[FE13]Let's try again to get one started

cheetah7071

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She can just airlift Frederick and toss him in front.

---

So I decided to look at the character lineup. Default staffers are Liz, Mariabel, Libera, and Anna, of course. Miriel and Richt can also promote to Sage for staffs; they only need E rank, and they have enough Mag, so they'll do fine despite not being good at healing otherwise. So that's six characters, enough that in a three-person draft, each drafter could potentially grab two and have a decent healing base.

Later on, Brady, Loran, and possibly Cynthia show up as options, although Cynthia is pairing-dependent to get a good enough range. Mark is also a possibility. On this note, MU could reclass to Sage or something, but he/she generally has better things to do.

With SpotPass sidequests, Gangrel and Emelina are possibilities, but they're largely meaningless due to being endgame-only, and they could have issues depending on draft rules. Emelina is particularly problematic due to the difficulty of her chapter, anyway. You could also reclass Inverse but who cares when you're not going to be doing so anyway?

For a draft permitting DLC, Leaf becomes an option, as does Micaiah if she reclasses. Elincia and Eirika are also options, although not for long because the enemy strength in RvB relegates them to endgame. And Cellica has even worse joining time issues than Emelina.

So yeah, those are the options for staffs, Rescue in particular, in drafts. I suspect strategies will change a bit depending on how different draft conditions regard different groups of them and thereby allow different amounts of staff use, as well as different draft sizes having the same effect.

She can just airlift Frederick and toss him in front.
In S2? Frederick's taking on the right side in S2, plus in order to place Sumia in range of the Pegasi on Turn 1 you have to get rid of the Archer because the Archer will kill her hard. I was mainly thinking in terms of killing the Pegasi, although reaching that Silver Lance Soldier is another pain in the ass as is... that's the reason I got 7 turns anyway.

Some reflections!

Let me start out by talking about Nosferatu. No, it is not broken, because the most effective Nosferatu user is either Miriel or MU with +Mag -Res or something. I say this because Henry's base speed sucks, Sariya's skill sucks, and my MU's skill sucked too, so Nosferatu should not be banned! It has a hard time hitting because most of its users have low skill. It only has a couple niche uses too, and when it comes down to it it's actually very difficult for a unit in an HM draft to Nosferatank without some significant grinding and Secret Book usage because enemies have decent evasion and your hit rates are not fun to make use of. Random Sorcerers tend to have Tome slayer as well, meaning that Nosferatu definitely will not connect. If this draft were NM, then there'd be a stronger case for it; however, none of the Nosferatu users are mounted either, so they won't contribute to particularly quick clears. Enemies towards the end are harder to 1 round because of Resistance stuff too, especially the Sorcerers who have decent Resistance. Only MU could inflict significant damage on some of these guys, Henry had a rather difficult time and I can imagine Sariya having as much difficulty as Henry because of either Speed or accuracy issues. It shaves turns like nothing else, but it's not unfair nor is it broken. Sorcerers can't use staffs anyway, and staffs are key to some clears because your units will take heavy damage that need healing.

As for the subject of HM drafts, more testing needs to be done. If I had less units then this draft would be easier because I'd be putting more work into a select few units as opposed to a large team. Of course, it's my fault for not thinking of that sooner, but regardless of all of that I think we should test it with a smaller team. On the flipside, a smaller team might prove more challenging because there's only so many 37 Str Berserkers (with close to around 57 Attack) and 48 Atk/36 Speed swordmasters a small team can take, and it's harder to double everyone together because there's less units to do it with. My TCs might have been lower even without shit like Sol with his 15 Spd running around (But he did a lot more damage than Frederick in the second half of the game, but I had to stop using him as a primary unit for the last couple chapters because he'll get mauled). I think it should be pushed down to NM because enemies start getting forges on chapter 21 and enemies start being primarily promoted by Chapter 16 (everyone is promoted in Chapter 17 save the thieves that want the chests).

