class but the characters who have high magic and do have it won't see it for a really long time and Anna's move is quite high, her magic is good she has picklock and gets Lucky 7 at level 5.

also has anyone used any of the spotpass units yet? how do they measure up? i hope to got ethlin is useable this time around.

I use Alvis occasionally in my postgame team; he's great. Haven't really used anyone else.

:facepalm: Damn it, I was definately going to have Mariabel, and immediately re-class her to Mage at Level 10, then promote her to Sage at Mage 10 for staves and magic.

Let's just hope she was RNG screwed for everyone.

But if not, I guess she's permanently staying attached to Krom until they get S and then she's off to the bench. Royal Weapon Brady may then at least find some use as a Great Knight/Paladin.

Even as a Troubador-->Valkyrie she's still pretty useful for the higher move and Rescue staff in lunatic for defeat boss chapters. I found Anna was the most useful Rescue staff user though, she doesn't have the Falcoknight class but the characters who have high magic and do have it won't see it for a really long time and Anna's move is quite high, her magic is good she has picklock and gets Lucky 7 at level 5.

Whoops, I meant Troubadour → Battle Cleric → Falcoknight. Went with Battle Cleric to try and improve her Def growths a little, but in retrospect that was unnecessary since I always kept her out of danger. I used Anna as well as a lockpicker/rescuer/healer, she had great growths but Mariabel ended up with higher Mag and better Rescue range.

also has anyone used any of the spotpass units yet? how do they measure up? i hope to got ethlin is useable this time around.

I'm going to give Jamka a go on my new playthrough just because he comes with Lightening Speed as a default skill. I'll let you know if he turns out well.

So, basically, you can make almost any mediocre unit good by swapping their classes a few times to get stats and skills?

Works on any shitty unit, at least for being "good" strictly in terms of the post-grinding timeframe. Seems increasingly difficult on the higher difficulties, though.