Is this game JP only or will it come to the west?

He/Donny only gets Merc and Fighter. He can't even build off of the villager lance rank :/

Since we can use change seals as much as we want, can't we use that on him after becoming a Fighter and Mercenary?

And I have a question. Do MU and Krom promote through events or Master Seal? I was watching a playthrough and the guy promoted them through Master Seal( assuming it's that orange/yellow seal with the red ball in the middle.)

And do promoted units get to keep the skills from their previous class?

Edited by UberLughFTW

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Donny can only class change to Fighter/Merc. Villager doesn't promote at all. Every character has a limited class change selection.

Krom does not have a story promotion.

Yes, units keep skills from previous classes, that's the entire point of the reclass system, really.

Edited by L95

fixed that for you bro

That would be magnificent.

From what I'm understanding, the Villager doesn't promote? How limited is its reclass options?

Here's where you were confused: reclass options aren't class-based like in FE11/12. They're unique for each individual character. Unfortunately, Donny gets the worst set of options here.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/class_set.html

As for Krom, yes, he promotes through a Master Seal. He can also use Change Seals to access the Cavalier and Archer classes and their promotions.

I mean its arleady out in Japan and have been wonder if it will come to the states anytime soon. So far it looks like a great game but I don't want to import the game(Don't know japanese).

Take Hirogana and Katakana lessons. It only takes about a couple of months to learn. As they actually do use our words in their Katakana writings, because of them being used for foregin-like things. Kanji, however, will take years to learn. As there are like over 900 symbols total.

It is a great game that players who have never played FE games before will love and it will definitely be a big game for the 3DS in America so of course Nintendo will try to build up hype over this game in order to milk all the profit they can from it.

It's because of no hype with Shadow Dragon is why the sequel didn't get brought over stateside.

To this day, the 3DS is still selling well, despite Resident Evil: Revelaitons and Kid Icarus: Uprising being the only good games released this year.

Let us hope that those games bring us hope of having an announcement for this game in NA soon.

That quote is really open to interpretations. All we can really take away from it is that they're not yet confirming anything as finalized.

At least, the first part. I don't think there's any dispute over the "we hope to further increase its sales" part.

Well not bringing over FE12 served us right. That'll actually get people to wanting to buy the next game as Nintendo doesn't want to lose out on money from fan translations and actually having to spend alot more to import from us die hard fans. This is why they refer to "We hope to have it's further sales increased". Maybe this will get alot of people in line to buying the next game if it gets released stateside. As for me, if it does get released stateside, I'll be there before the store even opens like with Shadow Dragon's release. :lol:

um i dont think nintendo will be DEAD We hAVE MARIO,kirby,legend of zelda,metriod,kid icarus,Pikmin,pokemon,fire emblem,golden sun,Eartbound AS OUR SECRET WEAPON :U they will never die muahahauau

nintendo said they will be making a profit starting in september 2012 which means back to the same price ; 3; good thing i bought one after price drop

Nonsense. Of course Nintendo won't die. At least those games are what's keeping the company going.

From what I'm understanding, the Villager doesn't promote? How limited is its reclass options?

Weird. You could promote them in FE2 though.

He/Donny only gets Merc and Fighter. He can't even build off of the villager lance rank :/

Using lances? They've used swords in FE2.

Edited by リズ

Found out that, unless the list changes at the last minute to surprise us, FE13 at E3 is now proven doubtful, but that doesn't mean it won't be shown, given at this point in time, we have yet to see the presentation, and who knows if NoA will pull it out of the hat, or if another, smaller conference is announced for purposes of showing off what didn't make the E3 cut, to surprise us all regarding whether FE13's US localization is given the true green light, or if we have to import it(as well as a second 3DS, for region-lock reasons)from the UK if we ever want to play it in English...

Proof here

^ If FE13 is absent from E3, let's hope that NoA didn't totally reject it, but rather put it on hold for anniversary treatment, as if they release it next year, it will most likely be in rememberance of the 10th anniversary of Fire Emblem's localization in the West, if only in a similar manner to Kirby's recent anniversary treatment, but if they hold it back too long, this will be my face to NoA's decision-making:

:(

I don't think this means anything. If they were going to announce it at E3, they'd announce it at E3; they wouldn't announce it at the pre-E3 list of games to show at E3. That's just not impressive.

I'm more interested that we're going to finally see progress on Pikmin 3.

Proof here

That is a list of games that have been confirmed to appear at E3 it is not the whole list of games to be revealed at E3

original IGN article

"While we expect a ton of surprises to be revealed during the show, there are also plenty of games we know about ahead of time. "

Edited by Velth

Just imagine them releasing a list of all their brand new announcements before the event, and realize that it makes no sense to do that.

buttz i wntz toooo knw nw. relese thngs ahad of tme plase.

Nintendo only has two things listed. Have they ever talked about JUST two games? I don't think so.

Although I am suprised KH3D isn't listed on the pre game list. We already have the release date for that.