Olivia and Frederick being free are fine. One thing is that Olivia isn't gamebreaking enough that she should be free. I thought for a second that Olivia should be draftable, because using her is actually kind of a pain in the ass and she only has some niche uses here and there because her durability is some shit and enemies will definitely attack her given the chance. When I was using her, I was more concerned with getting her out of the way than having her dance. In a 4-person draft, though, it would end up being the last person doesn't have a mother then; I'm not opposed to having Olivia free and people pick two mothers and two people get one of the remaining mothers and 2 people get the other remaining mother. I guess Olivia is fine free, but she still isn't that useful (though she did hit Level 15 in my playthrough, so that's something, but it happened very late so I couldn't use Special Dance for very long).

I think we should define when exactly we can tackle S1/2/3/4/17 so no one person gets an advantage over doing it later. So, saying that S17 must be done between Chapters 20 and 21 for instance (obviously it will be earlier, but it's an example). I also think S1 should be a free chapter, that way the person who drafts Donny can actually recruit him and try to use him (and allowing him to be doubled with an undrafted unit, so he is actually usable without making your team 7000% less efficient). S17 taking up turns is fine by me, though.

Some individual character reflections:

Free units...

Krom - Krom was solid overall. Him and Miledy were my first units to double enemies and they've been consistently ahead of everyone else during the early game. Later on, Krom started to drop in usefulness a little bit, but he did manage to get enough Speed to double Gimle in the end and he built up enough support with Lucina to be able to inflict the last 62 damage I need to kill him. His support list kinda sucks, though, but MU and Lucina tend to be all I really need in the end.

Miledy - She's generally the best unit in the game. She starts out being able to do magic damage, eventually she gets Magic Square to increase critical hit rates, if you double someone with her she gets a lot of EXP and she starts to double quickly because of her level lead. Then, she gets Magnificent Flame and Rainbow Cry and then she can be reclassed to Sorcerer, where she gets these massive amounts of kills because of Nosferatu and her decent defense. I had her S-supported with Krom and they were generally pretty good, and she was my primary Nosferatu user. She cut turns like nothing else and she should remain free.

Frederick - Frederick was clutch until like Chapter 9 or 10, then he was just another unit until Chapter 16 where he started to lag immensely. I used him to double with other units (while equipping a Silver Axe, he is a Dragonmaster at this point). He will OHKO or one round anything in his way and he had excellent synergy with Sumia, in the first thirds of the game; Frederick would Double onto her, and Sumia would "ferry" him over to enemy lines where they would all fall one by one to a Hand Axe or Javelin, while doubling them and everything because of Sumia's speed boost. But he sucks so much dick after Chapter 16 because he has terrible EXP gain and he doesn't seem to like gaining speed (14 Speed after about 13 levels worth of level ups... smh)

Lucina - She wasn't clutch or anything, but she barely had supports and junk. I doubled her with Krom sometimes for a speed boost, but she ended up effective as a Great Lord and I didn't have enough time to test her as a Swordmaster so I can't comment on that. She didn't disappoint, however Magnificant Flame was cool for her to have and Aether activated at the best times. Her durability was a little bit low so she had a hard time with many of the later enemies, but she generally did me well. Hidden Falchion helped keep her healed.

Olivia - She probably never really shaved turns (maybe helped my sole staff user, Anna, get a second turn a lot) but she wasn't clutch or anything. She isn't as durable as Ninian/Lalum/others were ("durable", she couldn't dodge very well at all, but that's due to stronger enemies as a whole) and a lot of her movements in my playthrough were intent on her getting the hell out of the way as opposed to going into enemy lines. I had to use her meticulously and she's honestly not that great a Dancer. Still though, she had enough uses that I got her to Level 15.73 and I'm satisfied with her anyway. She's really cute too.

Drafted units...

