In which order?

popsi_netn

Dear topic creator,

DO NOT PLAY ANY FIRE EMBLEM GAMES!!!

Look at how it transforms civilized polite people into bitter argumentative savages.

Run! Run and don't ever look back!

No at loast some of us were like that already.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you just have to play easy mode and FE8 forces you to go through the motions just like FE7 does. Except, that FE8s is a lot shorter.

Edit: As a result I like that one a lot better since it is actually an realistic option to start the game again in case you forgot something because you can get through it in a few minutes, while FE7 takes you hours of boredom to go through. Besides, longer duration also means that the information you are looking for is easier to miss. And it lacks that handy in-game manual.

FE7s tutorial is a mess anyway.

[yelling]

...Honestly, what the hell is this post?

The tutorial, even on NM, should take a semi-experienced player no more than 45 minutes-1 hour. LHM can be completed in 30 minutes. After the first run-through, it's entirely optional. Only the first few chapters are on-rails, and like any good tutorial, it gradually hands the reigns over to the player; you certainly "do something," unless you're confusing the entire 12-chapter Lyn Mode with the first half of Chapter 1, as this poster seems to be doing inanely.

I was specifically talking about restart the game in order to catch information one might have missed. So how much time a "semi-experienced player" needs is not relevant to what I said. The topic was, how good the FE7 tutorial is about... well, teaching you. So I was talking about someone who does it to actually read the content of the yellow boxes.

And it is not a good tutorial.

A good tutorial is there for you when you need it and it doesn't mislead you or force you to dig through useless information for the stuff that's actually relevant. But I elaborated on the latter already in the part of my post which you shortened down with "[yelling]"

As for the former, In case you would like to know how I think it should look like so it doesn't suck, take a look at Advance Wars.

With Advance Wars, IS pretty much did the same thing as they did with FE7, even down to the tactician.

However, they actually allowed to you choose which chapter and listed them by what you learn in each.

And you can actually look up the tutorial for the whole game. You missed something in Lyn's mode? It's back to the start of the game for you. And you have to be careful. You never know which yellow box contains the information you missed. If at all.

Lyn's mode is just pretty bad as far as tutorials go.

Well, granted, at least they don't change shape all the time like my posts do with every edit.

Edited by BrightBow

FE7 was, when brought to America, made to be a starting point for the fans over there, whilst FE8 is almost universally regarded as the easiest game in the series. If you want to go straight to a real FE experience, FE7. If you want somewhere to learn the basics and progress, FE8. After that, decide what parts you like and dislike, and ask people for more recommendations. But start with one of those two.

Thanks for your answers

altough i should've been more specific in my question, I wasn't looking for the best game to begin with but an order of the games or eras.

Anyway, I've find what I was searching, so thanks again!