FE4 Best Pairings Poll 2

luigi bros

Who would you pair with...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Tiltyu

2. 2. Brigid

As stated in my previous thread I am trying to determine the best five pairings for each mother in the game.

I am enabling you to pick as many options as possible, but please only pick 5. Otherwise it's just counter productive.

After 24 hours (5:00 PM EST tomorrow) I will begin writing my guide.

There is another topic like this with the other options.

If possible, post what you picked.

Tiltyu: Levin, Azel, Claude, Lex, Fin

Brigid: Holyn, Dew, Alec, Noishe, Beowulf.

In hindsight, I should've voted Lex for Brigid instead of Beowulf.

Edit: Replaced my vote for Beowulf with Lex.

Edited by Pitbuller26

Tiltyu: Levin, Azel, Claude, Lex, Fin

Brigid: Holyn, Dew, Alec, Noishe, Beowulf.

In hindsight, I should've voted Lex for Brigid instead of Beowulf.

I think the forum allows votes to be deleted.

These are in no particular order.

Mage Chick: Ardan, Azel, Lex, Fin, Levin

Bow Chick: Lex, Midir, Dew, Jamka, Holyn

These may look weird, but that's how I go.

Tiltyu: Levin, Azel, Claude, Lex, Beowolf

Levin!Arthur is one of the most broken things in the game. Next. Levin!Tinny has good stats but no pursuit and... yeah... then again, Arthur does everything she wants to do but better. Unless you're doing ranked in which case Tinny without pursuit *hurts*. Only reason Claude!Tinny is not worthless is lolstaffbot. Azel gives Tinny the most usability just because she gets Pursuit with Wrath and good mage stats. Azel!Arthur is still pretty useful, but fire magic specialization hurts because (except falaflame) fire magic is fail. And makes you worthless against Ishtar. Lex for gimmick Ambush + Wrath, and also Elite is broken as tar. Beowulf gives pursuit and change, and is actually reasonable in terms of time unlike Finn/Tiltyu pairing.

Brigid: Holyn, Dew, Midale, Lex, Beowolf

Holyn and Dew are probably the best because they help make Patty somewhat useful in combat, and give Faval really good stats... not that he needs anything but Strength and Skill with the Ichival. He has auto pursuit so it doesn't matter that much. Midale gives Patty pursuit so she can actually damage things, same thing with Beowolf who also gives Faval charge. Lex gives elite which is... elite. Moving on. Dew does give Bargain which is nice for Patty and *very* nice for Faval who uses the expensive bows.

Titlyu

Levin: Holsety on a horse and gives every skill that helps Tinny kill things except Pursuit.

Azel: Easily done since they're hardly ever fighting outside the Arena. Solid kids that wreck things.

Lex: Garbage growths but omgambushwrath

Brigid

Beowulf: Passes down swords for Patty plus Duel for both kids, so Patty has a chance of promoting.

Holyn: Not as useful for Faval, but gives Patty Moonlight Hit and access to Hero Sword.

Dew: Ichival and rings for cheap.

Holyn is actually about as helpful for Faval as it is possible to be. Faval has a 40 mt weapon that gets effectiveness for a good chunk of his lifespan. He doesn't need STR, and he's a Sniper, so he doesn't care much about defensive stats. Ichival also happens to give him +10 SPD, so he rarely has doubling problems and doesn't care much about SPD. But Holyn gives something like +3 SKL and 40% more growth than the next guy. Out of Faval's problems of no mount, 2-range lock, occasionally shaky hit, and late jointime, he covers the only one that anyone can.

Levin x Tiltyu is definitely better than Azel x Tiltyu. Tinny is worse, but Arthur is so much better that it doesn't matter. It would also be possible to make a case for Lex/Ardan x Tiltyu over Azel x Tiltyu, because Pursuit doesn't help their problem of being squishy and therefore unable to take on multiple enemies. Ambush does, although they'll need Magic Rings and Tron to keep OHKOing. Obviously Lex over Ardan for Elite.

In fact, Lex should be in the top 5 for every mom just because of Elite.

I've calculated the results.

I will write about:

Tiltyu - Azel, Levin, Lex, Nobody, Claude

Brigid - Holyn, Dew, Lex, Midir, Jamka

I had no idea that Amid and Linda were so popular.

Edited by luigi bros

Well, they are specialty mages so they can use their A rank tome right away, and Linda has Elite/Paragon I believe. I think they also have minor Tordo still.

Just letting people know that do to personal reasons I will likely not be getting to writing this till the weekend. I am still planning on doing this though.

And about Amid and Linda; I guess with Elite and Tordo blood they are good, and I forgot that they are Wind/Thunder Mages and not just Mages.

Well, they are specialty mages so they can use their A rank tome right away, and Linda has Elite/Paragon I believe. I think they also have minor Tordo still.

Amid is locked to B rank Wind, he'll never be able to use Tornado.