A tsunami of questions

It's really hard to do much with a low staff rank and low Mag stat past the beginning of the game, so that would probably just be worse.

Yeah Cullum's options are General, Great Knight, Assassin, Trickster, Battle Monk, and Sage(risky I think).

Maybe in your next playthrough you could try assassin Cullum. I think 55% growth in defense would help a thief alot.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's 0-3. Similarly, Magic Square is really 0-1.

But yet I remember reading that concentration still worked if the until was in double, implying a 1-3 range. Oh well different skills, different conditions.

But yet I remember reading that concentration still worked if the until was in double, implying a 1-3 range. Oh well different skills, different conditions.

Yeah, Concentration and Refresh both are 1-3, not 0-3. I guess it's whatever conditions make Double the most effective.

Just thought of another question.

Given that children character's growths are averaged from their own and their two parents...

My unit's best/worst combo doesn't really contribute or detract as much from the growth rates as it does the stat caps, correct?

I would assume, by extension, that the best/worst stats are chosen more for caps than growths? Even with a +10% boost to MU's growth in a stat, that's probably a 1-3% increase(or decrease for worst stats) at best for offspring, right? I'm curious because I'm still not even sure what stat combo to go with on MU.

Edited by Yziikhiravi

Well, if MU gains 50 levels, that +10% means +5 points, more than a +4 to a stat cap, and promoted caps tend to take even longer to reach. SAo I wouldn't necessarily say that, not when stat caps are generally quite out of the way for the main story when stat differences are more consequential.

On the other hand, for the children characters, it's a bit different, having the same cap modifier but only a 3% growth increase. Still, that just means the best/worst stat matters less to them: stat caps still really aren't a huge concern. Once you reach them, you're doing fine.

I'd worry more about the short term. On my current Lunatic run, I gave my MU +Spd, allowing him to not worry so much about getting doubled and quickly wind up doing the doubling against some enemies, a rare and valuable trait at that point in that mode, especially on a mage. Although I did have a few resets due to reducing Luck and taking crits, so that may not be as ignorable as it seems.

But on the lower difficulties where less precision is needed, you'll do fine no matter what. Just go with whatever you'll have the most fun with.

Well, if MU gains 50 levels, that +10% means +5 points, more than a +4 to a stat cap, and promoted caps tend to take even longer to reach. SAo I wouldn't necessarily say that, not when stat caps are generally quite out of the way for the main story when stat differences are more consequential.

On the other hand, for the children characters, it's a bit different, having the same cap modifier but only a 3% growth increase. Still, that just means the best/worst stat matters less to them: stat caps still really aren't a huge concern. Once you reach them, you're doing fine.

I'd worry more about the short term. On my current Lunatic run, I gave my MU +Spd, allowing him to not worry so much about getting doubled and quickly wind up doing the doubling against some enemies, a rare and valuable trait at that point in that mode, especially on a mage. Although I did have a few resets due to reducing Luck and taking crits, so that may not be as ignorable as it seems.

But on the lower difficulties where less precision is needed, you'll do fine no matter what. Just go with whatever you'll have the most fun with.

Thanks, Othin! I know I've been asking a lot of questions on this thread. It's been a lot of help with a lot of theory-crafting and such. I can't wait to play around with the game, assuming we get it. If not, a European 3DS is in my future.

What I would like to know is what is the deal about the overlord class?

Is it possible to pass down this class to valharts children/son?On the skill page it says,that valharts son can have it,does he always pass down conqueror?

And does the overlord class learn any skills?Because the skill page doesn't list any,but it would seem rather odd if it doesn't learn anything...

What I would like to know is what is the deal about the overlord class?

Is it possible to pass down this class to valharts children/son?On the skill page it says,that valharts son can have it,does he always pass down conqueror?

And does the overlord class learn any skills?Because the skill page doesn't list any,but it would seem rather odd if it doesn't learn anything...

Overlord has no class skills. Valhart can only learn additional skills by reclassing to other classes or by using a DLC skill scroll.

Mark will not inherit Overlord; like if MU pairs with Krom, Lucina, or Olivia, Mark will start out as a Strategist with a regular class set. I assume passing down Conqueror works like most other skills: he'll pass it down if it's his last skill, but otherwise, he'll pass down something else.

Overlord has no class skills. Valhart can only learn additional skills by reclassing to other classes or by using a DLC skill scroll.

Mark will not inherit Overlord; like if MU pairs with Krom, Lucina, or Olivia, Mark will start out as a Strategist with a regular class set. I assume passing down Conqueror works like most other skills: he'll pass it down if it's his last skill, but otherwise, he'll pass down something else.

thanks for your answer.

So overlord doesn't have any class skills,that is sad,but well at least he has conqueror as a skill to make up for it.

Yep! MU by default passes down every class save for the special ones like Dancer, Villager, etc.

Edit: Just thought of another question.

My Units that are recruited through StreetPass... They cannot be used for support/breeding, correct?

Whoever mentioned that this sounds a lot like pokemon was right. I feel so awful. xD

Edited by Xjezhekiir

My Units that are recruited through StreetPass... They cannot be used for support/breeding, correct?

Correct. Only the original MU can support.