Starting out Tearring Saga for the first time

Constable Reggie

They also refuse to attack you if they can't damage one of the units (Rishel with his Sunflame equipped, for example.)

Yeah, that's what makes the Defence stat one you don't want to have too many level-ups in, paradoxically. Makes armour knights even more useless in this game, too (though the General who joins you isn't half bad).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also noticed since the first run that I've forgot to mention that by using star weapons, your experience gains gets cut by half.

Edited by 曼

I've also noticed since the first run that I've forgot to mention that by using star weapons, your experience gains gets cut by half.

Seriously? I would have never known that.

edit: how the hell are you supposed to reach the blocked off chests on map 16?

edit2: Ohhh I see what they did there.

Edited by Davinatorman

Anyone have a way to get through chapter 19? The boss crashes the game(Specifically, its his quote that does it). Looks like the villans have won >:C

I just switched it to the japanese game to get through that part. Hope switching to and back doesn't cause any more issues.

I really liked the game so far. I'm pretty sure I did that one fortress chapter wrong, I was stalling untill they ran out of summon, and the boss blew up the fort ._.

Edited by L95

Ahaha, the weird scenarios still continue on. Since when is a map with only 2 recruitable enemies considered a chapter?

Lyria can also be recruited in that map. Just visit the church building with Attrom.

I beat that boss (somehow). He blows up the fortress no matter what you do.

Map 18? That map can be annoying. Lots of summoned monsters, Long-range attacks. oh yeah, I OHKO'd Barbaross using Estelle :D

Edited by Ryunan

Jesus Christ, a dragon just came out of nowhere on map 17 and wrecked my shit. :(

And I'm shocked that this game gets ignored/unknown by many.

Even though it's as good as FE's 1-5, and 10 and infinitely better than all of the GBA titles and FE9. Can't wait to see TRS2 get a translation. =)

Edited by 曼

Map 18? That map can be annoying. Lots of summoned monsters, Long-range attacks. oh yeah, I OHKO'd Barbaross using Estelle :D

And for a moment I thought that he was a boss that isn't meant to be killed by you. And yes Estelle is awesome. She sucks for awhile, but upon a level 20 promotion along with a Salia bible, she's a game breaking character. Gets well balanced stats upon class change bible, or not. And I usually give her the Chapter 8 Agi+ Potion. =) Don't need it, but it makes her even better.

Edited by 曼

Narron is the man. His promotion is along the same lines as Asvel from Thracia, meaning broken as hell. He wasn't turning out particularly spectacular actually, but...HOLY SHIT DID HIS STATS ALMOST DOUBLE JUST NOW?!

Narron is the man. His promotion is along the same lines as Asvel from Thracia, meaning broken as hell. He wasn't turning out particularly spectacular actually, but...HOLY SHIT DID HIS STATS ALMOST DOUBLE JUST NOW?!

I hope that you've promoted him at 10, or 11.

He won't learn the dead slash skill if he isn't promoted before LV12. Otherwise you can teach him the skill at Map 30 in one of the skill tutor houses. With his Elite skill, he will need a Super Proof to be able to reach 40.

Edited by 曼

I hope that you've promoted him at 10, or 11.

He won't learn the dead slash skill if he isn't promoted before LV12. Otherwise you can teach him the skill at Map 30 in one of the skill tutor houses. With his Elite skill, he will need a Super Proof to be able to reach 40.

Oh dear. I promoted him at 15.

It's okay he roflstomps everything anyway Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

A question, does using Zeek and getting him experience affect his level/stats when you fight him later on?

For the first time. Yes.

Oh dear. I promoted him at 15.

It's okay he roflstomps everything anyway Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I've actually made that same mistake in my first run too. I've actually started the entire game over for this as I've promoted him by Chapter 9 at 20.

