Quick question on importing custom map sprites

Agro

screwypalette.png

I made some custom map sprites and want to insert them into FE7, but the problem is that I was working with default Ally palettes i.e. this one

cavthings.png

When I insert them into the game with the same palette and no recolouring, the palette goes all screwy, which is what I'd think would happen, but...I really don't want to have to recolour them with the annoying default GBAGE palette. Is there any way I can insert these into FE7 without having to recolour the PNGs so that they match the horrible palettes in GBAGE? I did try with and without "import palette" and... well, the result is that of the above. help appreciated folks :|

Export a map sprite from gbafe then copy paste your map sprite on top of it in usenti.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks.

Edit: This didn't seem to work for me. It just ended up trying to approximate each of the new sprite's colours to one that was already in the palettes so that the new sprite had only about 3-4 colours. Something wrong with my usenti settings, maybe?

Edited by Agro

Edit: This didn't seem to work for me. It just ended up trying to approximate each of the new sprite's colours to one that was already in the palettes so that the new sprite had only about 3-4 colours. Something wrong with my usenti settings, maybe?

This is why I use GIMP to keep the damn palette

Can you try posting that image you're trying to insert all formatted?

Because if what you're saying is true, then some of the colors don't match up exactly then. And that's why it's complaining.

Right, so the reason things weren't working for me is because I thought that I had to use the dodgy-palette version when I didn't actually have to and because and I saved them in Paint which got rid of the indexing that I didn't know about. It makes sense now... lul. Problem solved. Thanks to SoC for helping me through :newyears: