The second batch of DLC

Hector's story is clearly a ripoff of Eliwood's. The plot still focuses on finding Eliwood's father (clearly focused on Eliwood), then Bern (no focus on any lord), and finally the legendary weapons & dragons (which involves Eliwood more). Plus the game itself is called Blazing Sword, not Thunder Axe or Sun Blade. And most ironically, the game itself even tells you that Eliwood is the main character at the start of Hector's mode! Clearly a glitch, but the fact that they didn't catch such an obvious mistake further proves that Eliwood's mode is the true one.

And it's the principle more than anything. I'm actually grateful that Eliwood was spared a crappy redesign, but I really hate that IS somehow deemed him not important enough despite his credentials, and it implies that Eliwood will continue to get screwed over and swept under the carpet.

Well, besides possible future DLC, I don't see any way they could include Eliwood in anything from this point on. I doubt they're going to make another Elibe game, and if they did, he would probably either be long dead, or not even born yet.

As for the difference between Eliwood and Hector's modes, I've read some theories that Hector's mode in the more canon one, simply because Karla is recruitable. Of course, there's no way to tell anything just from this, but it's something to think about.

Besides, there's one thing Eliwood got over Hector, Sigurd, and most of the other parent characters : He survived the game that starred his child.

Anyway, this is starting to get completely off-topic, so I think it's best we all stop discussing it here within the next few posts. If it still bothers you a lot, you could always create a topic in Far From The Forest, or some other location where it would be less likely to be considered off-topic.

Edited by Strunk

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone actually fought the Berserker and/or the Anna and thereby found out anything about the circumstances and potential winnings?

She looks like a purple FeMU. Huh.

Specifically, she looks almost exactly like the one FeMU I've made. I did a double-take when I first saw her icon.

Edited by Othin

This almost feels like Deja-vu. Oh, I remember now... your Tales fanboying and how you expect people to bow down to your favorite character choices.

Okay, time to break the news: it was a parody of what happened to Eliwood.

Stahn = Eliwood (face of Destiny/FE7)

Leon = Lyn ("good enough face")

Jude/Milla = Alm/Celica and Ephraim/Eirika (2 main characters that are equal and both made it in)

Kyle = Roy (Eliwood's son who's "too similar")

Guy/Flynn = Ike/Paris (Pair of people who are too similar but both included)

Cless = Marth (First main character and mascot)

Yuri = Ike (Popular character elevated to mascot status)

You yourself said:

It isn't "Main characters popularity slot". It's a "main character slot".

You are elevating Leon above Stahn for that main character slot because of his popularity. Completely killing the entire point of that slot. The main character slot is supposed to represent THE MAIN character that you think of and clicks to represent the mothership title REGARDLESS OF POPULARITY. You are elevating Leon to that level because of his "popularity".

You are demeaning Stahn by elevating Leon to be a "good enough" face of destiny.

"Good Enough" doesn't cut it. Leon isn't the first thing people think of. It's Stahn.

You are showing a personal preference for Leon over Stahn, which isn't a bad thing, but you're using it as justification for what Namco should have done.

You're speaking of the sales as if you were able to see an alternate reality when Stahn wasn't representing Destiny in Twin Brave and sales skyrocketed. Your posts so far have been finding every possible excuse to kick Stahn out in favor of Leon for the main character slot, and GOING OF THAT, kick Stahn out completely because he's not qualified to use the popular character slot.

It falls apart if the premise is of "Leon takes the main character slot" is never fulfilled, where your justification for Leon over Stahn is shaky at best.

Can the same not be said about Eliwood and Lyn? Thanks for providing the proof that IS screwed over Eliwood, the only face of a "mothership" Fire Emblem game not included in the DLC.

Okay, time to break the news: it was a parody of what happened to Eliwood.

Stahn = Eliwood (face of Destiny/FE7)

Leon = Lyn ("good enough face")

Jude/Milla = Alm/Celica and Ephraim/Eirika (2 main characters that are equal and both made it in)

Kyle = Roy (Eliwood's son who's "too similar")

Guy/Flynn = Ike/Paris (Pair of people who are too similar but both included)

Cless = Marth (First main character and mascot)

Yuri = Ike (Popular character elevated to mascot status)

You yourself said:

Can the same not be said about Eliwood and Lyn? Thanks for providing the proof that IS screwed over Eliwood, the only face of a "mothership" Fire Emblem game not included in the DLC.

Go away

One point. Only one needed to answer your attempt to use my own point in that other thread against me.

In Brawl. Who made it in as an assist trophy? I'm pretty sure you know the answer.

Well, her artwork really is nice. Not filled with fanservice, and it fits her perfectly. I'm also glad it looks like the characters from this game. Imagine if all of the DLC characters had been drawn by Awakening's artist.

Imagine if all of the DLC characters had been drawn by Awakening's artist.

Stop. Please.

It's only making me feel pain.

Her OA face being displayed in the battle screen would fit in just fine in battle. You wouldn't think she's from another game if it wasn't for the lack of voice actress and blue aura.

One point. Only one needed to answer your attempt to use my own point in that other thread against me.

In Brawl. Who made it in as an assist trophy? I'm pretty sure you know the answer.

So if Leon appeared in Playstation Allstars it would've been perfectly fine for him to displace Stahn? That's bullshit and you know it. If IS wants to include Lyn in the DLC because of a Brawl cameo, fine, but FE7 still deserves its face.

So if Leon appeared in Playstation Allstars it would've been perfectly fine for him to displace Stahn? That's bullshit and you know it. If IS wants to include Lyn in the DLC because of a Brawl cameo, fine, but FE7 still deserves its face.

If you ask me, it already has it.

Stop the whining no one cares about it

You've already lost being worth punctuation don't make me stop using capitals too

personally i think katarina deserves the spot more than eliwood because eliwood is overrated

How the hell is Eliwood overrated? The fact that no one except me even cares that he wasn't included anywhere despite being the main character of the first internationally released Fire Emblem game suggests otherwise.

That's bullshit and you know it.

So is you derailing this topic because you can't accept that they decided on Lyn. Your moaning and groaning at which DLC released isn't going to change the fact that people like me don't give a crap and are gonna throw them money. AND AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.

Fan opinion is second. Because it only influences money if it's a majority. And right now, you're the only one here, at this moment in time, complaining about Eliwood getting butted out for Katarina.

OH WELL :P:

Edited by shadowofchaos