Character popularity poll + names

VincentASM

I'm guessing that for one day, two votes on the same IP aren't going to count. Even if the interface allows you to do so.

Edit:

Says so right on the page.

"Voting a 2nd time and any after on the same day will not count."

So your attempt to cheat the system has been nullfied.

Oh, I thought it would work, but I can't understand Japanese, so I didn't really see that. Guess I'll just wait until tomorrow. ._.;;

Sariya - Sarya (could have been a mistranslation)

Quite the opposite, actually - literally the entire English-speaking fandom has been getting Sarya's name wrong from day one. It's サーリャ Sārya, not サーリヤ Sāriya; someone muddled the last kana when we first found out about her (mistaking the small ャ which modifies リ into rya, for a full-size separate ヤ) and I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone notice that ever since. The same thing happened to Nn (we called her Soso for a while), but people caught that error fairly quickly.

Edited by Rhinocerocket

Quite the opposite, actually - literally the entire English-speaking fandom has been getting Sarya's name wrong from day one. It's サーリャ Sārya, not サーリヤ Sāriya; someone muddled the last kana when we first found out about her (mistaking the small ャ which modifies リ into rya, for a full-size separate ヤ) and I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone notice that ever since. The same thing happened to Nn (we called her Soso for a while), but people caught that error fairly quickly.

...And this is why I am glad I can read kana. I suppose I'll start doing my own translations before accepting things so easily going forward.

BUNNY DUDE AND DRAGON DAUGHTER ALL THE WAY!

I wish I could vote for that dude with the closed eyes, Grego, Noire, and Sarya all at once, though. :<

Edited by Esme

For the first time ever, I really hope this translation doesn't get modified at all. It's even better than n_n.

The others are kinda hit-and-miss, but this. THIS, man.

I disagree, yet both are amazing, so I can't complain either way.

So, are we going to see the results on the 20th, or will the poll just end then and we'll see the results later?

Probably next month if we're lucky.

Of if we're reeeally unlucky, a year later like the FE12 My Unit poll. Although I bet they forgot in that case and only remembered when they had Awakening to announce X D

Like the current character poll, it was held on the Fire Emblem World site and you can view the results here.

The funny thing is that it ended around September 2010, but the results weren't posted until around September 2011, I think a day before FE13 was announced...