Rate the Pokemon, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Edition

ZemZem

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddish is pretty poor if you catch it early, relying on status spores and having Bullet Seed as its unreliable strongest attack. Nobody says you have to catch it that early, as it is barely helpful against Wattson, and comes after Roxanne anyway. Catch it around the time you get the Giga Drain TM. As Vileplume, it enjoys the privilege of STAB Sludge Bomb, its strongest attack with sufficient PP. Evolve it into a Bellossom, and you have the privilege of getting a move tutored Magical Leaf, but you lose the STAB on Sludge Bomb. Sunny Day + Solarbeam enables the sweeping of the Wallace and/or Juan. Otherwise, not exactly great. Sludge Bomb should OHKO Cacturne but why you should be concerned about that in the first place is a good question. 6.5/10 for both

Tallying for ZM456 because I am the nicest person in the world.

Volbeat gets 5.17.

Illumise gets 4.5

The next Pokemon are:

Spr_3e_043.gif/ Spr_3e_044.gif/ Spr_3e_045.gif(Oddish / Gloom / Vileplume)

AND

Spr_3e_043.gif/ Spr_3e_044.gif / Spr_3e_182.gif (Oddish / Gloom / Bellossom)

I don't know if ZM456 wanted to have both at once or not, but meh doing it for him :C

No, it's alright. I'll try to go onto the next Pokemone tomorrow. Thanks. :):

Bellossom/Vileplume is pretty cool against Tate and Liza due to being able to take advantage of Sunny Day, letting you wreck more stuff. Bellossom's better there though due to a lack of Psychic weaknesses. Everything else can be found in the above post.

7 for Vileplume

8 (7+1) bias for Bellossom

This is my vote as well.

Sludge Bomb VS Cacturne... Uh.

Cacturne. We have problems with them?

Another question I'd like to pose is... who besides Sidney uses Cacturne?

Where did ZM go, actually? :C

School sucks, man. >_<

Next Pokemon tonight.

8/10 for both.

Bulk, Alright movepool, etc.

Bellosom is a bitch to get until later though

This. Tallying.

Edited by ZM456

Wanna know something funny? When I was about to put up the next Pokemon, my computer got slammed by a virus. And when I finally get on? The Internet crashes for about an hour. I'm sorry for the delay, but it's time to move on, folks.

Vileplume gets a 7.33 and Bellossom gets a 7.67.

Next Pokemon is Doduo/Dodrio.

Edited by ZM456

• 4 weeks later...

I could've sworn I rated Dodrio. Drill Peck is learnt a bit too late, maybe not on time for the E4; however, Aerial Ace and Fly are still there just in case. It can KO some of Sydney's grass-types (who are pretty terrible anyway tbqh) and it enjoys switching into Phoebe's ghosts without fearing a ghost-type move. It's not OHKOing any of them however, and lacks the means to set itself up to do so, and besides ghost-type moves everything else they have for you is quite nasty (Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and lots of status and annoyance moves).

The flying typing also stops being desirable after Brawley is defeated, and Dodrio comes available way later than that. No tough grass/bug/fighting opponents after that. I give Dodrio 5.5 out of 10.

Unlike in Kanto, Dodrio comes at a point of the game where it isn't necessary. Flying hits nothing important except for: Sidney's Cacturne and Wallace's Ludicolo.

It's good when it's around due to hitting rather hard, but you really won't miss it.

3.5/10

I could've sworn I rated Dodrio. Drill Peck is learnt a bit too late, maybe not on time for the E4; however, Aerial Ace and Fly are still there just in case. It can KO some of Sydney's grass-types (who are pretty terrible anyway tbqh) and it enjoys switching into Phoebe's ghosts without fearing a ghost-type move. It's not OHKOing any of them however, and lacks the means to set itself up to do so, and besides ghost-type moves everything else they have for you is quite nasty (Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and lots of status and annoyance moves).

The flying typing also stops being desirable after Brawley is defeated, and Dodrio comes available way later than that. No tough grass/bug/fighting opponents after that. I give Dodrio 5.5 out of 10.

This. Tallying.

'nother Grass type who came to play.

Unfortunately, it's right around the time when Hoenn hates Grass-types. Between the Electric and Fire gyms, it doesn't do much damage. And between Norman, Flannery, Winona and even the Psychic Twins, Roselia takes a lot of damage. It's also kinda slow.

Not to mention it has a rather tiny movepool of nothing usable outside of Grass-type attacks, and some poison moves. Oh, and Shadow Ball, which is pretty lame off of that attack.

It wants Roserade to exist.

3/10 - It's not too bad for Wallace/Juan, but it's performance against the rest of the endgame crowd is... not good.

Comes pretty early and never really has a shortage of grass-type STAB moves, from Giga Drain to Petal Dance. Can stun, sleep and leechseed if you can't beat the enemies by force. Growth provides setup options. However, it's slow and doesn't take physical hits very well. This is a bad thing because when it's facing Wallace/Juan/Glacia, the lack of base speed means it's taking ice-type moves before it can attack (you do have Giga Drain though, but it may not be enough). STAB Sludge Bomb is an okay thing to play around with.

5/10

Edited by Espinosa