Plans for your favorite children character(s)!

Just wanted to start a thread and see if any one has specific plans laid out for his or her favorite children characters! Feel free to post plans for parent(Gen 1) characters as well if you don't plan on going too crazy with using the children.

-What class do you plan on ultimately making your favorite character(s)?

-Who will their parents be? Why? Stat caps? Hair color? Both?

-Skill set! What is your ideal skill set for them, including skills potentially inherited from parents?

-Who will you make them support/double with?

-Etc. (for anything I might have missed)!

Now for my working idea I've been toying with for the past few days!

Brady(MU x Mariabel)

Inherited stat caps:

Str: -6

Mag: +2

Skl: +2

Spd: +4

Luck: +5

Def: -4

Res: +2

Ideal skillset:

-Secluded Lady/Lightning Speed/Dual Support+(Haven't decided which to take from Mariabel yet)

-Magic Square

-Dual Guard+

-Weapon Saver

-Rainbow Cry

His skillset is definitely subject to change.

Mark[F](MU x Mariabel)

Inherited stat caps:

Str: -6

Mag: +2

Skl: +2

Spd: +4

Luck: +5

Def: -4

Res: +2

Ideal skillset:

-Secluded Lady

-Magic Square

-Dual Support+/Dual Guard+ (Latter inherited from MU)

-Weapon Saver

-Rainbow Cry

The idea of these two siblings is to be supportive(especially with MU, who I will be making the powerhouse of the trio), but viable enough to hold their own. I haven't decided their classes quite yet, but it's looking like Brady will be Sorceror or Battle Cleric, and Mark [F] will most likely be Dark Pegasus, Valkyrie, or Bride. MU and Brady will get +20 Avoid/Crit Avoid as long as the trio stays within 3 spaces. Magic Square x2 means one of them will always have +20 Crit and +20 more Crit Avoid. With 50 Luck, Brady and Mark[F] will never have to worry about weapons breaking mid-battle. I plan on always having them move together in an "L" shape to keep these bonuses active. MU's skills aren't factored into this, which could make this one mean trio once I figure him out.

As I mentioned before, I tend to be a much more of a support/utility enthusiast than a damage nut. What about everyone else? :)

Edited by Xjezhekiir

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be pairing Krom with either Soiree or Olivia, depending on how hard the Olivia pairing will be, to get a Myrm!Lucina. This'll get her Royal Weapon, Charisma, Astra, Aether and Sword Expert, making her pretty good with swords.

Liz will be paired with Vake, so that he can get Trickster. Vake also gets Vantage+Wrath, which is cool (don't know how effective it is though). As a Trickster, he'll get 40% Magic Growth, meaning he'll get some adequate use of staffs. His skills will be Vantage, Wrath, Miracle, Movement+1 and Acrobatics.

Liz will be paired with Vake, so that he can get Trickster. Vake also gets Vantage+Wrath, which is cool (don't know how effective it is though). As a Trickster, he'll get 40% Magic Growth, meaning he'll get some adequate use of staffs. His skills will be Vantage, Wrath, Miracle, Movement+1 and Acrobatics.

I'm curious... When you say "so that he can get Trickster", does this mean that pairings get access to each other's classes just like children normally would? If so, that adds a very interesting dynamic to character development. I'd definitely have to take another look at my gen 1 pairings if this were indeed the case!

I haven't decided MU's modifiers yet, so going with my favorite two children.

Krom-Olivia's children stat caps

Str +2

Mag +1

Skl +3

Spd +3

Lck +2

Def -1

Res -1

Azure

Skills:

•Weapon Saver

+Royal Weapon - Krom

+Lightning Speed - Olivia

-Luna

-Sol or Astra

Final Class will be either Hero or Swordmaster

Lucina

Skills:

•Dual Attack+

+Aether - Krom

+Lightning Speed - Olivia

-Royal Weapon

-Luna or Astra

I'm not sure where she will end up, but it'll be one where she can still use swords. She'll be assisting in double most of the time, so Bow Knight isn't out of the question for the skl/spd/move boost.

The blue-haired swordfighters will be close to their cousin Wood, and Jerome.

I think he meant so Wood could get trickster. Couples don't get new classes.

Ah, gotcha'. I was going to say... Why do I always find out new things way after the fact?

:P:

I'm still debating whether to do Krom x MU for maximum Lucina customisation or MU x Fred because Fred is the best. If I go for the former, MU's stats will be customised not for MU herself but for Lucina.

likely giving Luci either a STR oriented or SPD oriented MU for mother, with LUK for worst stat for STR and RES for worst with SPD, respectively.

