How much do you think the English voice acting will suck?

Besides Mist in FE9 at some occasions, I thought the voice acting for FE9/10 was really superb for a series like this. I don't have any expectations, however. I'm not expecting to be wow'd by it, thats for sure, but I doubt it will be god-awful.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's going to suck if they play their cards right. If they hire certain voice actors, the english dub will be on equal-grounds with the Japanese version.

For example. Patrick Seitz can do a good job as Krom, he nailed it as Ragna in Blaz Blue, a role played by Tomokazu Sugita.

As far as the rest goes:

Lucina: Kate Higgins

Liz: Stephanie Sheh

Soiree: Michelle Ruff

Sol: Yuri Lowenthal

Frederick: Steve Blum

Ronku: Johnny Yong Bosch

Sumia: Laura Bailey

Mariabell: Julie Ann Taylor

Viole : Doug Erholtz

Olivia: Cristina Valenzuela

Serge: Tara Platt

Sariya: Wendee Lee

Tiamo: Kari Wahlgren

Tiki: Erin Fitzgerald

Cynthia: Colleen O'Shaughnessey

That's all the ones I can think of right away.

Edited by Voldomania

I don't think it's going to suck if they play their cards right. If they hire certain voice actors, the english dub will be on equal-grounds with the Japanese version.

For example. Patrick Seitz can do a good job as Krom, he nailed it as Ragna in Blaz Blue, a role played by Tomokazu Sugita.

As far as the rest goes:

Lucina: Kate Higgins

Liz: Stephanie Sheh

Soiree: Michelle Ruff

Liz: Colleen O'Shaughnessey

Sol: Yuri Lowenthal

Frederick: Steve Blum

Ronku: Johnny Yong Bosch

Sumia: Laura Bailey

Mariabell: Julie Ann Taylor

Viole : Doug Erholtz

Olivia: Cristina Valenzuela

Serge: Tara Platt

Sariya: Wendee Lee

Tiamo: Kari Wahlgren

Tiki: Erin Fitzgerald

That's all the ones I can think of right away.

I did not expect Wendee Lee as Sariya. But then, the girl has a massive vocal library, even if I only know her from Haruhi and Lucky Star. And yes, Kari Wahlgren as Tiamo would be win.

10 dollars says that we may just get Europes VA again, since they announced first and it'd be cheaper just to use the same voices.

If that is the case, Xenoblade proves that this game could be very awesome.

Last Story and Xenoblade both had great VA, and I have no objection to Adam Howden voicing half the cast like he does there.

I really want Crispin Freeman and Troy Baker though, if we get US actors. Oh and Laura Bailey.

Actually now that I think about it, all of it really depends on how well Nintendo expects this to sell. If they project good sales then you would naturally expect the VA's to be up to par.

I don't know how much Nintendo expected Baten Kaitos: Origins to sell, being the last non-licensed non-sport title on the GCN, but I felt it had some of the best non-Bloodlines voice acting ever.

I'm going to say it depends on who selects the VAs. Treehouse supposedly had full control over BKO's actors.

Now, what I want to know is if DLC Marth will use Spike Spencer (who did him in the OVA) or sticks with... actually does Hikaru Midorikawa voice him in the DLC?

Sure, Uprising had awesome voice acting but... well it's a big budget title that Nintendo heavily advertised and was released everywhere at the same time. It's no comparison. I'm braced for the worst.

I hope that at least this time around they dub the whole thing and don't leave the Japanese voices intact when the characters make noises rather then having actual lines. With Micaiah and Rolf you could really hear the dissonance between the Japanese and American voice actors. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

Oh, and I hope they don't do stuff like giving the Black Knight a demon voice.

Hm, now that I looked up Sebastian's English voice actor and he sounded pretty good, it'd be cool if they got John Michael Tatum to voice Frederick to further underline the butlerness.

(okay shut up you Sebastian fangirl)

From what's already been said I think the consensus is that the voice acting will be either fairly good or pretty bad. I think I agree with this and I will say that I don't mind if NoE do a British localisation again as long as it's decent, I mean I really liked Xenoblade and The Last Story's localisations. Then again those were major projects... Suddenly I feel a bit less confident.

I don't know how much Nintendo expected Baten Kaitos: Origins to sell, being the last non-licensed non-sport title on the GCN, but I felt it had some of the best non-Bloodlines voice acting ever.

I'm going to say it depends on who selects the VAs. Treehouse supposedly had full control over BKO's actors.

Now, what I want to know is if DLC Marth will use Spike Spencer (who did him in the OVA) or sticks with... actually does Hikaru Midorikawa voice him in the DLC?

im sorry but did you just say baten kaitos had good voice acting

Now that I think about it, tell me what you think....

Sol VAed by Spike Spencer.

Thoughts. To me it makes sense, but then, I really like Spike, and Sol is just impossible to hate ( at least to me).

I also think Brina Palencia would be a fabulous Lucina, but that may just be me.