Is this game JP only or will it come to the west?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Animal Crossing 3DS wasn't shown at E3 this year, and yet every source says that it's showing, so we clearly haven't seen everything yet.

There's something 3DS-focused tomorrow, yeah.

FE13 as Nintendo's first game with paid DLC and probably the best at it also makes sense to emphasize there.

Quoting this for emphasis. It ain't over yet everyone.

I do hope we see a Fire Emblem: Awakening at the 3DS Software Showcase tomorrow night (night in my case, it'll be around 8PM in my timezone). If not, I know exactly who to sick onto Nintendo to get it localized. I think Operation Rainfall wants this game just as much as we do, and if they've been watching E3 and haven't seen anything, then they might be able to be convinced to fight for not only this game, but a few others. We'll see.

There's something 3DS-focused tomorrow, yeah.

FE13 as Nintendo's first game with paid DLC and probably the best at it also makes sense to emphasize there.

Also quoting for emphasis.

I can't see Nintendo skipping out on their first title to include DLC considering how well it's sold in Japan

Nintendo would have a flimsy excuse if they didn't bring it over here. New mystery was a bit understandable with shadow dragon being bad but they would have no reason other than they're lazy.

I can't see Nintendo skipping out on their first title to include DLC considering how well it's sold in Japan

Perhaps i'm a cynic, but to me it sounds illogical enough to actually fall through, given NoA's pattern of behavior with the Wii last year.

I like Nintendo, really I do, but I can safely say my trust that the American branch has a clue is riding on whatever happens at 6 PM tomorrow. They and NoE have offered next to no explanation at all for FE12's no-show (that I know of, at least); leaving 13 in the dust the same way is not acceptable to me. I mean, maybe an extreme example but it's not like this is MOTHER 3 again with its tangled morass of obscurity/timing/censorship issues...

Perhaps i'm a cynic, but to me it sounds illogical enough to actually fall through, given NoA's pattern of behavior with the Wii last year.

I like Nintendo, really I do, but I can safely say my trust that the American branch has a clue is riding on whatever happens at 6 PM tomorrow. They and NoE have offered next to no explanation at all for FE12's no-show (that I know of, at least); leaving 13 in the dust the same way is not acceptable to me. I mean, maybe an extreme example but it's not like this is MOTHER 3 again with its tangled morass of obscurity/timing/censorship issues...

I do not blame you for being cynical.

I'm an optimist, so I'll always tend to the bright side of things.This whole FE situation has had me nervous sense we didn't get New Mystery, but that was more understandable than Awakening not being announced yet.

Edited by Shun One

I do not blame you for being cynical.

Footnote: seeing Sega find new and exciting (snort) ways to shoot holes in their feet for the better part of a decade can do that to you :p

Edited by Rambo M

No worries, eventually they'll release a Mario Emblem, which case NoA has to take interest because they think Mario's the most interesting thing ever.

Right?

Tell me about it... how many more times are we gonna see this crap?

nsmb2-04.jpg

Look at that grass. LOOK AT IT!

I hope it will be later on today.

There's also a Nintendo Software thing on Thursday.

But wow, E3 was quite dull this year in comparison to previous years particularly last year's.

Too much third party stuff for Nintendo in a way. Still hoping Fire Emblem: Awakening will be announced.

Tell me about it... how many more times are we gonna see this crap?

nsmb2-04.jpg

Look at that grass. LOOK AT IT!

Mario emblem. Heck, why not a Call of shroom.

I hope it will be later on today.

There's also a Nintendo Software thing on Thursday.

...? It's still tuesday. Nintendo isn't doing anything the rest of today or thursday, to my knowledge. They're doing their software thing wednsday.

Edited by L95

Mario emblem. Heck, why not a Call of shroom.

Well you would certainly attract a new audience that way. Though unless it's as trippy as it sounds, it would kind of be a disappointment. ;D

I find it funny that even though Dream drop sold worse than Fire Emblem (almost everything did for that matter) It still is going to be guarantee by NoA just because it's Kingdom hearts.

I find it funny that even though Dream drop sold worse than Fire Emblem (almost everything did for that matter) It still is going to be guarantee by NoA just because it's Kingdom hearts.

noa has nothing to do with kingdom hearts

Let's say, worst-case scenario happens and this game never gets localized, and if I want to play it, I'd have to import a Japanese system and copy of the game. Is there any sort of "expiration date" on the DLC/SpotPass downloadable data, kind of like how Pokemon does? I want to get as much of the DLC as possible, and I'm afraid that if I take too long to get the game and console, I may miss out on some awesome stuff that I won't have a chance of ever getting again. =/