Legend of Korra Thread

inb4 pairing talk.

ugh I that so much

The new episode is already available on the internet if you cannot wait another 15mins.

nah I can wait :U

The story has flaws at points, and its focus is rather different from its predecessor.

But I do like seeing it. And the season finale is next week--although, I had thought originally that this series would only be about 15 or so episode long.

And if this ends the season, what's the name of the next season? After this one, they've run out of elements.

why are people still talking about this show it sucks like seriously

like ehw mah gawd i no rite

And if this ends the season, what's the name of the next season? After this one, they've run out of elements.

Spiritual connection of the Avatar... As well as Korra getting better at air bending (because Korra has only displayed basic skill with air...)

AsamixMako OTP

^This

I lol'd at Iroh having the same exact VA as Zuko's.

First, I heard the voice, and I was like, oh, hey, Zuko, let's see how old he is. No scar, no greyed hair, okay, it's his son. It makes sense for Zuko to name his son Iroh, when you think about it

The story has flaws at points, and its focus is rather different from its predecessor.

Which is a good thing, imo. You can't just try to make something similar in the same universe, that would just ruin it. This complements the Legend of Aang quite nicely, if you ask me.

Energybending exists, and it has so far been a very essential point in this series. It'd fit perfectly, I think.

Which is a good thing, imo. You can't just try to make something similar in the same universe, that would just ruin it. This complements the Legend of Aang quite nicely, if you ask me.

I don't mean to insinuate that it's a bad thing that it's different--merely that you can't really compare the quality of the two series, since they have different focuses.

Iroh is Zuko's grandson, not son

also, how about metal/lightning/blood bending as new season names.

I heard season 2 was confirmed, heard nothing but rumors on a season 3 though.

also, about Amon, I'm pretty sure he's Bumi, Aang's non-bender son. who do you guys think he is?

Iroh is Zuko's grandson, not son

You sure? He looks quite old. How did you find this out?

also, how about metal/lightning/blood bending as new season names.

The problem with those is that they fall into Earth/Fire/Water bending. Apparently, there's no special advanced Air technique...

I heard season 2 was confirmed, heard nothing but rumors on a season 3 though.

Season 2 is fine, but I think Season 3 would make it too long.

also, about Amon, I'm pretty sure he's Bumi, Aang's non-bender son. who do you guys think he is?

Huh? I never heard of Aang having a non-bender son... and didn't he say that his entire family were non-benders?

Huh? I never heard of Aang having a non-bender son... and didn't he say that his entire family were non-benders?

]They had three children IIRC. One of them was the non-bender bumi. A water bender, an air bender(Tenzin)

From avatar wiki:

Aang married Katara and the two had three children, named Kya, Bumi, and Tenzin.[47] Tenzin, the youngest, was the only airbender; he was born when Aang was thirty-two years old.

Air is by far the best element. Without air, fire cannot exist. Fire should actually be an extension of air. Without air, AKA oxygen, water in its liquid form cannot exist. Rockbenders? Their techniques could be replicated with blasts of super-fast air. Being an air-bender means being telekinetic.

Airbenders don't need a super ability, like blood or energy bending, air is clearly the best element.

Air is by far the best element. Without air, fire cannot exist. Fire should actually be an extension of air. Without air, AKA oxygen, water in its liquid form cannot exist. Rockbenders? Their techniques could be replicated with blasts of super-fast air. Being an air-bender means being telekinetic.

Airbenders don't need a super ability, like blood or energy bending, air is clearly the best element.

I'm afraid air bending is just using the air already available, therefore, fire can easily be present without air bending being present. May be the best element, but it isn't necessarily the best element to bend. So air benders could use an ability... Of course, air bending is possibly the most versatile which probably balances it out.

I'd prefer air bending over the others... actually any bending > no bending... Damn it why doesn't real life get cool powers.

Edited by SlayerX

I KNOW RIGHT

[spoiler=disorganized finale spoilers]

AMON WAS YAKONE'S SON ALSO WELP

PLANES

PLANES

I WANT ASAMI FLYING A PLANE STAT.

MECHA ASAMI WILL DO IN A PINCH.

AVATAR STATE YEEEHAAAAW also BUMI.

IROH CAN FLY. I LIKE IROH. REQUEST MORE.

MAKO STOP THAT. MAKO YOU ARE BEING A BUTT. ASAMI DOES NOT DESERVE THAT KIND OF TREATMENT YOU STOP THAT THIS INSTANT UNTIL YOU HAVE DEALT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO HER. MAKO YOU ARE BEING A BUTT.