There needs to be a Pokemon MMORPG

Gold Vanguard

I mean think about it....a 3D Pokemon world with trainers and Pokemon running around .it could start off with you and 5 billion other trainers go and get your starter Pokemon from any of the 5 regions. You go around catching Pokemon,battling trainers from around the world(and some NPCs), earn Gym badges,etc. Then ever so often the Pokemon League shows up and you get to compete with others to see who's the best of the best. You could form clans and have clan batttles. For Example: Clan Fire Red Vs Clan Leaf Green. You could go and visit other regions by either getting on a ship,flying there with a Pokemon, or using a water type Pokemon to swim over there. You could go on quests to earn money and prizes(and sometimes rare Pokemon). I would pay monthly for a game like that.

There used to be a game similar to that... I can't remember what it was called. But exploration was grid based, with several maps available where you could move around on them by clicking which direction you wished to go in, battle wild pokemon, or fight trainers (real people), if they were on the same grid square as you. Except while the trainers represented real people who were there, their team was computer controlled. And you could fight the Gym Leaders and E4 of all the regions (at that time, 3, IIRC), as many times as you wanted to. It was online and free.

Also, according to Google, there's Pokemon World Online, a f2p downloadable Pokemon MMORPG.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

A pokemon RPG would absolutely not work unless it was nothing like the games. This means no gym leaders, no starter pokes, etc.

Also, according to Google, there's Pokemon World Online, a f2p downloadable Pokemon MMORPG.

I played PWO, and honestly, it really feels like playing a much buggier version of either R/B/Y or G/S/C, with the very occasional battle against another person (who probably won't battle you unless they're sure they can). A Pokemon MMO is a good idea in theory, but unfortunately not in practice.