Custom items and weapon rank displays?

Agro

briella3.pngbriella1.pngbriella2.png

So I've tried to make a custom item, using the Emblem blade's item slot, except that it doesn't seem to be recognized as a weapon. I've put the Weapon Ability 1 as Magic (0x02), WA 2 as 0x03 (same as most of the other spells) and set the effectiveness to the same pointer as the Rapier and Wolf Beil. What else do I need to do to make it a weapon? Bri can't equip it nor it does it have any battle stats displayed in its description.

Also, for some reason Bri's weapon ranks are displaying as physical when she's obviously a magical unit (I just replaced the monk class). How do I change it to displaying magic weapon ranks? I used NL's weapon rank fixing patch or whatever it was and that fixed the problem for another unit, but not her. She's in Oswin's spot, for what it's worth... actually it's probably the cause :|

She has a D in Light Magic and nothing else, though, as does the class. And changing it to 0x03 worked, though strangely enough my Item Editor doesn't have anything listed for 0x03--it's blank. I mistook the WA1 thingo as WA2 in all the other tomes which is probably how I made that mistake. Thanks anyway!

that's just 'cause someone was lazy when they made the lists

0x01 = 0000 0001 -> weapon bit set

0x02 = 0000 0010 -> magic bit set

0x03 = 0000 0011 -> both bits set

for the class thing it's probably the patch because all the patch does is make it swap to "mag" when you attack with a magic weapon on a mixed class (ie fe4!magefighters), try equipping the weapon and/or attacking with it to see if it fixes it