[FE8] okay I need an FE8 draft fast

Naglfar

Saleh's only advantage is that its impossible for him to get RNG screwed like Artur can have happen to him. But we are talking drafts here and Stat screwage is rare for drafts.

Why is that?

Edited by Refa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured the speed wouldn't be too much of an issue since he was doing decent there and I don't really need swords.

so uh what are you getting over speed, of which garcia needs every point he can get

so uh what are you getting over speed, of which garcia needs every point he can get

Higher Str cap and bows and +3 def/res promo gains.........vs

+2 spd promo gains and swords.

Yeah, Hero is better.

@ Refa

Look at the 2 turn strategy of the prologue or the video posted by CR. Eirika gets above average STR.

Also, Chapters and turns (with savestates) are redone several times (sometimes dozens) in order to find the best strategy or to shave turns. In each of those retrys actions will be taken to alter when certain LV ups occur. If Vanessa goes first, ORKOs an enemy and gets a crappy LV up, then on a 2nd try, another unit can take their action 1st, and then Vanessa's ORKO might result in a better LV up. And due to the RN strings, any good LV ups that you "discover" can be recreated on every successive retry thus resulting in unit who are blessed more often than screwed.

There are some people who never reset and just go with what they get but most drafters attempt to get as low turns as they can. Ergo, stat screwage is kinda rare.

I hope that makes sense...

@ Refa

Look at the 2 turn strategy of the prologue or the video posted by CR. Eirika gets above average STR.

Also, Chapters and turns (with savestates) are redone several times (sometimes dozens) in order to find the best strategy or to shave turns. In each of those retrys actions will be taken to alter when certain LV ups occur. If Vanessa goes first, ORKOs an enemy and gets a crappy LV up, then on a 2nd try, another unit can take their action 1st, and then Vanessa's ORKO might result in a better LV up. And due to the RN strings, any good LV ups that you "discover" can be recreated on every successive retry thus resulting in unit who are blessed more often than screwed.

There are some people who never reset and just go with what they get but most drafters attempt to get as low turns as they can. Ergo, stat screwage is kinda rare.

Fair enough, it was kind of a uh...loaded question, to say the least. I'd think that the same strategies would apply to normal LTC play as well haha.

It might be even worse!

Edited by Refa

@ Refa

this is called cheating

How so? Say I screw up a chapter multiple times. I find out that If Eirika attacks first, Garcia will hit, and get a good level up. If Garcia attacks first, he misses and gets a bad level up. Taking the second option is just sandbagging yourself.

How so? Say I screw up a chapter multiple times. I find out that If Eirika attacks first, Garcia will hit, and get a good level up. If Garcia attacks first, he misses and gets a bad level up. Taking the second option is just sandbagging yourself.

uh, honestly, using knowledge of the RN seed probably isn't cheating since actively ignoring what you know is stupid

you made it sound like RNG abuse though

people should start adding rules to their drafts outlining what you're allowed to do with the RNG, for me it would be anything up to and including using that nifty lua script but burning RNs is way out, that way hit rates and stuff have some actual significance but the game doesn't become a goddamn series of die rolls

I play on a freaking cartridge. Using Lua scripts is cheating no matter what way you look at it.

I think a draft with Lua scripts used and maximum RNG abuse encouraged would be interesting...

• 1 month later...

Chapter 15 - 7/109 turns

Ewwwww hit rates. Yeah, now I regret Garcia not going hero. But Artur is a lifesaver, so it worked out. Sort of. But like, Marisa kind of did things. but ewww that was the messiest clear ever

Chapter 16 - 4/113 turns

Artur hits warp in the middle of the chapter, thanks ;/

Chapter 17 - 3/116 turns

I warped Innes to kill things, screw Kyle's speed. Artur's mag so is <3 Kyle sux

Chapter 18 - 7/123 turns

we're having eggs for dinner today

Chapter 19 - 2/125 turns

GARMcia is so good

Chapter 20 - 4/129 turns

warping things, garcia is fail at bosskilling

Final 1 - 4/133 turns

Syrene ferries people, Artur warps and rescues. And fuck you guys, I got SURE STRIKE to activate on LYON

Final 2 - 2/135 turns

fuck it

• 4 months later...

