The World of Fire Emblem (article)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the country names have changed can really be explained by the thousands of years of history, additionally, an apparent rebuild of everything at some point in the past.

Awakening was supposed to be a "letter to fans" in the presentation. Naturally there's a lot of references and the odds are we'll never put it together into anything more than a general timeline, if even that.

I'm inclined to think that the Awakening world is the main one that the other games existed in, while the Other World gate simply reaches out to other parallel universes. The fact you can get multiple units of the same character from DLCs and Spotpass implies that it definitely connects to more than a single world. (Meaning that, odds are, it's not "the main FE universe" on the other side.)

You can get, say, SpotPass Celice and DLC Celice, but you can't get two SpotPass Celice or two DLC Celice at once. Worth keeping in mind.

If you're talking about the bonus characters, you need to bear in mind these aren't the real characters as we know them, but spirits summoned from magical talismans who were designed with the real character in mind. So having multiple talismans seems completely normal to me.

In the case of the multiple Marths, the fortune teller even comments on the talisman being created by a different artist or something.

Still, there is an actual alternate version of real character (AFAIK) who appears in the Other World, so I definitely agree with the link thing.

Well, it's not just the country names, but why is Tiki suddenly calling the Shield of Seals and the holy orbs completely different names? These items were created by the dragonkin and Tiki's been around for yonks, so it's not like the countries changing names because of peoples' history. I suppose it's possible in the 2000 year timespan for the Shield of Seals to take on a completely different role, but it just seems odd to me.