I feel bad for the branded

Remind me what they're super powers were? I haven't played the Tellius games in a while. While I do understand that Micaiah, Zelgius, Soren, etc. all possess powerful abilities... but so do all the non-branded characters.

The longer life span thing is definitely a netloss for them, it gives them away as being branded and they are forced to leave loved ones in avoidance of persecution, over and over again in their terrible, unfortunate lives.

Remind me what they're super powers were? I haven't played the Tellius games in a while. While I do understand that Micaiah, Zelgius, Soren, etc. all possess powerful abilities... but so do all the non-branded characters.

The longer life span thing is definitely a netloss for them, it gives them away as being branded and they are forced to leave loved ones in avoidance of persecution, over and over again in their terrible, unfortunate lives.

I don't think they had any powers. The only power I can think of is being good at swords.(Zelguis,Stefan)

I don't think they had any powers. The only power I can think of is being good at swords.(Zelguis,Stefan)

Petrine and Soren are both Branded and they don't use swords...

They MIGHT have had extraordinary strength/ability or something like that, because Zelgius being able to stop Tibarn with one hand is pretty unbelievable otherwise, but I don't think there was really anything else other than long lives. Micaiah's powers came from being the true Apostle, rather than the brand itself.

Zelgius being able to do shit like stop Tibarn with his sword has more to do with him being a BAMF than a Branded. Soren is kinda the same story. He did have some natural talent, he was basically sent through Training From Hell by that sage he lived with. Soren's natural talent had more to do with his brain being significantly better than the rest of Tellius. I think he got that from Dheginsea. Stefan probably just trained forever to become so awesome at the sword.

I dont remember reading anything in the game(s) that said Branded had some sort of superpower or anything. Only that they age slower and junk.

Micaiah's wonky powers came from Lehran though and that particular lineage. So i guess if you are a Heron branded, shit works differently?

I dunno. Thats one of the biggest reason i call Mary Sue. :P:

Edited by Florina

Petrine and Soren are both Branded and they don't use swords...

Then they must have incredible strength or very stong magic.

Edited by Defender of the light

Petrine vs Soren

Petrine: You... That mark on your brow... That's not a charm of the dead, is it? You're no Spirit Charmer! Hmph! You may be able to fool others with that, but not me. It's because we're the same, see?

Soren: ...The same? Don't be ridiculous. I'm nothing like you. You kill for sport, and hide your fear behind a wall of bravado. Now let me show you true fear!

Not to mention her portrait doesn't show the mark. However, as pointed out before, Petrine calls out Soren as a Branded and reveals herself as one too. Of course, you would have no idea what she's talking about if you never go through Soren's A rank support with Ike or his supports with Stefan. That said a trained Soren is actually quite good against Petrine due to his mega high res.

Of course, you would have no idea what she's talking about if you never go through Soren's A rank support with Ike or his supports with Stefan.

Worth noting that if you deploy the three of them in every map, you can get Ike/Soren A starting right before Ch23 and Soren/Stefan B right afterward.

Didn't Stefan say they usually had some remarkable ability in random areas at one point?

In the A support with Mordecai.

Stefan : My laguz blood gives me great power. I thought about

using my power to gain revenge against the people who

scorned me, but I decided against it. I have found

friends, people who live outside the normal worlds of

the beorc and the laguz. People who bear the brand.

Petrine, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

As for the branded, I guess I never really though about it that way. Being shunned by both races (WHY?! reminds me of rl society) outweighs the advantageous abilities they gain and the problem is, there is no rule against it according to Yune which Stefan found out in a base conversation. (I guess Micaiah too because she hears Yune as well) Zelgius story makes me kinda sad too. But on the bright side, there's companion ship with other branded, that's the only sanctuary.

...if only they sorted out their differences like Beorc and Laguz have back in PoR.