Knights of Iris Material Collection out in December

Those sneaky dudes.

Like the ancient language in FE9/10, there's a translatable set of ancient glyphs in this game.

There are glyphs on the Falchion that read "sniamer llits erutuf eht tsol si esle lla nehw", which when reversed gives an English sentence.

The Pedestal of Flames also has glyphs (which I once tried to decipher, but to no avail), but I don't have a clear image of the cipher solution.

EDIT

[spoiler=Pedestal of Flames]WHITE FRAME ORB HOLY LIGHT

BLACK FRAME ORB DARK NIGHT

BLUE FRAME ORB STARRY HEAVENS

RED FRAME ORB LIFEBLOOD

GREEN FRAME ORB MOTHER EARTH

FRAME is probably "flame".

Ooh nice! I didn't realise there were writings on either! Nice to know what they say, though! :3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor guy indeed. He's definitely there; people probably just forgot to scan him : P

Do you think it'll sell out as fast as it did the first time? I want one, but how long did we even have to order it?

Maybe, it depends on how many copies they've got this time and how many people are still waiting to buy a copy.

We'll just have to pray to the RNG goddess or something ^^;;;

Maybe, it depends on how many copies they've got this time and how many people are still waiting to buy a copy.

We'll just have to pray to the RNG goddess or something ^^;;;

Alright, then. We'll just have to see. Thank you!

Ahh, it's so embarrassing that Vincent the Admin is answering something I wrote... I know he does that normally, but still!

Edited by Valorous_Roland

I've seen a bunch more samples here and there and I'm quite liking the concept artwork side of the book.

However, part of me was hoping for some more story or background information, which there is sadly a lack of. Although I did find something kind of interesting (thanks to shadowofchaos for confirming for me).

[spoiler=About Naga and Gimle]The book explicitly suggests that Gimle could be a descendant of the earth dragons from the great Archanean dragon era. The description is rather vague though...

Gimle's description

その起源は数万年前にアカネイアで高度な文明を築いていた地竜族の末裔であるとされている。

Its [Gimle's] origin is thought to be a descendant of the earth dragon clan, who built an advanced civiliation at Archanea tens of thousands of years ago.

Naga's description

地竜族の末裔とされるギムレーに対し、ナーガは神竜族の王であったナーガの魂ではないかという説もある。

There is also a theory that Naga is the spirit of the divine dragon king Naga, who fought against(?) the earth dragon descendant Gimle.

So it's unclear if Gimle is meant to be an earth dragon sealed within the Dragon's Altar or one that somehow survived the war with Naga, like Loputousu.

Additionally, and I'm not super-clear on Awakening's plot, but the part about Naga interests me as well. Apparently Naga is kind of dead during Awakening's time and possibly during the first Holy Ruler's battle with Gimle and only exists in spirit form.

This--and the fact they suggest Awakening's Naga is the divine dragon king of Archanea--fits in with the divine dragon king supposedly dying before Marth's time, but kind of throws a wrench in the Nagi=Naga theory (unless Nagi is a spirit that can fight or the other-world in Shadow Dragon is some kind of underworld...).

Edited by VincentASM

@Vincent: Yeah, I'm really liking the concept stuff, it's a shame there isn't more of it. All in all the book is very nice and a welcomed addition to my collection. Fascinating stuff on Naga / Gimle, makes for interesting reading!

A kindly anon on /feg/ was good enough to translated the 4-Koma, while another one then changed the text on the picture. I thought I'd post it here.

[spoiler=some dude called it fe13 spoilers]1355358864264.png

MOD EDIT: hiya

GET OUT OF MY POST OUT OUT OUT

Edited by Onestep

A kindly anon on /feg/ was good enough to translated the 4-Koma, while another one then changed the text on the picture. I thought I'd post it here.

It's humorous, although I still don't quite get it. (Well, I kind of. Not going too much into detail though since what I interpreted involves spoilers)

Anyways, you should really put a spoiler tag in that. That is a major spoiler, after all.

Edited by Quick

Anyways, you should really put a spoiler tag in that. That is a major spoiler, after all.

ok

Speaking of such, where's our Lauren art? C'mon, guyssssssssss

It's humorous, although I still don't quite get it. (Well, I kind of. Not going too much into detail though since what I interpreted involves major spoilers)

Spoilered as per your request. Or I would have, if the mods hadn't used their evil sorcery to do it for me.

[spoiler=haha the explanation is spoilers too man]Though really, everyone who doesn't know about the second-gens must have their head under a rock.

Basically, the joke is that Mark showed up before/just as Lucina and MU S supported and she's blatantly not their child, by virtue of the fact that she has a different engagement ring to Lucina's, has green hair and is, y'know, a dragon. Lucina's line in the last sentence is a reference to Chrom's line that he will change fate/the future. Except that in this case, Lucina intends to change the future by removing the hypotenuse from this particular love triangle by force.

Joke dissected.

MOD EDIT: really, man?

Edited by Integrity

Spoilered as per your request.

Though really, everyone who doesn't know about the second-gens must have their head under a rock.

Basically, the joke is that Mark showed up before/just as Lucina and MU S supported and she's blatantly not their child, by virtue of the fact that she has a different engagement ring to Lucina's, has green hair and is, y'know, a dragon. Lucina's line in the last sentence is a reference to Chrom's line that he will change fate/the future. Except that in this case, Lucina intends to change the future by removing the hypotenuse from this particular love triangle by force.

Joke dissected.

I talk a lot about the second gen units (or at least a little bit) on the forums, but you probably didn't know that so....

Anyways, I figured it was something like that. It just confused me though because of the awkward timeline shenanigans within the game. (Especially with Mark)

Now that I think about it, I probably did sound really idiotic/like a newbie on my previous post.

Edited by Quick

I talk a lot about the second gen units (or at least a little bit) on the forums, but you probably didn't know that so....

Anyways, I figured it was something like that. It just confused me though because of the awkward timeline shenanigans within the game. (Especially with Mark)

Now that I think about it, I probably did sound really idiotic/like a newbie on my previous post.

No, no. I know you knew. I've seen you post a few times. I'd just be surprised if there's anyone who doesn't know at this point. I mean, this is a thread about a materials collection. Those things are normally spoilery as all crap. It just seems that anyone who comes to this thread probably wouldn't be all that concerned about spoilers as minor as

'The game has a second-gen'

But I take your point anyway.

Or more honestly, I take the point of our Caligulan Overlord Mods.

Edited by Onestep

Wait, am I the only one who finds it kinda odd that Gimle is a descendent of the Earth Dragons? Maybe I am just stupid, but could it be possible that Gimle isn't 100% Earth Dragon, and just has Earth Dragon blood? Of course, I have no clue what that would imply.

Oh, also, this book just looks all kinds of rad in general. I am sad that we are probably never going to get it.

No, no. I know you knew. I've seen you post a few times. I'd just be surprised if there's anyone who doesn't know at this point. I mean, this is a thread about a materials collection. Those things are normally spoilery as all crap. It just seems that anyone who comes to this thread probably wouldn't be all that concerned about spoilers as minor as

'The game has a second-gen'

But I take your point anyway.

Or more honestly, I take the point of our Caligulan Overlord Mods.

[spoiler=yo]I took the spoiler to be Lucina, when I was ACTING! last night, rather than the spoiler being "there is a gen 2"