Looking for a Good Game to Play

luigi bros

RPGs mainly. That and platformers like Mario.

Are the Dragon Quest series good? I've very briefly played the first one, and it didn't stand out.

If you like turn based strategy games, I recommend Luminous Arc (1 and 2). If you have a PSP, I recommend you play Yggdra Union, as it gave me a FE feeling when I played it for the first time (nice story, music, based around war).

Dragon Quest is a very simple RPG (grind, smash the attack button etc.). Most of them are remakes from the old ones, so they'll feel nostalgic to old JRPG gamers. If you like that kind of RPG, you may also try playing Earthbound/Mother 3 because its gameplay is simple but the story is awesome.

I've pretty much played the entire series of the games of mentioned.

I've played a Megaman game, but it didn't really stand out (the original one).

I'll look into Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, and Radiant Historia.

Well, some people end up not liking the Megaman X series but they love the classic Megaman for it's simplicity/difficulty. I'm one of those who likes the Megaman X/Zero/ZX series more. Megaman X is much more developped than the classic series but they still use the same basic things (beat boss, get their weapon), Megaman Zero is considered for its difficulty being one of the hardest of the franchise.

There's also the Battle Network and Starforce series, which I dislike. They're pretty RPG-like, but I hate the battle chips system.

I'd recommend Ys: The Oath in Felghana, if you're gaming on the PC. It's a RPG with some platforming elements (suited to your tastes, so far) and a heavy focus on fast-paced action. It's also on sale at a very cheap price at the moment...

Ys is a great hack-and-slash. I also recommend it.

If we're recommending Ys, Lagoon on the SNES is pretty awesome if it clicks with you. It's a port of an original, better version though :E

(there was also an awesome game like it on the NES, but I forget the name--check out romhacking dot net's translation pages and you'll find it eventually!~)

If we're recommending Ys, Lagoon on the SNES is pretty awesome if it clicks with you. It's a port of an original, better version though :E

(there was also an awesome game like it on the NES, but I forget the name--check out romhacking dot net's translation pages and you'll find it eventually!~)

Well, I'd like to play Lagoon but I'm growing very intolerant to games with bad storyline/script. Hence why I dislike Legend of Mana. >:

I'm also looking for more games, because I really miss games like Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright and 999.

I'm also looking for more games, because I really miss games like Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright and 999.

Just Breed on the NES, Bahamut Lagoon on the SNES, SRW, FF Tacics/Ogre Tactics, Shining Force--there's some Fire Emblem-esque games for ya. Aside from the Nintendo Wars series, of course.

You must really hate video games, then.

No, I just dislike RPGs in which you are an adventurer and you must save the princess from the evil overlord or some other silly stuff like that. Wait, that game is called Zelda, isn't it? ... Well, I like Zelda. The gameplay is great and the script is good enough for its plot development.

Unless it isn't an RPG, like Castlevania and Street Fighter. Then it's fine.

Summon Night-RPG and kinda easy.

I would mostly recommend SK: Swordcraft Story of the ones that are in english.

The only thing up until now that I found slightly gory were the bloodied werewolf heads on stakes. And that one decapitation. For everything else, the blood looks fake, wounds are red paint applied to the body, you can't chop limbs off, fire doesn't leave scary burn wounds, the finishing moves aren't really as brutal as they're made out to be(they're actually kind of stupid. shoving a not-so-sharp sword straight through a skull? You can do better than that, Bethesda)

And then it made me wonder why the towns never have heads on sticks near their gates, like was usual in medieval times.

So again, I don't really get how skyrim is gory.

Amazing post.

But uh, I will say that generally, even if gore looks fake and stupid, it's considered gore as far as video games go.

Are the Dragon Quest series good? I've very briefly played the first one, and it didn't stand out.

You have no idea how much this amuses me.

You didn't say what platforms you have available. Since it's obvious you have Nintendo systems I'll recommend Kirby. Return to Dreamland for Wii and Kirby Superstar for handhelds or SNES.

The games I've enjoyed over there years that I think may fit your criteria (aside from the ones you yourself listed):

Snes

Lufia II

Seiken Densetsu 3

Chrono Trigger

Tales of Phantasia

Gamecube

Tales of Symphonia

Xbox

Kotor I & II

Morrowind

Fable (The best of the trilogy in my opinion)

PS2

Tales of Legendia

Tales of the Abyss

Castlevania SotN (PS1, but yeah)

Chaos Legion

Dynasty Warriors 4

Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3

Oblivion (If not just for the Dark Brotherhood)

Skyrim

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Tales of Vesperia