OK, can someone explain how the heck I'm supposed to believe that these two are the same character.

Esaka

Still looks like Celice to me, even with the outfit change. And he still looks just as much like he should be the love interest in a magical girl series rather than a Fire Emblem game. I'll admit I like his original design much more, though.

Most of the "differences" in the face are just due to the different art style of the artists drawing those images. Really, look at Ike's transition between FE9 and 10. That was the same artist and he changed much more.

The cloak is fine; it's just the rigidity that bugs me. If it wasn't so shiny so it could believably be actual clothing material instead of some weird plastic or something, I wouldn't mind.

The cloak is fine; it's just the rigidity that bugs me. If it wasn't so shiny so it could believably be actual clothing material instead of some weird plastic or something, I wouldn't mind.

For me, it's how stereotypically... japanese the outfit looks. I mean, it sort of makes sense, given that Celice was raised in the country of Swordmaster's, but it's still a tad over-the-top. He went from looking like a court duelist to a samurai warlord.

And yeah, his cloak looks like it's made of lacquered wood or something.

Edited by Onestep

For me, it's how stereotypically... japanese the outfit looks. I mean, it sort of makes sense, given that Celice was raised in the country of Swordmaster's, but it's still a tad over-the-top. He went from looking like a court duelist to a samurai warlord.

But Celice is only wearing the same outfit that swordmasters ingame are(with minor exceptions) and they are supposed to look like samurais.

On topic though there is nothing wrong with the outfit, as I said that's how all swordmasters look in game, deal with it.

Given that this art was modeled directly after the class he will be placed as... just as Alm, and Ephraim, and Marth, and Leaf have been--I don't call it over-the-top without in the process calling the Sword Master concept over-the-top--because that is the basis for this Celice's art.

SkcGQ.pngother_roy.jpg

Oh god, I can't even find a resemblance.

Ya, ya beta Roy. The comparison is funnier that way though. Seriously new Roy and old Roy have -1% resemblance.

The new Celice definitely have a Celice feel. The importance is that the essence of the character remains.

link1986.jpgi16073942785p.jpgLink_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

I honestly don't see any point in this thread.

So apparently the option to resize the images is meaningless.

Edited by goopy