+STR -LUK MU would give Luci 5str 0 mag 4skl 2spd -1luk 2def 0 res on top of the Great Lord caps, and it would give her 43 HP 40STR 20MAG 41SKL 40SPD 65LUK 31DEF 21RES for base growths.

+SPD -RES MU would give Luci 2str 0 mag 4skl 5spd 4luk 0def -3 res for cap additions and 43HP 38STR 20MAG 41SKL 41SPD 70LUK 30DEF 18 RES

Going Dark Peg for Lightning Speed. Don't know about the other skills other than Aether yet. Probably will end up Great Lord since will have that lance rank from being a peg.

Otherwise her mother would either be Sumia or Olivia, Sumia for the speed or Olivia for better all around.

Might do Vake x Serge to maximise Jerome's strength, or Ronku for some speed boosts since Jerome's slow. Viole has the hair colour I want for him though.

Not sure what I'm doing with Wood and Selena yet.

Also pairing Jerome with Luci for maximum mask x mask love.

Edited by Fat Bunny

I'm wondering if it's even possible for Olivia to pass down Lightning Speed, because she's got Ch.11-13 to get from Lv.1 Dancer to Lv.10 Dancer then to reclass to a Lv.1 Peg and get to Lv.15 Dark Peg. Seems borderline impossible without grinding.

How srs am I? Everyone's planned, from Krom to Renha. It would take awhile to put up my revised list. All I can say is Selena looks most promising. Though I do want to know what Bride Noire could do. Since I'm going for Dark Mage love, I'm hoping she'll destroy things while having blinding white hair and clothing as Magic 'Zerker Loran's wife. wink.gif

Edited by Only My Unit

Loran, the fastest Mage in Iris (Miriel x Gaia)

Dark Knight

+Lethality

+Acrobatics

+Movement +1

+Life Absorb

+Magic Expert

Magic Expert from Sage Miriel

Acrobatics from Trickster Gaia

Mage Lv 10 -> Thief 10 -> Assassin 5 -> Mage -> Dark Knight

The levels als Thief should give him a decent sword level, Tomes should be good too.

Lethality never hurts. Life Absorb should keep his HP up. Magic Expert to deal more damage when Lethality doesn't activate.

Acrobatics and Movement +1 + being on a horse should enable him to be all over the map.

Edited by Lexington

I know that I'm sticking MU with Miriel so I can have Loran reclass to anything. I'll probably pair Krom with Olivia or Mariabel (or Soiree, depending on how much I like her supports with him). The others are undecided as of now.

Loran, the fastest Mage in Iris (Miriel x Gaia)

Dark Knight

+Lethality

+Acrobatics

+Movement +1

+Life Absorb

+Magic Expert

Magic Expert from Sage Miriel

Acrobatics from Trickster Gaia

Mage Lv 10 -> Thief 10 -> Assassin 5 -> Mage -> Dark Knight

The levels als Thief should give him a decent sword level, Tomes should be good too.

Lethality never hurts. Life Absorb should keep his HP up. Magic Expert to deal more damage when Lethality doesn't activate.

Acrobatics and Movement +1 + being on a horse should enable him to be all over the map.

I see your speed 'Ran and challenge it to a duel with mah Magic 'Zerker!

Donny X Miriel (because I won't use them over child characters anyway0

Good Growths from Donny (initial), Vengance from Miriel.

Mage>Merc>Barb>Zerker>Sage

Final load out:

Vengance

Weapon Saver (being Donny's kid means Divine weapons all day er'ry day)

Gamble

Wrath (Girl look at that crit)

Magic Expert

Bam! Super Crit + High Mag and higher Magic Damage with a 1% chance of actually worrying about having to re-equip his offense ever again (unless you want to give him a different situational tome, that is). Falaflame! Beat that! Athos.gif

Edit: I woulda given him concentration, but those work together better. No max crit damage, but I woulda used Libera for that anyway.

Edited by Only My Unit

I'm gonna limit myself to probably 1 or 2 kids

one being Lucina

Out of curiosity, any particular reason? They're not hard to get, and I've enjoyed going for them throughout my playthroughs.

Here's a pretty fun set up.