Taking over for Sharpy

Prologue - 2/2 turns

Chapter 1 - 5/7 turns

standard

Chapter 2 - 5/12 turns

Standard + Nessie. KEEP GETTING STR OR ELSE

Chapter 3 - 7/19 turns

My wallbreakers worked out perfectly.

Chapter 4 - 5/24 turns

Ross is so clutch

Chapter 5 - 4/28 turns

Nessie ferries Eir to boss, Natz heals

Chapter 5x - 7/35 turns

standard

Chapter 6 - 3/38 turns

Vanessa gets the shield, and she kills the boss on turn 3. Natz torches along the way while Ross feeds himself more kills.

Chapter 7 - 4/42 turns

Vanessa ferries rapier!Eirika to the boss. Ross crosses the river to get more kills for himself, and he can actually double now. Gasp. Just barely though, his speed isn't that good. He crosses back so that Natasha can heal him.

Chapter 8 - 9/51 turns

The whip cost me like 2 turns what the hell

Chapter 9 - 9/60 turns

Yessss I get Tana. Ross GOES DOWN through the sea and kills things, gets the ocean seal, and then goes down to the boss area. Tana goes with him, gets the rapier, then goes across to meet up with Nessie. Natz staffspams some more. Forde and Vanessa go around together.

Chapter 10 - 3/63 turns

Vanessa ferries Eirika.

Chapter 11 - 6/69 turns

Torchspammed with Natasha, Ross GOES DOWN, Vanessa and Forde go around, Eirika stays behind and Tana goes after Ross.

Chapter 12 - 6/75 turns

YES YES YES YES. Vanessa GOES THROUGH mountains, Tana goes THROUGH OTHER MOUNTAINS, Ross goes DOWN MOUNTAINS, Nats promotes to valk and kills things on EP while staffspammin on PP. Forde GOES UP, L'Arachy DOES NOTHUING but she PROTECTGS SALEH, EWAN GET

Chapter 13 - 2/78 turns

Vanessa GOES THROUGH THINGS and KILLS BIOSS

Chapter 14 - 8/86 turns

NESSIE RUSHES while TANA gets a WHIP for herself and FORDE ALSO RUSHES and ROSS KILLS THINGS and NATASHA UNLOCKS the door. Ewan was grinded in the tower to tier 1 and got a kill but is still a scrub. He, Ross and L'Arachel the badd goes down to the chest room to get me treasure. L'Arachel is MASTER DOOR UNLOCKER. Also got hammerne.

REDID IT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THE WHIP ANYMORE

Chapter 14 - 7/85 turns

Pretty much the same as the above except I didn't waste a turn on the whip. I have a PLAN.

Edited by Seregil

Chapter 15 - 5/90 turns

TANA AND VANESSA RUSH, Natasha and Ewan kill things. Forde goes left because he has scrub move. Eirika too. L'Arachel does some more hardcore staffspam.

Chapter 16 - 3/93 turns

Stoopid enemies cockblocked Vanessa :< Natasha warps.

Chapter 17 - 1/94 turns

gg Lyon. L'Arachel barriers some more.

Chapter 18 - 5/99 turns

L'Arachel hits warp on like turn 3, which saved a turn because then I warped Tana down so she could kill things. She also hammerned it, then Natasha warps Forde. Pretty much everyone was warped. Even Ewan saves turns/10

Chapter 19 - 1/100 turns

Torch!L'Arachel saves all the turns

Chapter 20 - 2/102 turns

Well, at first SB said that if someone suicided then that unit would be refreshed, but apparently that's only in FE6. So that didn't work and I was sad because Eirika wasn't refreshed after Tana suicided ;_; I was planning on having Nessie pierce with a spear to finish Morva off. But that was still a good idea, so thanks.

Final 1 - 1/103 turns

WARP

Final 2 - 1/104 turns

lolrush

holy shit, an fe8 draft I didn't finish? I didn't know there was such a thing.

EDIT: That's actually a pretty good team, too.

Edited by Integrity