How much do you think the English voice acting will suck?

MU: It's gotta be Liam O'Brien for at least one voice option. He's pretty much perfect for the role, especially given later events in the game.

Krom: Young Johnny Bosch. He does the whole young, serious hero thing well. Young Johnny Bosch could probably do MU too, actually.

Liz: i'm not entirely sure. Laura Bailey maybe? Though Laura Bailey might be better for Anna.

Lucina: Susan Dalian. Has to be. It's just too perfect.

Frederick: Hmm. Tough one. Gonna go with Vic Mignogna though.

Soiree: Danielle Judovits might be a good option.

Sariya: Cristina Valenzuela perhaps? Though Yandere's can be hard to do.

Edited by Onestep

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MU: It's gotta be Liam O'Brien for at least one voice option. He's pretty much perfect for the role, especially given later events in the game.

Krom: Young Johnny Bosch. He does the whole young, serious hero thing well. Young Johnny Bosch could probably do MU too, actually.

Liz: i'm not entirely sure. Laura Bailey maybe? Though Laura Bailey might be better for Anna.

I think Cris would be great as Sariya...her or Trina Nishimura (especially considering Trina's recent breakout character).

Haven't checked out the voice acting in this game, as I wanted to keep as much of the game as a surprise as I can when I first play it.

If there's one thing I didn't like about the voice acting in cutscenes of FE9 and 10 was not that the acting was bad, but that everybody talked in a calm, inside voice as battles were happening around them. Heck, I couldn't hear a single thing the black knight said in FE9, and I had the volume turned up. I'm still not totally sure what he says to Greil in that scene. I think Ike's voice acting was superb in both games, but Ranulf, Mist, Mia, and Zelgius really suffered. I think NoA have become far more in touch with Nintendo fans over the years, and know the difference between a family game and a more mature title like Fire Emblem.

Y'know, it's pretty sad that the only cutscene dialouge I actually remember is usually "Ike? STAY BACK!" BK telling Greil to pick up the sword and some of his dialouge, other VA's sucking, and the galdr that still has a hold on me today.

I like how we had the same thought and posted at almost the same time. :D

And I agree with you on Liam O'Brien. I don't know the rest of the characters very well at the moment so I can't judge your other ideas.

Oh come on.

Yes NoA's voice acting for FE9 and FE10 was terrible (i'd even go as far and say that it was downright unacceptable; you should hire voice actors not use random employees) but if Kid Icarus Uprising's dubbing was phenomenal, so it's likely FE13 will have good dubbing. Really, in regards to voice acting, NoA has improved tremendously.

Voice acting in Brawl notwithstanding (Brawl's voice acting for humanoid characters was terrible. Like, really, really bad. It mostly gets ignored due to bulk of the voice work being battle grunts, but if you pay attention you realize how bad it is. Ike for example is fucking terrible.

If they go with the interns they used for KI:U: 4-7

Have you gone nuts? The voice work in KI:U was phenomenal. Ali Hillis, Troy Baker, Cree Summers, Hyden Walch, Nika Futterman... How on earth are these "interns!?!" They far surpass the voice work in XB: Chronicles (though its good in the game too)

Sheesh

Edited by Starwave

You hate NoA's voice acting? You clearly didn't hear the german one.

I'd be really happy if Johnny Yong Bosch and Mark Meer would do some of the voice acting. Oh, and Brandon Keener. Probably... no, definitely Ali Hillis.

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

Since NoE announced FE13 first, I'm kind of hoping that they'll use British actors (like REAL ones, not American voice actors pretending to be British) and that NoA leeches off them so we get it too. :)

Y'know, Nintendo games can sometimes have some really good voice acting. Kid Icarus is a recent example, but Rune Factory Frontier (and to a lesser extent, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny) had some genuinely talented voice actors. Young Johnny Bosch did Raguna incredibly well in particular, which is the main reason I think he could do either MU or Krom fairly well.

And I stand by the idea that Cristina Valenzuela would be a great voice actor for Sariya as well.

Edited by Onestep

Y'know, Nintendo games can sometimes have some really good voice acting. Kid Icarus is a recent example, but Rune Factory Frontier (and to a lesser extent, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny) had some genuinely talented voice actors. Young Johnny Bosch did Raguna incredibly well in particular, which is the main reason I think he could do either MU or Krom fairly well.

And I stand by the idea that Cristina Valenzuela would be a great voice actor for Sariya as well.

RFF was Xseed, and ToD was Natsume. Nintendo wasn't in charge of the dubbing.

That being said, I do think Bosch'd do a good job as one of MU's voices.

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to my thoughts on this, I'm pretty much convinced that Tara Strong would be perfect for Lucina. I'm hoping she gets the role, but I don't know if she would. And did I already mention I'm also hoping for something like Frank Welker as Fauder? (If Fauder is voiced.) Or Will Friedle as Krom?

In any case, I'm hoping Nintendo gives us quality voice work like in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Edited by Little Al

Going back to my thoughts on this, I'm pretty much convinced that Tara Strong would be perfect for Lucina. I'm hoping she gets the role, but I don't know if she would. And did I already mention I'm also hoping for something like Frank Welker as Fauder? (If Fauder is voiced.) Or Will Friedle as Krom?

In any case, I'm hoping Nintendo gives us quality voice work like in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

As much as I love Mr. Matthews, I can't really see him as Krom. He plays wiseguys i.e. Terry from Batman and Ron Stoppable.

I can't help but imagine Fred and Wood played by the guy who did Mustang in FMA. The latter because I imagine him talking like an excited Colonel Mustang during supports.

I wonder, do you think they'll get separate voice actors for each of the MU voices?

Also, Laura Bailey for FeMU regardless, so I can make jokes that she's been Female MC twice.

Edited by Miscellany

As much as I love Mr. Matthews, I can't really see him as Krom. He plays wiseguys i.e. Terry from Batman and Ron Stoppable.

I can't help but imagine Fred and Wood played by the guy who did Mustang in FMA. The latter because I imagine him talking like an excited Colonel Mustang during supports.

I think Travis Willingham(Mustang) would be a good fit for Fred. On to other characters, think Chris Patton(Greed from FMA and Tatsuhiro Sato from Welcome to the NHK) would make a good Gangrel and Laura Bailey doing Inverse like she did Lust from FMA would be awesome. (Big FMA fan here)

Edited by Modern Major General

Someone on Gamefaqs suggested JYB as the Hot Blooded MU. Vic, as in the guy who played Edward Elric? No, just because I imagine him as a guy who plays teenagers.. Vic would be a good Henry I think.

I'm sure he could pull it off though if he actually did have the role. He did Lion-O's voice in the 2011 Thundercats cartoon, so I wouldn't see why not.

I don't know about Wood, but I had nearly the same idea for Fred.

I'm sure he could pull it off though if he actually did have the role. He did Lion-O's voice in the 2011 Thundercats cartoon, so I wouldn't see why not.

I don't know about Wood, but I had nearly the same idea for Fred.

Watch the scene from the first FMA anime when he makes his miniskirt proclamation or the "I Love Dogs" scene. Now imagine the excited voice on Wood.