Past Japan-only FE characters with Given names that got mentioned and got changed might use it for FE13?

Do you think they might put some of these characters from Japan-only games that got mentioned outside of Japan with a different name and might use it for Awakening?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Celice as 'Serlis' for FE13? (Note: Serlis is his official localized name mentioned outside of Japan)

• I think Yes (for American and European version)
    • Probably
    • I am not quite sure
    • I think they probably change to something else or stay the same
    • I think they probably just use it for the American version
    • I think they probably just use it for the European version
  2. 2. Dieck as 'Deke' for FE13? (From Brawl)

• Probably
    • I am not quite sure
  3. 3. Rutger as 'Rutoga' for FE13? (From Brawl)

• Probably
    • I am not quite sure
  4. 4. Siglud as 'Sigurd' for FE13?

• Probably
    • I am not quite sure
  5. 5. Cellica as 'Celica' for FE13? (Both of the names 'Celica' was used twice)

• Probably
    • I am not quite sure
    • I think they probably change to something else or stay

Ok, I'll think I'm going to make a poll since I gathered with some of the Chaharacter's names from the Japan-only games that did got mentioned and got their names changed like Dieck and Rugter did make a cameo as Sticker and got their names as Deke and Rutoga in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and we are not sure if they might use some of these names for the Spotpass and DLC characters for the American and/or European version of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Since Caeda/Sheeda did make a cameo as Sticker and had her name as Shiida and her name did used in the European version of Shadow Dragon as well and Navarre/Narbal's name was Nabaaru in Brawl, but they didn't use Nabaaru in Shadow Dragon.

On the note: Cellica's name was Celica was used twice in the official site and the Brawl soundtrack as With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1), Celice's name was mentioned as Serlis and Siglud's name was mentioned as Sigurd are official also.

So we can just guess until their names confirm for American version and the European version of Awakening.

Edited by King Marth 64

I for one can't wait to get my hands on Zigludo's Steel Lance.

Seriously though, I have no clue what the names are going to be. It's actually kinda exciting to see what names the localizers come up with for these older characters.

I'm excited for the inevitable storm it will create online!

Really, though, will it matter? Sheeda still gets called Sheeda by tons of people, and both of her games have been remade and translated (to some extent, at least) with her name as Caeda. If Rutger gets called Rutogaa (which would be absurd, by the way) he will still be called Rutger by tons of people on SF seeing as whenever anyone plays FE6, he will be Rutger.

Serlis and Rutoga are so out of the green they aren't likely to remain. "Celice" and "Rutger" are far more likely. (Note: Caeda is pronounceable. Serlis isn't.)

Sigurd is pretty much gonna be what they are.

Deke is viable.

I'm excited for the inevitable storm it will create online!

Let it begin.

This can only end well. It's not like there have been multiple threads locked because of the same type of discussion, right? ;D

There are two names for Celice used by different Nintendo media, though. Serlis was used in an abstract-like page for FE7, and another name was used in a Nintendo Power article on the game.

Assuming I'm thinking the same Nintendo Power article as you're thinking (I only know of the one posted on SF), it still used "Serlis"; it was their name for Sigurd that was different, "Zigludo".

Sigurd's likely the only one that's definite because of the obvious mythological basis of his name. Serlis is somewhat up in the air but there's no reason why it wouldn't be used, and being that it's been used twice, Celica has some solidity to it. Dieck and Rutger don't appear in FE13 in any capacity, so... (though let's face it "Deke" is pretty much the same thing only with a more "sensible" spelling, and "Rutoga" would probably go the way of "Nabaaru")

(Note: Caeda is pronounceable. Serlis isn't.)

sir-liss

Edited by Rhinocerocket

Honestly, I think they should just change everything to "Vergil" as names.

When in doubt, bullshit something up!

But I don't think it'll matter too much so long as they're somewhat close to the names. Rutoga is probably the only one that I have minor doubts of.

Here's something:

Yuria or Julia?

Yurius or Julius?

Why would they use Yurius/Yuria, anyway?

They wouldn't.

Names like Joshua and Jonah have the first Katakana with the "y" sounds for some reason or another. *shrug*

In kana it would be said like "Yoshua" and "Yona".

Edit: Correction... I remember ONE instance when kana "Yulia" was kept the same... "Yulia Jue" from Tales of the Abyss.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Because of the Norse hero, I am pretty sure Sigurd will be translated as Sigurd (I am praying for no Zigludo...).

Julia and Julius are real Latin names while Yuria and Yurius are just bad translations, so I have a feeling they will be Julia and Julius.

Aless/Ares is more foggy, since both are actual names. However, Aless is usually short only for the female form of the name, Alessandra, so his name may actually become Alex once translated (with NoA anything is possible). I really don't know what NoE and NoA will do here...My vote is for Ares though.

I think Serlis will be picked over Celice just because it was used by NoA before.

Deke and Rutoga need to go back to being Dieck and Rutgar or get new names..

Aless/Ares is more foggy, since both are actual names. However, Aless is usually short only for the female form of the name, Alessandra, so his name may actually become Alex once translated (with NoA anything is possible). I really don't know what NoE and NoA will do here...My vote is for Ares though.

I think the reference to Ares makes it a bit obvious which name to choose, in terms of likelihood :/

Just recently started reading "Caeda" as "see-da" like "Caesar". Not sure if it's the proper pronunciation, but it'd certainly make a ton of sense as to why it was picked.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll go out of their way to find whatever vague references these names are meant to reference and use those as translations where appropriate.

Also, this probably won't end well.

Just recently started reading "Caeda" as "see-da" like "Caesar". Not sure if it's the proper pronunciation, but it'd certainly make a ton of sense as to why it was picked.

Everything makes sense now.

Watch, they'll change Sigurd to Marcus just for shits and giggles.