Rate the Unit: Day 52 - Reyson

Edward cuts three times as many turns Reyson cuts earlygame. Reyson isn't good lategame either, due to having little availability. Rafiel will be used in 4-E, not Reyson.

Edward isn't LITERALLY forced. You can use Micaiah and Leonardo instead if you want to, but that can take around 20 turns.

TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZ!

Anyway Reyson gets a 9/10. He's a flying dancer who can sometimes vigor 4 people instead of 1.

Gives your Part 3 units their dose of Heroine all day long. When he's done getting Stoned or Grassed, that is.

9/10

I'll use this as my vote.

tallying

Edward cuts three times as many turns Reyson cuts earlygame. Reyson isn't good lategame either, due to having little availability. Rafiel will be used in 4-E, not Reyson.

Yeah but Reyson's a utility unit rather than a combat unit. Thus, he's going to automatically be doing more than Edward. Not to mention he uses the Cards very well.

I never understood why Rafiel was used over Reyson. Statistically he's worse, he doesn't have canto, and doesn't have the movement of Reyson and even Leanne. Reyson can easily take the Laguz Gem from 4-3 or even Giffca's and put it to great use.

Gah I missed this. Oh well, I suppose I can still offer my opinion.

You see, i've been trying to cut down on being an abrasive asshole, but everytime someone posts garbage like this:

Vastly overrated; needs a Laguz Stone use to be really useful (which are low in number). 7/10

My faith in humanity takes a massive hit.

Anyway, Reyson is a dancer (and a damn good one at that.) Pop him full olivi grass / stones (during important chapters) and your team suddenly becomes twice or 3 times as a strong.

9/10

Yeah but Reyson's a utility unit rather than a combat unit. Thus, he's going to automatically be doing more than Edward. Not to mention he uses the Cards very well.

I never understood why Rafiel was used over Reyson. Statistically he's worse, he doesn't have canto, and doesn't have the movement of Reyson and even Leanne. Reyson can easily take the Laguz Gem from 4-3 or even Giffca's and put it to great use.

Rafiel's diamond vigor allows 1 turns of the endgame chapters with little effort. Reyson needs to get stoned in order to diamond vigor, so hes inferior to rafiel in endgame. But during the rest of the game, he does shave more turns and contributes a lot to your team.

So what? All it boils down to is whether you cut turns or not / whether you're reliable or not. There is ultimately (note, ultimately) no difference between a combat unit and a utility unit.

Dancers are unilaterally among the best units in LTCs and usually get 9/10 from people who focus exclusively on it. Reyson is a dancer who flies and can sometimes dance 4 people at once.

So why does he get a 7/10 hmm?

Dancers are unilaterally among the best units in LTCs and usually get 9/10 from people who focus exclusively on it. Reyson is a dancer who flies and can sometimes dance 4 people at once.

So why does he get a 7/10 hmm?

If you read the thread at all, you'd notice that he cuts only 6 turns.

Well then Ike, Micaiah, The BK, Laura, and Ranulf must be the best characters in the game then. They save infinite turns amirite?

Turncounts aren't everything.

How is Reyson reliable then?

Reyson certainly does more than just cut turns. He allows you to feed more kills to the unit you are babying, enemies who would suicide/run away otherwise. He allows you to do rescue-drop-steal with thieves, he lets your strongest unit cover a huge area in a single turn if you screwed up somewhere and needs a competent unit to clean up the mess. There are just so many uses.

Reyson certainly does more than just cut turns. He allows you to feed more kills to the unit you are babying, enemies who would suicide/run away otherwise. He allows you to do rescue-drop-steal with thieves, he lets your strongest unit cover a huge area in a single turn if you screwed up somewhere and needs a competent unit to clean up the mess. There are just so many uses.

1. The GMs don't need babying.

2. Thieves are basically useless in this game.

The list is small compared to people like Haar, though.

1. The GMs don't need babying.

2. Thieves are basically useless in this game.

The list is small compared to people like Haar, though.

I'm just providing points on things Reyson can do other than being efficient.

The GM does have units that need babying, and if you want to use them Reyson helps greatly. Heather may be 'useless', but it doesn't take the fun out of stealing stuff.

And not everyone has perfect hit so a miss here and there is bound to happen eventually and having Reyson to cover it up is handy.

There are other things too. If your heather died Reyson helps with picking up treasure, especially the rescue staff. You can make your units kill stuff and then position themselves better for enemy phase etc. And in the longer chapters a stoned Reyson is just so good to have.

And the six turns Reyson saves are available only to Reyson. How many turns does Titania save exclusively? Maybe 1 in 3-P, 2 in 3-1, maybe one in 3-3. That's it. She helps the other chapters, but is certainly not the key turn saver like Reyson is. And Tits is pretty much 10/10 as an efficiency unit.

Edited by nano

lol

As much as I love Edward, his contributions to 1-P shouldn't be held in high regard. Saving turns... are you kidding me? There is no conscious choice to use him or not... you HAVE to use him since Leonardo and Micaiah are purely ranged. 99.9% of players are using him in that chapter, and thus the amount of turns he saves are irrelevant. This is different than say... 1-3 or w/e where you CHOOSE to use Edward as a frontline unit and the like. Same with BK in his joining chapter for Micaiah. The game is pretty set up in a way so that you have no choice BUT to use BK or else risk getting owned badly.

How is Reyson reliable then?

You know why Sylvia is the second highest rated unit in Gen 1 of the FE4 RTU?

She dances Sigurd to kill more things and seize faster.

Reyson does the same for Ike/Haar/Titania/Other Awesome Units.