MU best stat/worst stats?

Title Pretty much says it all.

The Base stats and Growths are the ones modified, with the main bonus being in the stat chosen, and small bonuses in other stats. For instance, Best stat=Luck brings +10% in luck, and +5% in Str and Def, and Worst stat=Res would bring -5% mag and Spd, and -10% in Res.

It's worth noting that a best stat doesn't result in any negative growths or base stats, so best HP would not give you a speed growth penalty, etc. Same goes for worst stats giving bonuses.

Bases are changed slightly, with around +4/-3for best stats, and +2/-1 for smaller bonuses. I doubt that difficulty changes any of this, can someone confirm that?

So what stats will you choose? I think I am going with Best stat: Luck, and Worst stat: HP.

Edited by Melonhead215

I've been going with Spd for best on Lunatic, and I plan to continue that for all future Lunatic/Lunatic+ runs. Otherwise, I've been picking something random like Mag to try it. Worst is usually Luck because it's worthless or Str because I always focus on tomes, from what I remember.

Interestingly enough, my MUs always seem to end up as Dark Knights, Dark Pegasi, or Demon Fighters, as similar hybrid classes - again because I always focus on tomes. I'm still thinking about my planned Lunatic+ run - I plan to use a female MU there again, and she should manage to reach LV15 Dark Pegasus in reasonable enough time, as my Lunatic MU did as a Dark Knight after mastering Grandmaster. However, the arrow weakness could be crippling in the meantime, if I can't have the rest of my team take up the slack. That's an issue because on Lunatic, I've needed to use MU so much and to take so many attacks; being a Dark Knight for the Def also helped.

Edited by Othin

Iote's Shield? Or do you not want to waste a skill?

It'd be worth the slot, I'm sure, but RvB3 is a four-star map. I'm preparing for Ch21 and I just made it through RvB1, but there's still no way I'd survive RvB2 at this stage. I should note that on this run, MU just reached Tier 4 as a Demon Fighter, while if I went Dark Pegasus on my next run, it would be the Tier 3 and therefore already be over by this point already.

I'm sure I'll do RvB3 before the end of both my Lunatic and Lunatic+ runs, but it'll be too late to help with this. The key timespan here is Ch16-20, and there are a lot of bows in those maps - and magic, for that matter. If I can prepare the rest of my team enough to make it through those with a Dark Pegasus MU, the rest of the game will be much easier due to having Lightning Speed, but it's a gamble.

No, you can't. That's the entire time she'd be leveling up as a Dark Pegasus, anyway: I'd have to ignore Dark Pegasus and go directly to Dark Knight at that point, and ignore it for that whole time, likely never learning Lightning Speed.

Making her a Dark Knight is one of the possibilities I was considering, but it's the one that isn't compatible with making her a Dark Pegasus and learning Lightning Speed.

Edited by Othin

And it's -3 for the worst stat.

Taking that for Main worst stat bases.

I'm planning on being a Dark knight, but tactican until grandmaster, and picking up those skills, then moving over.

Best stat as luck, as I get a small bonus to magic and strength, although that probably looks better on paper than it does in game. I might go best stat Skill and worst Res, too.

Highly unfortunate. Too bad postgame Spotpass doesn't count in your run.

I plan to use some for postgame stuff; I just haven't reached that point yet.

+Mag, -HP for playthrough one (Normal) and then +Skl and -Def for playthrough two (Hard).

Hah, my NM stats were the same as yours.

Dark Mage -> Sorcerer MU (at least for my first PT)

Best: Speed

Worst: Defence (It was going to be Strength, but as I plan on ending up as a Dark Knight...)

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I think my Male MU is going to end up as a Demon Fighter or Sorcerer, so:

Best: Skill

Worst: Defense

My female MU will likely end up a Sorcerer so:

Best: Luck

Worst: HP