How much do you think the English voice acting will suck?

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the ABSOLUTE WORST, what do the think the English dub will sound like? My guess is an 8. I'm excited and fearful to hear what these characters will sound like. The Japanese VA wasn't exactly top notch, but you know the dubs will probably be worse. In the Japanese version, voices can be super squeaky, whereas in the English dub, the girls can sound like they're being dubbed by dudes. The guys will probably be dubbed by 60-70 year old men.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If FE9 is any indicator, I'd give it a 7. The voice acting wasn't so horrible that I'd want to cut my ears off or anything, but it was still pretty bad.

Considering people will think it will suck no matter what I don't think it would matter anyway as long as people get both JPN and ENG voices so people can only use the JPN voices and hate on the ENG voices.

But I may going on a tangent but yeah.

I'm wondering if anyone along the lines of Will Friedle, or Frank Welker would be doing voices for this game. Like for instance, Krom, and Fauder respectively.

I certainly would love it if Tara Strong did Lucina as well.

How much voice acting is actually in the game? FE9 was terribad but there was so little of it I didn't really care. FE10 also wasn't great but again there was hardly any so it didn't matter.

If there is a substantial amount of voice acting in this game I'd guess the likelihood of it having higher quality goes up.

I am going to say 8. Besides, even if it is bad I'll be okay with it; I'd rather bad voice acting than none.

But it doesn't matter anyway, people will bitch about it. xP People expect too much from video game voices I think.

FE10 was somehow worse. Mia's voice... *shudders*

Oh and I want to punch the FE9 Mist in the face whenever she opens her mouth.

That made all the hairs on the neck stand up.

Uh.... Shouldn't you punch the people/person in charge of the voice direction?

Because they kind of made that happen.

Maybe a 5ish? I think some characters are bound to be good, while others will probably be terrible.

I wonder if NoA will just take the English voice acting like they did in Xenoblade.

Way to be cynical when nobodies even be announced guys ^J^! I think it'll be fine. The reason VAs might've sucked in 9/10 is probably because the game didn't have voice acting but for the movie scenes. I'm absolutely positive this game will have top notch VA-ing....but then, voice acting rarely ever bothers me.

Considering people will think it will suck no matter what I don't think

I'm actually not that picky. You should check out Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii. The voice acting is very solid. At worst the voices fit the character's image even in English.

I'd rather bad voice acting than none.

If I had to choose between bad voice acting and no voice acting, I'd pick no voice acting.

I wonder if NoA will just take the English voice acting like they did in Xenoblade.

God I hope that doesn't happen. The scenes were okay, but hearing those battle quotes over and over with those accents grew cumbersome. Though, that was also true of Dissidia (Well done!) and any game with repetitive battle quotes.

Actually now that I think about it, all of it really depends on how well Nintendo expects this to sell. If they project good sales then you would naturally expect the VA's to be up to par.

All I know is that I'd like Vincent Martella (Hope in FF XIII and XIII-2) to play Henry, for the lolz. If not Vincent then Johnny Yong Bosh. Of course, God and NoA only know who'll play who though...

If they go with British VAs: 8-9

If they go with the interns they used for KI:U: 4-7

If they hire Cup of Tea's gaggle of VAs: 1 -it's gonna be good.

Also: I hope they get Steve Blum for Frederick. That is all.

Edited by Airship Canon

Whether the voice acting is good or not depends less on who the voice actors are and more on how good the voice directors are.

But anyways, I want Troy Baker and Steven Blum for mu voices