Soiree - Soiree was some shit. She barely gained any speed when I needed her too and in the end, she was just someone I used for double. I made her a Great Knight so she can at least do a lot of damage in one hit and she failed me in that, too. She gave Sol some good backup though, being his lover and all, and Sol was much more effective. Her problem is she doesn't double attack for a while (cause enemies have a speed stat lol) and she doesn't have any strength to fall back on, so Sol is more effective in that scenario. Her durability was a little bit too small too.

Degel - I only used her to double with Lucina, but she had terrible Speed because her parents grew shit all for Speed. She gave Lucina a good defense and Strength boost and did some damage here and there with her. Overall, I wasn't too impressed.

Sumia - She was clutch with Frederick early on and a lot of the early game was her and Frederick doubled together and killing as quickly and effectively as possible. Her use died down when her level ups stopped giving her Str and Spd and she was a pretty useless staff user. I should've gone Dark Pegasus because then I'd get Movement Cry for her. She's definitely the best of the mothers to draft, though, because she is a very good unit because she joins early and can make Frederick broken for around 10 chapters.

Cynthia - I made her a Falcoknight so she could get some EXP from healing/staff using. Not enough deployment slots to make use of it, and her one level up I got from her sucked. She has the potential to be effective if her parents are good, and she inherited Speed Cry which helped me a lot in the endgame.

Velvet - She was probably my best offensive unit as a Dragonmaster, but the problem is that she needed an Arms Scroll to be usable as one because it takes her forever to stop using a Bronze Axe. She had great speed, good durability, and a lot of Str so she did a decent amount of killing. Combined with Ronku, she was nearly unstoppable unless I was against a Swordmaster or someone with Bows or Wind Magic. There are enough bows in this game to really hamper her use, though, but thankfully I didn't have too many fliers. Also a good first pick.

Chambray - He was good when doubled, but overall I couldn't use him due to limited deployment. I'm sure he'd be a powerhouse if I had the slots, with his 19 str/skl/spd base.

Sol - Did a solid amount of damage everytime I needed him to. Barely killed at some point because his Speed was so low, but he could avoid the Berserkers that got two hits on him and his weapon ranks were adequate enough. Not a first round non-mother pick, but he has good str and durability even if his speed is really low. He's like a much much more useful Frederick once Frederick stops being useful.

Ronku - Ronku should definitely be a first pick for non-mothers. He comes in with really high Speed and he can evade things decent, and he can kill things with a Killing Edge. As a Swordmaster or Assassin he will have a lot of Strength and decent durability (he needs an Angelic Robe though). Once you get Amatsu his weaknesses are covered and he becomes a very good character on his own. I do recommend making him an Assassin first and getting him to Level 10 then getting him to Swordmaster, because Lethality may have been cooler to have than Sword Expert (especially to pass onto Chambray). Him and Velvet were deadly together, and Astra is a good clutch skill because it activated a decent amount of the time.

Anna - Anna was my most useful healer and she did a lot of good damage with a Levin Sword. It's a shame that I only had one before the Trickster in Chapter 25 drops another. She did a lot of rescuing to make sure Olivia could get to people safely, she did a lot of Barrier staffing to Olivia so she's survive Slime hits, and she made great use of Fortify and Physic in many chapters (her Fortify range spanned like 70% of the map, so she literally got everyone; I think the only part of the map it didn't reach in Chapter 25 were the corners). It's a shame she wasn't a Sage that long, she hit Level 10 as a Sage, because her offense with tomes would have been absolutely phenomenal, especially with Tome Expert boosting her Magic for staff usage. Movement +1 was extremely useful, and so was Acrobatics once I got that. Definitely a first round non-mother pick.

