Am I the only one that didn't like The Dark Knight Rises?

Roosterofdoom

I thought the movie was really good, but easily the worst of the three. Batman Begins is actually my favorite.

Rooster has it spot on, imo, where the movie jumps around a bit too much. I liked that eight years had passed, and I liked that Batman would need to "come back". But I felt like having Batman come back and having a life somewhere and defeating the League of Shadows was a bit too much. But at least the movie didn't make the mistake most superhero movies make by introducing 3+ villains.

The prison was cool, and Batman's fight with Bane was fun but it, like a lot of things, was a bit contrived. Batman's going to underestimate his opponent again and trust Catwoman and go down into the sewers? Not cool, Bruce.

However the acting was great. Gary Oldman was the best, and Tom Hardy's Bane, while shafted by the script a bit, was a very powerful performance. The movie also succeeded in having a different atmosphere from the Dark Knight, which I liked. And I thought they did well having Selina Kyle's goggle-visor thing flip up to look like cat ears.

So yeah, a lot of really cool touches, and overall it's a good movie, but it didn't succeed in being a great movie, or even a great ending.

What I actually hated most about the movie was the twist that the way to climb out of a well is to climb without the aid of a rope, or whatever.

lol i figured that shit out the first time they showed the "example" inmate. a lot of the costume and the persona is about fear, but no one ever truly questions the fear within the vigilante's own heart; so just from knowing that fact i knew they'd incorporate that twist, as lame as it was

response to dondon

But Batman is all about the tools, accessories, and wits, not about superhuman anything. Unless you gave Blake an entire arsenal, he just can't kick butt like Batman does.

Batman is still supposed to be a capable fighter. And I didn't see much of either fighting or wits from Blake.

I still think my point stands. Even if there's no actual need for Blake to be shown to kick ass, that stuff should be shown. I'm not saying it's a plothole

He's not serving Ra's. Talia is in charge here.

Regardless, I think he would have been more effective with his own motivation, rather than only being motivated by serving Talia.

I don't recall them ever saying this. Talia had the same ambitions as her father; she only resented the fact that he excommunicated Bane from the League of Shadows.

I definitely remember Talia saying, almost verbatim "I hated my father and everything he stood for... until the day he died". And since my friend also made the same complaint, I don't think I hallucinated it.

Edited by Anouleth

lol i figured that shit out the first time they showed the "example" inmate. a lot of the costume and the persona is about fear, but no one ever truly questions the fear within the vigilante's own heart; so just from knowing that fact i knew they'd incorporate that twist, as lame as it was

Yea, I saw it coming, but I still groaned when it happened.

Edited by L1049

I enjoyed the film. In comparison to the other two films in the trilogy, I preferred it to the good-but-seriously-overrated Dark Knight, but felt it was still much inferior to Batman Begins, which is easily the best film in the trilogy (unless you like lots of action at the expense of story).

I felt the pacing slowed down too much around the middle, and he was at the prison for a bit too long trying to jump out and shizz.