But I've found out after the run that you can also teach him the skill in Map 30 in one of the tutor houses. You can still get him to learn this skill at Map 30 then. Be sure to put Narron in Holmes' group during the second route split. Right after Bridge Of Seal in Holmes' route. (After Map 23)

EDIT: Maraju should promote at 19, so he can learn a new skill that only he can learn before he hits LV20 in his promoted class. Everyone else should promote at 20 if possible. Here is a character FAQ to show who is good and when they should promote. =)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/476124-tearring-saga/faqs/33435

-----

EDIT:

I've also found out the exact odds of obtaining a special spoil from this list by looking it up on pegasusknight.com

http://www.pegasusknight.com/mb/ts1/dt_randitem.html

The odds of obtaining the spoil is....

-----[ SPECIAL SPOILS ]-----

They will drop from some respective units after you've killed them.

HOWEVER, THE CHANCE IS RANDOM N' VERY LOW!

- Lunar Swd: from Dark Cavaliers.

- Dragon Spr: from Dark Infantries.

- Solar Swd: from Armored Skeletons.

- Iron Sld: from Skeletons.

- Stellar Swd: from Black Golems.

- Moonlight: from Yellow Golems.

- Dragon Ax: from Yellow Ogres.

- Repair Hammer: from Green Ogres.

- Dragon Bow: from Dragon Corpses.

- Death: from Witches.

- Herb: from Zombies n' Mummies.

- Fruit: from Eye Splitballs.

- Amulet: from Harpies.

- Gold Bag: from Gargoyles.

Defeat the enemy may be able to access the item with a probability of 1/200 after the battle.
Edited by 曼

The odds of obtaining the spoil is....

-----[ SPECIAL SPOILS ]-----

They will drop from some respective units after you've killed them.

HOWEVER, THE CHANCE IS RANDOM N' VERY LOW!

- Lunar Swd: from Dark Cavaliers.

- Dragon Spr: from Dark Infantries.

- Solar Swd: from Armored Skeletons.

- Iron Sld: from Skeletons.

- Stellar Swd: from Black Golems.

- Moonlight: from Yellow Golems.

- Dragon Ax: from Yellow Ogres.

- Repair Hammer: from Green Ogres.

- Dragon Bow: from Dragon Corpses.

- Death: from Witches.

- Herb: from Zombies n' Mummies.

- Fruit: from Eye Splitballs.

- Amulet: from Harpies.

- Gold Bag: from Gargoyles.

I once got the Luna Sword through Arena by battling a Dark Knight, I was trying to make lots of Gold. I also got 3 items at once using Meriah's Aura Rain at Map 37 or 38? in the map where Runan receives Seiken Reeve. Anyway, the 3 items I got were Dragon Arrow, Stellar Sword, and Moonlight. The only item I haven't got is Death and Solar Sword.

Ugh, according to some other people there's a game freeze on Map 19 that's only skippable if you play on a Japanese file. Since I'm playing this on Psp and there's no seperate save file for my game, I'm afraid I might be stuck. :(

Harpies doesn't have the amulet on its inventory. It has a random chance of dropping the item.

Exactly. I figured that.

Which is why it didn't revive it.

Ugh, according to some other people there's a game freeze on Map 19 that's only skippable if you play on a Japanese file. Since I'm playing this on Psp and there's no seperate save file for my game, I'm afraid I might be stuck. :(

I don't know about PSP emulatiors, but the hard save should work if you switch the game. Since this is a PS1 game, the emulator should have a separate thing for save cards. (At least mine does?) It may load the saves by filename, so make sure the patched and unpatched versions have the same name.

If you can use savestates, switch to japanese and load the savestate from the patched version, beat the boss, make a new savestate, switch back, load the patched version.

Edited by L95

I don't think I"m using an emulator, since the method I use for Ps1 games is permanently changing the ISO into an Eboot file, which the Psp recognizes instantly (probably since Ps1 games are buyable on psn). Again, I'm not too sure, I may be wrong.

I have some questions about this game too, but they aren't as deep as the TC's.

Mainly, I'm just curious to what I should know before playing this game, because I don't know anything about it and I don't want to screw myself off later.