Any tips for Highschool?

Gold Vanguard

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up and waste time to make me feel adequate.

Did LOTS of that in Women's Studies. . .and got into one of the classes thanks to a stray AP credit.

It's probably because I, since my first day of high school, live in a completely shut-out suburban crap-town.

I totally confused you with the OP...hahaha.

Well, at any rate, nice looking schedule you got there. "Advanced functions and modeling," huh? I'm guessing that's Algebra II? How are the honors courses at your school? My school's honor courses were no different from regular classes...

I want to learn German and Arabic, but I have no time. :(

Algebra 2 was last year. At our school it's Agebra 1, but I took that in Middle School since that was an option. Then Geometry, then Algebra 2.

From there it gets a bit confusing depending on what you want and if you're in Honors. But I know we have stuff like AP Stat, Trig, and a few other things I think. You just need 4 math credits and AFM (Advanced Functions and Modeling) is like the basic one.

Honors classes are pretty much the same material at a faster pace from what I've heard. I don't really have a comparison. The teachers basically say "You are mature enough to handle more work at a faster pace by being Honors." So yeah, more busy work. Sometimes we will have stuff like additional projects or something, but those aren't usually too extreme.

Not quite sure what I'm gonna do with all these languages yet though. Teacher is an option, and I suppose Translator or Interpreter is too. I've been interested in News lately, but hell, I'd be willing to just drop out and move to Europe and be a waiter forever.

Did LOTS of that in Women's Studies. . .and got into one of the classes thanks to a stray AP credit.

I had honestly thought Women's Studies was made up by right-wingers as a scapegoat to mock the 99% guys.

This is surprisingly intriguing and intriguingly surprising.

Whoever said that I wanted to be a millionare? I know that I won't be one, that's the fate of any meteorologist that isn't on the Today Show. And furthermore, I'm not one of those individuals. The whole "prestige" thing is stupid anyway, you go where you get an education. That's it. I went to a standard school and I got a damn good education there, at a school with only 5 professors in my field and a graduating class of 14 people. I'm not going to any prestigious school, I'm going to the place I can afford. I'm going to a school that has one of the major researchers of tropical cyclones--that and lower costs are why i'm going to UNC Charlotte for my graduate program. I'm not at all expecting to make my dad's wage (psychiatrist) but I'm going to be doing something I enjoy. THAT is enough for me.

Aside from that, you're on a Fire Emblem forum where there are debates and statistical analyses on these games. Near type-A personalities are kind of expected.

If you find something you really enjoy, you will do your damndest to succeed at it. That's just human nature. People who actively pursue what they enjoy should be happy no matter what the salary...

I had honestly thought Women's Studies was made up by right-wingers as a scapegoat to mock the 99% guys.

This is surprisingly intriguing and intriguingly surprising.

Women's Studies does some things right (domestic abuse awareness) and not-so-right (I had a professor attempt to justify pedophilia). It's a class where you'll have to analyze a completely drastic view point and throw out the stuff that's too extreme/makes no sense (assuming some poor girl's gonna get knocked up at 16 and pregnant, as an example used in one of our books). They also support the LBGT movement, and I have no objections to that. :):

It's one way to use AP credit, albeit not an obvious way. Some courses will have strange course pre-reqs; thus, the research on "what do I want to do after college?"

Edited by eclipse

Listen to good music. No metal or bullshit.

WHO IS THIS, WHO DARES INSULT MY SAVIOR

HARD AND HEAVY AS THE FIRE BEAST'S METALLIC FLESH, WITH THE POWER OF HIS FIRE, THE SPEED OF HIS FLIGHT, AS MIGHTY AS THE ROAR OF HIS

DEATH CRY

I don't know what metal you're talkin but them's fightin words, man

Edited by Rehab

I agree man

metal is a pretty broad genre and yet so many people stereotype it into one thing :<

It makes me sad.

Anyway listen to whatever music you want, really.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

I agree man

metal is a pretty broad genre and yet so many people stereotype it into one thing :<

It makes me sad.

Anyway listen to whatever music you want, really.

I listened to classical music, and spent all my spare time in the library! Also, no one really cared, as long as you don't blast the shit out of your music, no matter what genre, no one really cares about your music, at least I found.

WHO IS THIS, WHO DARES INSULT MY SAVIOR

HARD AND HEAVY AS THE FIRE BEAST'S METALLIC FLESH, WITH THE POWER OF HIS FIRE, THE SPEED OF HIS FLIGHT, AS MIGHTY AS THE ROAR OF HIS

DEATH CRY

I don't know what metal you're talkin but them's fightin words, man

Metal...BAD music? lol

Shroom, you trollin' bro?

Edited by Phoenix Wright