Odd staff EXP glitch?

Agro

I ran into a problem the other day when I finally introduced a unit in my hack who could use staves. For some reason all staff EXP (with the exception of a miss) has been given a +10 boost. So Heal gives 21 EXP, Mend 22, etc.. Some further testing revealed that the problem's been there for a while but I hadn't picked up on it because I didn't have anyone using a staff.

I suppose I can edit the staff EXP at CB528 to give -10 EXP to counteract the change but I'm worried that this might be a problem that I'll run into again in the future. I'm hopefully going to get around to troubleshooting with Blazer if he gets the time but before we do I was wondering if anyone else has run into this same problem before? And if so, what caused it?

Edited by Agro

hey Agro give Camtech a patch so he can troubleshoot, maybe? I'm too busy bro, and TheEnd will kill me if I don't make some progress on FE12 soon

Plus Camtech's all ASMy now so he could actually debug the problem whereas I probably couldn't and don't really know where to start and don't want to waste hours doing trying to fix something that sounds like it's inevitably going to be annoying without the proper knowledge ._.

EDIT: XP

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

...Did you make any modifications to the staves to begin with? Since you mentioned staves missing (something Heal normally can't do), I'm wondering if the +10 EXP is a result of the game thinking that the unit was in combat with a foe but didn't defeat them, an outcome which normally yields 10 EXP. It simply adds the 10 to the EXP granted by using the staff, giving the result that you're experiencing...

Or, something along those lines, anyway.

Edited by Lord Glenn

...Did you make any modifications to the staves to begin with? Since you mentioned staves missing (something Heal normally can't do), I'm wondering if the +10 EXP is a result of the game thinking that the unit was in combat with a foe but didn't defeat them, an outcome which normally yields 10 EXP. It simply adds the 10 to the EXP granted by using the staff, giving the result that you're experiencing...

The missing-thing was with staves like Silence i should have mentioned that. The only modification I've made to staves is giving them 0 WEXP, but now that you mention it, I wonder if the bug might be something to do with the fact that there are physical classes who can use staves? Anyway, cam is helping me at the moment, so we'll so if we can't find a solution.