Awakening is coming to 2013 for the US

Here's this Source that was announced today: http://www.joystiq.c...ium=feed&utm_ca

They confirmed that Fire Emblem: Awakening will be scheduled to be released on 2013 for the US. This was posted by JC Fletcher on joystiq.com.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, hastily announced at E3 for North America, has been given a 2013 release window. Nintendo showed some Japanese gameplay and a logo for the game that is, at the moment, called just "Fire Emblem."

And there is a video shows Fire Emblem: Awakening from Nintendo Direct June 22, 2012 also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=4su84YWziDo#t=848s

Edited by King Marth 64

Probably not for a little though, is my guess: pretty much everything they showed was Japanese and the logo looked like it was from Shadow Dragon. Also there's the matter of "NoA isn't amazing at advertising their Fire Emblem games". I mean, they didn't even make a proper announcement and tried to cover it up after the fact...

You know... that little snippet of lacking a unique logo (it IS probably a copy paste of Shadow Dragon's logo) and lack of any English text only makes me even more suspicious that they actually don't have any localization done and weren't planning on localizing it until the storm that was started by Reggie's slip up at E3.

If it didn't get so much attention, that "hey, we should get on it and take their money" thing would have never happened.

But that's just me throwing out my pessimistic thoughts.

At the very least, they weren't at the stage of planning the loclization at which the gameplay text/graphics has been translated yet.

I'm thinking the same as Blazer and SoC, but still I'm glad they're bringing this game out to the West.

The main thing that bothers me personally is that I won't be getting a 3DS until 2013 : (

Probably not for a little though, is my guess: pretty much everything they showed was Japanese and the logo looked like it was from Shadow Dragon. Also there's the matter of "NoA isn't amazing at advertising their Fire Emblem games". I mean, they didn't even make a proper announcement and tried to cover it up after the fact...

They had adequate advertising for the rest of the series, especially compared to other Nintendo titles from the times.

weren't planning on localizing it until the storm that was started by Reggie's slip up at E3.

That doesn't account for the European plans already announced. Speaking of which, one can plan something, and not start work immediately--so seeing a place-holder title and no English screens doesn't equate to a translation not being started until "the storm."

You know... that little snippet of lacking a unique logo (it IS probably a copy paste of Shadow Dragon's logo)

But it did get a unique logo, just in the EU presentation!

qlObr.png

See? Right there along the left - that's a unique non-borrowed logo that says Fire Emblem.

</sarcasm>

That doesn't account for the European plans already announced. Speaking of which, one can plan something, and not start work immediately--so seeing a place-holder title and no English screens doesn't equate to a translation not being started until "the storm."

That also doesn't necessarily mean they were planning on releasing it in the US. There are a few games that saw European Release, but never stateside.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That also doesn't necessarily mean they were planning on releasing it in the US. There are a few games that saw European Release, but never stateside.

Reggie would not have slipped if the game had not already been planned and approved for investment. There would have been nothing to slip about; it's more likely that the plans were already made before E3.