The original .hack games

Shinori

I like G.U. up to the point in the third where I have to spend, like, an hour just to get through an overall pointless dungeon to advance the plot to the point where I need to go through another overall pointless dungeon. It's like, "Why do I have to go to the end of a dungeon to talk to someone? Can't I just meet them at the beginning?" They could have least have something worthwhile to say after it, but no.

AKA, got bored.

Because this didn't happen whatsoever in the first 4 games either.

>.>"

>Show up at dungeon.

>See person you need to meet.

>Person runs off to the bottom floor even though they just needed to talk to you.

>You have to grind through all of the floors to find person.

The Forest of Pain was even worse in that regard, considering you had to go through a 100 floor dungeon just to talk and recruit a new character. That being said, the Forest of Pain, although completely optional, did close out the G.U. story, that is until The Returner OVA aired, and .hack//G.U. Trilogy took it's own spin on the canon.

As for the draft, I don't think I'd be able to participate. I have the 3 G.U. games in disk form, but my PS2 doesn't read wired controllers, and my wireless one broke. Even if it did work though, I'll be shipping my PS2 off to my girlfriend in a few days, so... yeah :/ I also think that balancing a G.U draft would be hard, because for the most part, there's only 1 healer throughout the 3 games, and she isn't always available either. Some quests you have to go with specific characters, which I guess you could work around. But some characters become unavailable mid game too, so you'd have to have to draft more than enough to compensate for absences.

Because this didn't happen whatsoever in the first 4 games either.

>.>"

>Show up at dungeon.

>See person you need to meet.

>Person runs off to the bottom floor even though they just needed to talk to you.

>You have to grind through all of the floors to find person.

Well yeah, but I don't remember it happening as often. I usually grinded looking for virus cores to unlock areas. Which I find a far better reason to go grinding than "Go talk to a person I don't really care about."

I also don't remember dungeons taking so long in the first set of games.

Well yeah, but I don't remember it happening as often. I usually grinded looking for virus cores to unlock areas. Which I find a far better reason to go grinding than "Go talk to a person I don't really care about."

I also don't remember dungeons taking so long in the first set of games.

i remember in the first 4 games you could abuse speed scrolls and fairy orbs to quickly get done dungeons.

also i saw sure add in the extra characters, it'll surely bring more varity.

Skeith was tougher for me. Cubia wasn't a problem for me at all.

Fuck skeith. The first phase of morgana was harder than the second phase and what not cause that was silly. First phase gives you a run for your money, spams abilities, high damage. Yeah. Second phase. Just kinda....sits there. Low damage and doesn't spam abilities as much.

I think the reason why Cubia is deemed a much more annoying boss is due to the fact that it switches its resistances. Sometimes it resists melee, other times it resists magic.