Tibarn's voice actor

Is it just me, or did Intelligent Systems take the short route when picking voice actors? I mean, we all know this game is beyond awesome, but Tibarn's voice actor just does not fit which is arguably one of the versatile and uber units in the game. It almost sounds like a cross between the colonist in Pocahontas and King Dheginsea! I'm not saying this is detrimental to the overall experience for the game, it just seems like an odd fit considering Ike's, Skrimir"s, Ranulf's, and a couple of other one-liners were almost perfect.Please feel free to agree or disagree

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked it. I mean it was better than most of the voices, that's for sure. It was a deep voice sounding about 30 yrs or so, so I thought it fit

I actually liked it. I mean it was better than most of the voices, that's for sure. It was a deep voice sounding about 30 yrs or so, so I thought it fit

I second this

and still his voice only comes like twice i don't think it's such a big deal.

I thought it was almost perfect. Just the acting needed work, but that's the case with almost every other voice.

I agree with this. Lol @ that one line where he seems "^__^"

Now ROLF, on the other hand....

Also, I feel like adding that Shinon's voice was my favourite.

Mia's was kinda fail. I was expecting this cute gentle voice and she sounded like a middle-aged smoker. >_<

lawlz. I second this one

And Mist reversed puberty. Is that possible even for a video game?

Mia's was kinda fail. I was expecting this cute gentle voice and she sounded like a middle-aged smoker. >_<

i've seen the video from the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn.

they speak better IMO

they speak better IMO

[/quote/]

Hmm... I have to agree on this one. It seems so natural and smooth, but that's the case for almost every other game with audible English and Japanese voices(SAB2 for starters). As I stated earlier, it's just a picayune idiosyncrasy that is easily overlooked by the sheer quality of gameplay that is present.

they speak better IMO

yeah the voices sounds better here. But I still like Shinon's voice the best (in the english one). I thought if fit perfectly

yeah the voices sounds better here. But I still like Shinon's voice the best (in the english one). I thought if fit perfectly

I agree with you completely. Shinon sounded the most like his character, and there was no rough edges. It sounded like someone was actually talking, whereas some of the other characters had voices where you could clearly tell there was voice acting. If that makes sense.

Ike: He learned how to voice act between PoR and RD.

Sothe: Barely spoke loud enough to hear it.

Michiah: Meh, It was okay.

Mist: See my Rolf Comments.

Shinnon: Badass, best voice in game!

Rolf: :blink: Is he fifteen or four?

Mia: WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS SHE EVEN TALKING?

Zelgius: Oh god...

Tibarn: Bull crap I HATED IT.

Ranulf: Good sounded like Fox McCloud.

Scrimer: He sounded like a security guard, and that's not a bad thing.

Ike: He learned how to voice act between PoR and RD.

Sothe: Barely spoke loud enough to hear it.

Michiah: Meh, It was okay.

Mist: See my Rolf Comments.

Shinnon: Badass, best voice in game!

Rolf: :blink: Is he fifteen or four?

Mia: WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS SHE EVEN TALKING?

Zelgius: Oh god...

Tibarn: Bull crap I HATED IT.

Ranulf: Good sounded like Fox McCloud.

Scrimer: He sounded like a security guard, and that's not a bad thing.

This is more of a Fox thing, but wow, you were you no where near "Skrimir"

Is it just me, or did Intelligent Systems take the short route when picking voice actors?

It's incredibly likely IS had no say in what NoA and NoE did for the voiceovers. Which is sad, because unless there's direct intervention, NoA hires actors and siblings to just read a script and call it good, while many of the actual developers care how the characters sound.

Surprisingly, Square Enix has been the only company to step in when it comes to localization. Perhaps they'd rather the job be an in-house one? Not even FFIV DS, so far, has been warped from its original depth and meaning D:

I had no problem with Tibarn's voice. It's Mist's that bothered me. It was much better in FE9

This...and Rolf. Surprisingly I didn't mind Mia's, though.

yeah, everyone's voice in the video was better, with the exception of Shinon.

I think Shinon was just perfect.

Me too. Like I said before, he was the only professional sounding actor (in my opinion), and the voice fit the character perfectly.

This reminds me, did anyone else think Micaiah's voice was strange? It sounded too...well, mature for her appearance. I guess.

I also pictured Ranulf with a more playful voice, though I was okay with the voice he had in the game.

It's incredibly likely IS had no say in what NoA and NoE did for the voiceovers. Which is sad, because unless there's direct intervention, NoA hires actors and siblings to just read a script and call it good, while many of the actual developers care how the characters sound.

Surprisingly, Square Enix has been the only company to step in when it comes to localization. Perhaps they'd rather the job be an in-house one? Not even FFIV DS, so far, has been warped from its original depth and meaning D:

*slap*

There's so much more to the JRPG world that Squeenix. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the company anymore because they lost their soul somewhere around the Playstation age and haven't given us the effort that made me a fan back on the SNES. It's all wankery anymore, which really pisses me off. I'm not saying they are terrible and whatnot. I still end up getting most the games they release, but that's mostly due to good timing on releasing games on their part. (I swear to god, every time I'm in the mood for a JRPG, they just released one. It's uncanny.) They have good production values and all, but they are obsessed with menus. I can't remember the last FF title where the gameplay didn't lull me to sleep for being awfully slow for no reason. FF3DS is the best example of that. It takes like 15 seconds to load a fight, your characters move like molasses on the overworld screen, and each attack takes like 15 seconds. Just hit him with the goddamn sword and move on with it!

Go try a Namco Tales game. Tales of the Abyss remains my favorite console RPG of all time, and it's only likely to be topped by future Tales games. If you wanna talk about a company that goes the extra mile with their products, you don't need to look much further. And as we're talking about voice acting, I want to GUSH at the beautifully done VA in every Namco Tales game ever.