Henry - He surprised me a hell of a lot. His base speed is terrible, but he does an effective job of attacking enemies in his join chapter, and as a Nosferatank he has ridiculous amounts of Defense and Magic/Skill for it to be effective at tanking. He grows decent Speed too even if his base sucks; he needs a Speed Potion for a couple chapters to be truly effective though. He is much more accurate than -Skl MU and Sariya, and he had some of the highest defense out of everyone in my team. He is also effective to be doubled with Frederick, because it boosts his Defense by a lot (since his Speed will go from "being doubled a lot and taking little damage" to "not being doubled and taking little damage"... so useless if you're using Nosferatu). I had to give him a Speedwing, but after that he gained a lot of Speed in exchange for Magic and I was generally very satisfied with him. He has good supports too (all females, Frederick, so Frederick is actually useful at some point in the game).

Sairi - She was extremely good too. Definitely not a first round pick in the future, but her base speed is ridiculous and she can use Amatsu at some point. She has very good offense and passable durability, and her speed rises enough to make her useful. Unfortunately, I got speed screwed with her (I got screwed with everyone if those growths on the site are correct). Don't expect Ronku or anything, but she delivers very well and I highly recommend picking her like second or third round out of the non-mothers. She does need some help starting out because the way Chatper 16 is designed really doesn't help frail units at all, but after that she is good. Sadly, her supports are only MU and Tiki...

Donny - Didn't recruit, he'd be usable with my S1 proposal. That way Donny could get all the kills in S1 and it would be much easier to use him.

If anyone has any questions or anything I can answer them, but I really had a lot of fun in this draft. Can't wait for others to start playing and destroying my TCs.

Edited by Lord Raven

You're thinking of S3. S2 is the one with Clone Anna and the village; there are no Pegasus Knights there.

Agreed on S1 being free. I don't like the idea of constraining sidequest times, though; the flexibility in progression is one of the nice additions and I don't see any reason to remove it. But then, I also disagree with the sidequests being required in the first place; I'd rather make them all optional with say 20 free turns. I especially want to bring up S17 for being ridiculous on Lunatic. I admit I haven't even tried it, but from the looks of it, I doubt it's even possible on Lunatic without grinding, even if you wait until endgame. Forming that kind of wall just doesn't work on that mode.

As for Nosferatu, if it was that weak for you, I don't think you were using it right. Sarya's accuracy problems are overstated; she can use Nosferatu well enough, and by the time the Sorcerers have Magic Slayer, she should have the skill as well, canceling it out. And as you noted, MU has the potential to be far better at it.

As for the free units, I'm in agreement about keeping Krom, MU, Frederick, and Lucina free, but not Olivia. As you noted, she's great, but not essential, even when trying to move fast.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, S2 was slow because of a random brigand hiding out on the edge of the map. Having Sumia be able to take out even that single enemy would have sped me up by a turn potentially, as would having a competent non-MU team that can handle the initial wave without Fred helping out.

I'm going to be away from civilization for about a week starting tomorrow so I'll maybe do a chapter tonight and then that'll be it for a while.

It's also a pain in the ass to take care of the Archers since Anna takes care of the Barbarians first. So you're stuck on 2 range. She dies quickly too, and traversing the Forests is a pain in the ass.

I don't like the idea of constraining sidequest times, though; the flexibility in progression is one of the nice additions and I don't see any reason to remove it.
I think if sidequests are required then there should be constraints, as in SX should be done immediately after Chapter Y. Though I think S1 should be completely free of the 20 turn thing if they aren't required, although I don't see how you could possibly beat a chapter in anything close to 20 turns in this game >_> I think the Mark/Azure sidequests should be allowed even if the two are not drafted, also.

As for Nosferatu, if it was that weak for you, I don't think you were using it right. Sarya's accuracy problems are overstated; she can use Nosferatu well enough, and by the time the Sorcerers have Magic Slayer, she should have the skill as well, canceling it out. And as you noted, MU has the potential to be far better at it.

