Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 release is still very much the goal. I've essentially got a month of my life to finish this and a senior thesis, but if it goes into 2015 it won't be too far into the year. That's when it starts screwing with my timeline for Exalted Legacy. I'd peg my honest estimate around Christmas time.

tw7HO9n.png

Anyways have some moar magic.

EDIT: @Glenn: If you're inspired to do so, otherwise I'm fine with the Empty Book. Updating ye olde FE9 Thoron would probably take priority. And dat Silver Poleax.

Edited by Arch

So there are some new additions beside the matchmaker to keep an eye for? New animations swag mode, shopping-can't wait for more suprises in store. Winter is Coming. We'll be ready. Good luck on the thesis !

So there are some new additions beside the matchmaker to keep an eye for? New animations swag mode, shopping-can't wait for more suprises in store. Winter is Coming. We'll be ready. Good luck on the thesis !

This development stage kind of unintentionally became v7, lol.
  • Igrene's Bonus Tale
  • Character endings
  • Matchmaker
  • Armories & Shops
  • Plenty of new weapons/spells/items
  • Regalia Mode (formerly "Holy War Mode")
  • World map events
  • Is the list of additions so far.
Edited by Arch

Looking great! Just one more question: if Lyn is paired with either hector or eliwood via matchmaker what of her tale? Or will she(the paired one) become a separate character. Well this substitutions system is really getting my head spinning. Will choosing kent over rath in matchmaker have any impact on her tale? Can she still enter the tale unpaired? God it turned into a lot of questions. And Yodel is mentioned in natalie convo in eli tale. Not sure if it's arleady changed into Yoder.

Good luck! And thank for the updates - i still remember v.1 Good Times!

Edited by Scyllus

It could just be a reference to the Greek Goddess Artemis, who was Goddess of the Moon. :/ Mayhaps it's just a mythological reference and nothing more.

I mean... fenrir was a chained up wolf in a Norse myths. The spell doesn't really have anything to do with him.

Edited by MasterMcdanil

I mean... fenrir was a chained up wolf in a Norse myths. The spell doesn't really have anything to do with him.

In FE4, Dark Magic was associated with Loptyr, whose name is apparently supposed to be a reference to another name for Loki. All the Dark Spells in that game are apparently named after the children of Loki in Norse Mythology.

Err, I guess that doesn't really have much to do with what the name is supposed to reference still.

EDIT: What's Regalia Mode going to do/be about? From what I can figure, it's just going to give characters the cool weapons shown in the video?

Edited by Darkpaladin109

Question: is Artemis FE2's Arrow spell? Or is it supposed to be referencing something else?

There's a game called "FE2"?

It wasn't intentional, but I guess that'd be the closest in-series reference. Dunno what Arrow looks like, never played Gaiden, but Artemis was intended to be its own thing.

EDIT: What's Regalia Mode going to do/be about? From what I can figure, it's just going to give characters the cool weapons shown in the video?

Yeah, gives lords and bosses cool weapons. Edited by Arch

There's a game called "FE2"?

It wasn't intentional, but I guess that'd be the closest in-series reference. Dunno what Arrow looks like, never played Gaiden, but Artemis was intended to be its own thing.

Ah, I see. Given how many of the Spells in EN are taken from other games I figured it must have been a reference to something, but the only "Artemis" I knew of in relation to FE was someone from the Akeneia games' backstory, so I was confused if it was referencing anything or not.

I haven't gotten far enough in Gaiden to see what Arrow looks like either.

Like I said, the Arrow spell is literally arrows appearing near the caster and going pew pew into the enemy.

Ryuto_casting_Arrow.png

(It's honestly a boring animation compares to how strong the spell is)

holy shit, need more arrow spell.

What's the difference in term of difficulty if one turns on Regalia Mode?

Well, your lords are powered up and your bosses are more of a threat. Generally it makes the game easier, which I figured some might appreciate.

holy shit, need more arrow spell.

lightarrow.png

That was pretty much the original Artemis spell.

Well, your lords are powered up and your bosses are more of a threat. Generally it makes the game easier, which I figured some might appreciate.

lightarrow.png

That was pretty much the original Artemis spell.

So kinda like the FE2 Arrow spell (with less arrows!)

I needed an excuse to make a gif

n53qFJ5.gif

It's choppy because I have no idea how to make good gifs

Also Sonia attacking her daddy because I happened to have a savestate there

it's. . . it's. . . beautifullllll!!!! (needs more pewpewpew)

this should be more of a thing

Shouldn't be too difficult to animate, lol. Rip the arrow, copy pasta multiple arrows, apply proper fade-in effects and call it good.

e24193fa52.png

Edited by Arch