Found out that, unless the list changes at the last minute to surprise us, FE13at E3 is now proven doubtful, but that doesn't mean it won't be shown, given atthis point in time, we have yet to see the presentation, and who knows if NoAwill pull it out of the hat, or if another, smaller conference is announced forpurposes of showing off what didn't make the E3 cut, to surprise us allregarding whether FE13's US localization is given the true green light, or ifwe have to import it(as well as a second 3DS, for region-lock reasons)from theUK if we ever want to play it in English...

Proof here

^ If FE13 is absent from E3, let's hope that NoA didn't totally reject it, butrather put it on hold for anniversary treatment, as if they release it nextyear, it will most likely be in rememberance of the 10th anniversary of FireEmblem's localization in the West, if only in a similar manner to Kirby'srecent anniversary treatment, but if they hold it back too long, this will bemy face to NoA's decision-making:

:(

I apologize for my list...

When it comes to Fire Emblem post-NM, and given that it used to be Jap-only, you have to look for any possible proof that throws localization hopes into question and seek feedback on such claims before thinking about watching a presentation that may or may not equal to localization that is timely enough to beat the translation patches to ROMs to market with enough time to save your company from the impression that they will never localize it without fan initiation, whether by import or utilization of illegitimate channels...

Here's more possible proof of statements that could contradict the localazation question's answer at this time...

Edited by shadowjam

That is a list of games that have been confirmed to appear at E3 it is not the whole list of games to be revealed at E3

original IGN article

"While we expect a ton of surprises to be revealed during the show, there are also plenty of games we know about ahead of time. "

Not only this, but the list is also out of date. Metro isn't coming to the WiiU any longer. http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a384034/metro-last-light-no-longer-confirmed-for-wii-u-says-thq.html

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows isn't listed either. Obviously, lists like these aren't representative, but just a teaser.

Even when fixing your link, I don't see any such statements.

Celice:

Yeah, NoA unsure of the current market's strength for the game???

I'd say that's a statement...

Edited by shadowjam

Your link is still screwy. (Page 3 of 1?)

I... don't see that line on the page anywhere.

Wait, do you mean what the silence guy said?

"I talked to someone who works at nintendo of america, and they confirmed they want to release it and said that they were unsure if the market was strong enough for the game and suggested anyone who is interested to e-mail them and voice the desires for the game to come here. You can find a way to message them at clubnintendo.com."

They're obviously making one of those 'I know a guy who works at Nintendo" joke/troll posts. If you didn't catch that, you have issues :p

Edited by L95

Your link is still screwy. (Page 3 of 1?)

I... don't see that line on the page anywhere.

Wait, you mean what the silence guy said?

"I talked to someone who works at nintendo of america, and they confirmed they want to release it and said that they were unsure if the market was strong enough for the game and suggested anyone who is interested to e-mail them and voice the desires for the game to come here. You can find a way to message them at clubnintendo.com."

They're obviously making one of those 'I know a guy who works at nintiny" jokes. If you didn't catch that, you have issues :p

Yes...

That's what I meant...

Improvements like taking out the highest difficulty?

I highly doubt they're going to needlessly develop and program an entire class, one that wasn't planned to exist anyway. Do note that that would require rearranging the original Villager class into a standard first-tier class, with possible impacts on generic Villagers - I don't remember any being set to above LV20, but if they are, it would be an issue. Then there's the lack of skills for the promotion, as well.

I didn't mean create a Super Trainee from scratch, but rather just give a cavalier/knight reclass to Donny instead of Fighter.

Nintendo only has two items shown on that list. I'm quite confident that it's only a teaser. I'm expecting them to show Luigi's Mansion this year, and maybe a few other games.

Remember, NoA has the domain name: fireemblemawakening.com. Chances are pretty good that we'll see it. :]

well i think the list is bit of you know "little titles of nintendo videogames" =.= im sure paper mario,luigi's mansion and animal crossing and some Nintendo franchise to be released not just super mario bros and pikmin...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yay! Yay! Yay!

That was the best news I've heard all week. Now we just need a release date sometime this year and everything is perfect.

(I will be very upset if said link is false)

Well this is some pretty good news, now all we need is the official confirmation at E3.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yay! Yay! Yay!

That was the best news I've heard all week. Now we just need a release date sometime this year and everything is perfect.

(I will be very upset if said link is false)

There's only a small chance that the link is false. Fire Emblem is general isn't as popular as the other franchises in the west, so I doubt that website would put up false information about a game in a minor franchise just to build hype.

In the event of the list being false, it might not be a matter of an attempt to build hype, so much as just throwing together a list of names of announced and as-yet-unreleased games which are floating around? Fire Emblem is indeed minor and obscure, so it'd be unsurprising if they just saw the name in a list of games and listed it as gonna be there, unaware of what we see as potentially nebulous international release circumstances.

I guess I'm skeptical of E3 lists in general? I'm kind of particularly concerned about the mere assertion that these are confirmed with no sourcing or even vaguely hinting at how they were confirmed.