Has anyone else ever noticed these similarities bewteen FE4 and FE7?

Titamon

I noticed at least four, which are between Hector and Lex, Lyndis and Ayra, Alec and Sain, and Noce and Kent. That's about it really.

Rath doesn't seem anything like Midir personality-wise though.

Only half of those I'd actually call "similarities" past fitting into the character and/or class archetype. Those half being Hector, Ninian...and maybe Lowen and Kent.

Edited by Madam Red

Lyn and Aira? Not seeing it. Try Karla and Aira instead, and while you're at it, compare Karel to adult Shannan. Priscilla is also noticeably similar to Nanna, although there are some really minor differences like hair. IS reused a lot of their old character designs in the Elibe games.

Also... some of the similarities you have there are really stretching it. Arden and Lowen? I'm not seeing it. Same goes for Rath and Midir.

Edited by Charlie

I really don't think a head of messy green hair is nearly enough to reasonably conclude Lowen was based on Arden. Otherwise you'd have to say that Kyle (and arguably even some characters who existed before Arden) from Sacred Stones was also based on Arden. It doesn't help that Lowen's hair is actually a shade of teal that my eyes perceive as being much closer to blue than green.

Take a really close look at this picture. You could easily turn Alec and Noish into Sain and Kent respectively if they were redrawn with a few fairly minor tweaks. You really can't say the same thing about Arden. His facial structure, hairstyle, body build, and general color scheme aren't even remotely comparable to Lowen's. You'd have to completely redo his facial structure, lengthen his hair, reduce his bulk, and give him an entirely new suit of armor before he'll even come close to looking like Lowen. This is completely unlike Alec and Noish, who really only need to have their hair color changed (and in the case of Alec, you'd have to remove the dumb tablecloth from his head) for them to become reasonable facsimiles of Sain and Kent.

Edited by Charlie

Holy crap, they really do look almost identical in that pic. It doesn't help that they're the exact same in personalities. Red cav who's very serious and a green cav who's a jokester and a flirt.

I can see Julia Ninian a bit, too. They have a similar facial expression, somewhere between depressed and stoned, and similar hair. Julia's is just more poofy in the bangs, like most FE characters.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Aside from Hector-Lex, Sain-Alec, Kent-Noish, and Ninian-Julia (if I squint really hard) ... I don't see it for the others.

Also, both of them involve dragons in some way, there's a villain who uses Dark magic and they both have "Fire" in the title!

Also, both of them involve dragons in some way, there's a villain who uses Dark magic and they both have "Fire" in the title!

Also they both have "emblem" in the title, and both involve corrupted villians, Nergal and Alvis.

Also, both had the thunder and fire spells and iron, steel, and silver weapons!

aufVc.png

I'm seriously in shock

Lex-Hector is valid, archetype is...Ok?And Karla looks more like Ayra(except stats) and Karel looks more like Shanan90% of the Navarre archetypes looks like Shiryu, the rest, not so much...

If you want to be shocked, I will show you this game that has a lot in common with FE:

[spoiler=Jill Look alike]

GAME: GRAND CHASE, CHARACTER: ELESIS

elesis11.png

[spoiler=Serra look alike]

GAME: GRAND CHASE, CHARACTER: AMY -> they have similar personality to boot

amy.gif

[spoiler=Celice look alike]

GAME; GRAND CHASE, CHARACTER: RONAN -> now this is interesting, he has Celice's looks, a bit of similar background with Yuria and he also has the sword Tyrfing, I'm suriprised that Nitendo didn't sue.

GC_Ronan_Profile.png

• 4 weeks later...