Overheat?

CrashGordon94

Right, I'm playing Ruby and I have a Level 35 Combusken with Double Kick, Cut, Quick Attack and Ember.

I still have the Overheat TM from Flannery lying around, I'm considering using it.

The only thing is that I considered replacing Ember with it but while I don't care much about the SP ATK cut (honestly, it sounds like it'd still be a hella potent move after that), only having 5 PP sounds like it'd be really bad. I also considered replacing Quick Attack, but that can be handy to avoid counter attacks from nearly-KO'd Pokeymans.

Any advice...?

If you want a better fire type move than Ember, just wait one more level to evolve it. Blaziken learns Blaze Kick right away once it has evolved, like how Combusken got Double Kick right away.

Edited by Konnor97

Overheat can be used 2 times in a row before it looses alot of power.

Firse time it's like Fire BLast, second time, it's like FLamethrower.

Blaze Kick is better IMO, it's free and has more PP.

Your Combusken is evolving next level and learning Blaze Kick anyway, so I say leave the Overheat TM alone. It probably would have been of some use if you had immediately started using it.

The real question is how come your Combusken doesn't know Bulk Up yet.

No. And overheat runs of special attack anyway so Gyarados would be a poor choice

Out of the guys harpoon listed only Exploud can learn it anyay.

Ah, okay.

Your Combusken is evolving next level and learning Blaze Kick anyway, so I say leave the Overheat TM alone. It probably would have been of some use if you had immediately started using it.

The real question is how come your Combusken doesn't know Bulk Up yet.

I knew I should've posted this sooner...

Because I denied it.

It's not an entirely 'wrong' choice (few choices you can make in-game actually can be called that), but you'll have to adjust your playing accordingly since it has 5 less PP and will grow weak after 2 uses. It does also have benefits, like when you need that extra power to take out a particularly nasty threat.

I have to say I'd still buy a Flamethrower TM instead of both though (more accurate and powerful, 15 PP).

Hmmm, Flamethrower looks better, but I'll use Blaze Kick until I can get that.

Gyrados's sp attack is pretty shitty, so Overheat might be a decent option anyways.

But Raven just said it couldn't learn it... *looks it up on Bulbapedia*

Bulbapedia says it can't.

Edited by CrashGordon94

Hmmm, Flamethrower looks better, but I'll use Blaze Kick until I can get that.

But Raven just said it couldn't learn it... *looks it up on Bulbapedia*

Bulbapedia says it can't.

You mean General Horace, right? I haven't posted in this topic yet.

But yeah, a good moveset for Gyarados would be Earthquake, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail/Waterfall, and Dragon Dance. If you've got one, that is.

You mean General Horace, right? I haven't posted in this topic yet.

But yeah, a good moveset for Gyarados would be Earthquake, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail/Waterfall, and Dragon Dance. If you've got one, that is.

I think this is gen3 raven, ice fang and aquatail don't exist

and waterfall is special as well