TOONAMI IS ON YOU GUYS

Esme

annoying AS placa-

> Insulting [as] bumps

Gonna stop you right there

[stuff]

They used to play random music videos too. I wish I could remember them all because there was one I really liked but couldn't investigate further because I forgot what it was called.

They played Fell in Love by the White Stripes on there and I've been listening to Jack (and Meg) White ever since.

Speaking of bumps, Toonami had some really good bumps too. The music they'd play when showing the previews for the next show was pretty good.

I miss old [as] the most though

Edited by Aleph

There was this one oooold AS image/song bump that was SO GOOD, it was this soul/gospel singing refrain that went on repeat, been looking for it forever (or like a year or so)

And I loved the previews for Toonami, seeing choice footage and voiceovers to the music they played just felt so right for some reason.

I was really hyped up for Toonami's long-awaited return, and all I have to say is.........meh.

Don't get me wrong; Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland both look really interesting, but other than that, the Toonami block was basically(from what I understand; I'll be honest I haven't really watched Adult Swim in quite some time, I just came back to check out Toonami) [AS]'s current saturday night anime block with 2 new anime and with Tom slapped on it. I was hoping that they would do a show like they did when they made their April Fool's Day special, with all those older, more nostalgic action anime, because quite frankly, that's what I tuned in to hopefully see, as did a lot of other people, I'm sure. Maybe I'm being too harsh; I don't know, but what I saw saturday night did NOT live up to my expectations.

Now I'm really glad they attempted to bring it back, and I want it to stick around for a while, but I'd like them to shake things up a bit more; bring in new or anime, or better yet, bring back some of the older shows that made the old thing so great, and not just rename what they already have.

Still, I'll admit it WAS great to see/hear Tom again, and since I haven't actually seen it in a while, seeing Bebop and GitS after such a long time was pretty cool. I've already seen all of FMA:B in the weeks beforehand so I didn't care all too much for seeing it again, and at this point Bleach has just completely lost me.

It's sort of a subset of cartoon network which used to refer to their daytime anime programming (DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam G, Wing and 0079, Tenchi among others). Later they showed some late night shows around 11 PM to 1 AM, a little before Adult Swim (which airs more "adult" cartoons late at night) started broadcasting. Toonami has two animated characters associated with it: a robot guy with sunglasses named Tom and a computer named S.A.R.A. There's also a funky looking battleship.

I would guess toonami has a pretty significant share of responsibility for anime popularity in the US...

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

[neat stuff]

You have to keep in mind that Toonami doesn't have a lot of money right now, so they can't really show much else other than the two new animes and their usual ones.

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to see a bunch of cool, new animes!

There was this one oooold AS image/song bump that was SO GOOD, it was this soul/gospel singing refrain that went on repeat, been looking for it forever (or like a year or so)

And I loved the previews for Toonami, seeing choice footage and voiceovers to the music they played just felt so right for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sithlord999

Does he have it? Dude is awesome, has a lot of 'em

[stuff]

I think I remember Toonami actually originally being on at night and getting moved to the afternoons...or maybe I'm just thinking of YYH being moved from [as] to Toonami.

Hm

Does anyone remember when Moltar(however you spell it?) from Space Ghost was the host?

I vaguely remember this. If I'm remembering right this was around the time I didn't give a fuck about Space Ghost and wished they'd play more interesting in its place.

Now I just think "man, I'd take Space Ghost over this shit easy" - don't get me wrong, though. I love T&E and Dark Place is one of the best shows that exists.