NEWS on sony smash brothers (ripoff)

Cammy white

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trailer came out a couple days ago if anyone's interested.

Looks like the main villain of the game is Sony's very first mascot that they abandoned after 1 month of advertisements and never spoke of again. He wants revenge I guess, lol.

The trailer's kinda neat I guess, but why the hell is the animation so slow and awkward? It's like they took the models and clumsily tried to make it look like they were fighting. The expressions of almost all the characters are blank, and they move like they're underwater or something.

The trailer's kinda neat I guess, but why the hell is the animation so slow and awkward? It's like they took the models and clumsily tried to make it look like they were fighting. The expressions of almost all the characters are blank, and they move like they're underwater or something.

It looks to me like they're in the PlayStation XMB, which is wavy and underwater-looking. I don't think the characters look blank, they managed to give Dan personality and he doesn't even have a jaw, lol.

Edited by Tangerine

I have to say, that video is really awesome. I especially like the music and how it synchs with the events that happen in the fight scenes.

So it's only one more day until it gets released. The characters I'm wanting to play as the most so far are Dante and Sly Cooper.

Speaking of characters, Playstation Blog has confirmed that Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from Starhawk as downloadable playable characters. They'll be free for the first two weeks they're made available, after which you'll have to pay for them.

Kat:

8186494241_5ed1249324.jpg

Emmett Graves:

8187534744_b26ea8e0a8.jpg

Also, if you aren't familiar with them, they're both first party characters to Sony so even though they aren't Crash and Spyro, I'd still say their inclusion (especially Kat, who was one of the top 10 most requested characters) is sensible and fair.

I honestly didn't care until they announced that they were using Crappy!Emo!FocusGrouped!Rehashed!Pathetic!Slimy!Flavorless!Hack!New!Dante instead of...y'know...the well-established charcter that everyone who's heard of DMC automatically thinks of.

But no, go for the person who's GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Roy made sense because FE was a well-established series in Japan, but DMC is mostly known for Dante being a freaking badass smooth-talking...jerk, really. And they go for this idiot.

I might buy the stupid game to spend hours beating the crud out of him, but I digress.

The game looks...fine. It's just...so annoyingly...fine. I can't find anything of note in either direction to say about it. It's just...fine.

So for the people who have the game, how are you enjoying it?

The game is quite fun, and the super system gives off a really different feel compared to other fighting games (especially since respawning doesn't mean you're at full health because of the batte system, so you're still always just as vulnerable no matter how much or how little you get hit). The story mode rivalries kind of make me chuckle (in a good way). I am a little disappointed at the lack of major unlockable content (no unlockable characters or levels).

I honestly didn't care until they announced that they were using Crappy!Emo!FocusGrouped!Rehashed!Pathetic!Slimy!Flavorless!Hack!New!Dante instead of...y'know...the well-established charcter that everyone who's heard of DMC automatically thinks of.

But no, go for the person who's GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Roy made sense because FE was a well-established series in Japan, but DMC is mostly known for Dante being a freaking badass smooth-talking...jerk, really. And they go for this idiot.

DMC 1, (somewhat) 2, and 3 Dante are all radically different. In fact DMC 3 did mostly what the new one is doing in terms of character archetype.

Until I see the new guy saying something like THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZY or make a wisecrack that's more irreverent than FUCK YOU or NICE NAILS LET ME CUT THEM I'm going to have to agree to disagree sir

I ain't rebuttin nuttin

Myself, I don't have a problem with All-Stars using the new Dante, makes enough sense to me and I don't detest the game's looks. I just think the new guy's type seems, well, less fun than the old, as far as I've seen. I'm less attached to the character than many, but I think the crowd has a point when it/fans say they'd rather be getting the old.

If it makes any more sense, the new Dante comes off to me as specifically western/U.S. teen wish fulfillment or a targeted appeal to me, while old Dante comes off as a goof definitely, but a bit more developed as a character.

They made me smile sometimes :{ And I haven't heard any of the new guy's that weren't just plain worse and mean-spirited to top it off.

"But you can call me Dante the demonkiller, has a nice ring to it don't you think?"

"[i'm] Your prime date, you ugly sack'a shit!"

"[in response to the demon claiming to be 1200 years old: "You don't look a day over twelve thousand." (this one's actually approaching a sick burn)

One exchange goes, word for word,

"demon: Fuck you!

Dante: [sic] Fuck you!

demon: FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUEHAAHHHHHHHHHH (barfs acid in Dante's direction)

And in the second part of the fight, "Nice nails, let me cut them for you!"

I can't presume to speak for the whole game, yeah, but, uh, forecast not looking great there.

Basically, Dante the original could at least take the piss out of himself, and his default state might have been annoying for a lot of people, but being angry and contradictory certainly wasn't his whole character. The new seems kind of less like joking and more like trash-talking, and far as I can tell it's played painfully straight for dialogue I can't really call biting. Old Dante obviously wasn't likeable to everybody, or we wouldn't be having this conversation, but I think calling the two versions functionally identical or equal doesn't hold up under examination, and kind of passes over what others like the original for.

Kinda getting extra offtrack here, but here's

if going farther than I would at times. Edited by Rehab

Yeah, I probably took it overly far off into offtopic territory, sorry about that. Far as seeing new Dante in the game functionally, I'm not so sure how he'll be much if any worse.