Is this game JP only or will it come to the west?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first guest would be for a CG, but they could have some translated gameplay set to show off.

My biggest concern would be if it actually DOES get released, how they would handle SpotPass/DLC for characters in games that haven't been released outside of Japan. My guess would be a lot of buyers wouldn't be familiar with most of the characters from 2-6, so I'm sort of wondering if we'd even get that data at all.

I would guess that any Japanese only FEs would be replaced with more teams of International FEs. Same would go for DLC. SO that would mean we would get less DLCs than for Japan.

Dammnit! Japan always keep the good stuff to themselves.

Edited by Defender of the light

My first guest would be for a CG, but they could have some translated gameplay set to show off.

My biggest concern would be if it actually DOES get released, how they would handle SpotPass/DLC for characters in games that haven't been released outside of Japan. My guess would be a lot of buyers wouldn't be familiar with most of the characters from 2-6, so I'm sort of wondering if we'd even get that data at all.

One, that would just be giving up free money. Two, they're too interwined to exclude.

The DLC is rather structured. ST is the set of one-star maps, KvK is the set of two-star maps, RvB is the set of three-star maps, and LvD is the set of four-star maps. Looking at ST, it has Marth and Micaiah as DLC, but also Roy. The three maps are part of a set; you couldn't very well have one without the others, and the enemies and NPCs in the maps are a mix from throughout the series. RvB is more heavily focused on recent games, but it still has a lot of FE6. LvD has Ephraim, another worldwide-released character, but other maps will likely not be restricted to such characters, as Cellica and Sigurd are the other characters likely to join there. And like with ST, the enemies and NPCs are a broad mix from all FE games. KvK is Japan-only in terms of the characters joining, so it could hypothetically be excluded, but that would leave a gap in the listed difficulty ratings for the maps, and people would wonder why two-star maps were so rare.

And there's all sorts of other content that couldn't really be changed. It's not like they're going to exclude the Dark Warlords or the Shield of Seals from the main story.

And there's all sorts of other content that couldn't really be changed. It's not like they're going to exclude the Dark Warlords or the Shield of Seals from the main story.

Why do you even mention story stuff like the dark warlords and the shield of seals? The warlords are linked to fe4 yes but the fact that they exist in awakening has nothing to do with Genealogy so why would it matter? And the shield of seals is irrelevant because it doesn't even do the same thing anymore so it doesn't matter at all that it's based on an item that never saw official localization

Because the warlords also have the holy weapons. We also don't know how they're explained in the story, they very well could mention more FE4 stuff.

Not to mention all the references in support conversations.

And with how all the DLC is so intertwined with each other they'd have to redo all of it.

The Otherworld inhabitants don't do quite the same thing they used to, either. I'm not seeing a huge difference.

Because the warlords also have the holy weapons. We also don't know how they're explained in the story, they very well could mention more FE4 stuff.

Not to mention all the references in support conversations.

And with how all the DLC is so intertwined with each other they'd have to redo all of it.

the warlords appear for one chapter , if there was any significant reference to fe4 I am sure Vincent or someone else would have gotten their hands on it and would have told everyone

Also support references are irrelevant because even if you have no idea that there is a reference in there it doesn't subtract from what the support says and the meaning it conveys.

They can't cut DLC because 1) they lose money from potential buyers 2)they have to put in the least effort to make money compared to NoJ who had to make the maps and characters while all NoA has to do is translate names and some lines of dialog.

I mean, if I was in their place, I'd just translate all the names and release them and if not many people buy them then whatever it'll still probably be a net profit. And if people aren't familiar, that means they get to buy totally new characters to them, which is fun in its own way.

Doesn't the website say confirmed list of games coming to E3 , that does not sound like speculation . If the list really is accurate then looks like awakening isn't coming to America. Oh well at least I don't have buy a 3DS now , I wanted the vita anyway .

Doesn't the website say confirmed list of games coming to E3 , that does not sound like speculation . If the list really is accurate then looks like awakening isn't coming to America. Oh well at least I don't have buy a 3DS now , I wanted the vita anyway .

No.

The list contains games the makers are sure are going to be at E3; it is not all-inclusive as the full list of games at E3 has not been released. Even now I'm hearing about games specifically being kept secret, as is the point: to announce those games there rather than before, as would surely be the case for FE13.

And the fact that FE13 was on the list and was taken off should go to show that the list isn't reliable anyway.

No.

The list contains games the makers are sure are going to be at E3; it is not all-inclusive as the full list of games at E3 has not been released. Even now I'm hearing about games specifically being kept secret, as is the point: to announce those games there rather than before, as would surely be the case for FE13.

And the fact that FE13 was on the list and was taken off should go to show that the list isn't reliable anyway.

Relax dude I was mostly joking . If that list was accurate We would be seeing it at a lot more websites then just that one website . I'm not really that worried .

This is 100% prediction, but it does bring a valid point about why Awakening should make it over here and why E3 is the perfect time to show it. Go to Page 11.

Also, here's another story. Its a rumor, but it sounds like the website in question has a credible history. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Lucina