Vengeance + Wrath + Vantage + Miracle (can only be used by Male MU (Priest -> Myrm -> Zerker -> Sorceror), their children, Wood (requires Henry or Libera as parent) and Azure (requires Libera as a parent). Basically, you operate awesome at low HP, with 100% Vantage, an awesome crit rate, and a pretty high chance for lots of Vengeance, meaning more damage. Miracle can keep the unit alive at low HP, but it's hardly reliable and can therefore be replaced.

Children characters don't seem that great honestly. They're all like level 10 unpromoted which means you need to go out of your way to get them up to par and it really seems like it's only Cynthia, Degel, Lucina, and Jerome who are truly worth it.

From what I've heard, their level ten stats are generally good enough to promote them right off the bat.

Their stats are dependent on their parents', so leveling up the parents is key. Assuming you have trained their parents, they won't be far behind the rest of your team even at 10/1. If not... well, you'll probably still want to promote them early anyway. Generally a good idea, and even better in this game.

I've got plans for allllll of them. Right now, I don't have much reclassing planned. Also, skills are from what they learn and inherit, not their finalized skills.

Lucina with Krom and Sumia for parents. She will become a Great Lord with Aether from Krom, Refresh from Sumia, Dual Attack, Charisma, and Royal Weapon.

Cynthia with Krom and Sumia for parents, giving her blue hair from Krom. She'll become a Dark Pegasus with Charisma and Aether from Krom, Lance Expert from Sumia, Speed +2, Refresh, Movement Cry, and Lightning Speed.

F!Mark with Xander (MU) and Miriel, giving her black hair from Xander. She'll go Dark Knight with Magnificent Flame from Xander, Magic Expert from Miriel, Magic +2, Concentration, Slow Start, and Life Absorb.

^____ ^ Loran with Xander and Miriel, giving him black hair from Xander. He'll go Sage with Magnificent Flame from Xander, Magic Expert from Miriel, Magic +2, Concentration, and Magic Cry.

:3 Wood with Ronku and Liz, giving him brown hair from Ronku. He'll go Assassin with Astra from Ronku, Luck Cry from Liz, Avoid +10, Vantage, Lethality, and Pass.

Dezel with Sol and Soiree, giving her greenish-grayish hair from Sol. She'll become a General with Holy Shield from Sol, Luna from Soiree, Defence +2, Indoor Battle, Defence Cry, and Great Shield.

Brady with Richt and Mariabel, giving him red hair from Richt. He'll become a Sage with Life Absorb from Richt, Secluded Lady from Mariabel, Miracle, Healing Heart, Magic Cry, and Magic Expert.

Chambray with Viole and Velver, giving him blue hair from Viole. He'll max Taguel and reclass to Sniper. He'll receive Skill Cry from Viole, Lethality from Velvet (reclassed to Assassin), Even Biorhythm, and Beast Buster. As a Sniper, he'll receive Skill +2, Early Initiative, Accuracy +20, and Bow Expert.

Selena with Grego and Tiamo, giving her red hair from Grego. She'll become a Bow Knight with Sol from Grego, Lightning Speed from Tiamo, Weapon Saver, Late Initiative, Skill Cry, and Bow Slayer.

Nn with Henry and Nono, giving her blond hair from Henry. She'll max Manakete and reclass to Sage. She'll receive Vengeance from Henry, Hot Start from Nono (reclassed to Dragonmaster), Odd Biorhythm, and Dragon Buster. As a Sage, she'll receive Magic +2, Concentration, Magic Cry, and Magic Expert.

Noire with Cullum and Sariyam, giving her brown hair. She'll become a Sniper with Great Shield from Cullum, Vengeance from Sariya, Skill +2, Early Initiative, Accuracy +20, and Bow Expert.

<3333 Azure with Gaia and Olivia, giving him reddish brown hair from Gaia. He'll become a Hero with Lethality from Gaia, Astra from Olivia (reclassed as Swordmaster), Weapon Saver, Late Initiative, Sol, and Axe Slayer.

*O* Jerome!!! His parents will be Vake and Serge, giving him sexy blond hair. He'll become a Dragonmaster with Strength Cry from Vake, Lance Slayer from Serge, Strength +2, Ride Fast, Hot Start, and Sword Slayer.

The kids still have a pretty decent amount of time left in the game, with Lucina having the most at 12 chapters and 13 gaidens (25 chapters out of 43, about 58% of the game). Yeah, they'll be underlevelled but their growths are so crazy that they'll catch up quickly (IIRC, KromxOliva's Lucina has better offense growths than FE10!Gatrie, and his were 60/60). Once we know how their bases are made, we'll know which kids are better than others.