Sariya has 45% skill growth and 5 base, I don't think Sariya's going to be very accurate until Tome slayer- and even when Tome slayer is active, it's only against tome users. Nosferatu wasn't weak necessarily (on Henry it was fairly bad), but I had to truck through with an MU that had Skill in the teens; Sariya's accuracy is going to be worse meaning that she has some problems getting Nosferatu hits later on against faster enemies like Swordmasters and even Berserkers. As for Nosferatu being weak, I wouldn't say it was weak, but MU didn't double much towards the latter part of the game so Nosferatu wasn't as effective as it could've been. I could not, for instance, put her in the middle of enemy lines and expect her to come out alright especially starting in Chapter 21.

And I'm saying such constraints would be pointless, only serving to restrict options for no reason.

On my HM run, I glued Sarya and Ronku together and had them take on about half of every map for the entire last third of the game alone, with no or minimal issues. It's worth noting that Skl isn't the only thing that impacts accuracy; you can get other bonuses. Dark Mage skills cut down on enemy Avoid, making them easier to hit, especially when they attack in melee. Blend together Curse, Crimson Curse, and an S-rank support, and you've got +40 Hit.

I guess my problem was that MU went to Sorcerer and not Dark Mage.

And I'm saying such constraints would be pointless, only serving to restrict options for no reason.
I gave rationale as to if they are required- if they are required then I would be against giving the sidequests an option to be free on the rationale that people would get a much lower TC by taking it on at a different time than another. It would make S1-4 almost completely trivial, and they would essentially be pointless. All the more reason to make them free within 20 turns, I guess. Edited by Lord Raven

I don't think that's much of a reason. People have a choice to make; they can play the map earlier to get the benefits earlier, or later to complete them easier and faster. There's nothing to gain from making rules preventing that.

Edited by Othin

Chapter 6: 5/47

Lyrina is basically invincible now. She marries Krom after the chapter is over.

Chapter 7: 4/51

Lyrina hits level 20 in this one, so I'm going straight to chapter 8 instead of the gaiden, so I can get the master proof earlier. Richt managed to get some kills, and is progressing decently. Tiamo should be a big help, I finally have a second person who can double for a large speed bonus.

Character Level MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LUK DEF RES
Krom      15.18  31  14   3  15  16  11  14   5
Lyrina    20.00  32  15  19  16  19  11  13  11
Frederick  7.58  35  19   2  17  12   8  15   4
Vake       5.21  32  11   0   8   7   6   6   0
Richt      7.01  24   4  11+2 9   7  11   8   4
Mariabel   4.83  18   0   5   5   6   5   3   7+2
Tiamo      7.00  25   9   3  13  12+2 9   8   8

Just a reminder to DO THIS DRAFT!!!! I also suggest we have a normal mode component on the side. Don't worry about turncounts too much, just be able to finish the chapter. The average player won't be worried about TCs until we get better at this game anyway. It's not *that* hard, your units will get enough EXP later on that Frederick taking a bunch of early game kills doesn't matter.

I also suggest we do a Classic Normal Mode component to test the waters with FE13 some more. HM seemed a little hard to do but it's still very manageable.

A thought I had were that in a four person draft, here are the definite first round picks;

Sumia > Liz > Tiamo > Mariabel

Tiamo and Sumia will cut a ton of early game turns. When flight really matters, Tiamo and Sumia exist to rescue drop Frederick. However, Liz and Mariabel have the benefit of flying Rescue and good range/Magic to use it with, because you can do Sage -> Falconknight (or in Mariabel's case, Valkyrie -> Falconknight) and do a lot of interesting things with Rescue. This is speculation, but given that many of the later chapters are boss chapters, you need someone that can bring a monster to the boss as opposed to the early game, where you need someone that can ferry and aid a monster.

The next round would be, out of Miriel, Sariya, Soiree, Serge, Velvet, and Olivia, we'd have Velvet > Serge > Sariya > Soiree or Miriel or Nono. Olivia is generally kind of useless. Sariya Velvet and Serge have very good durability and offense, Soiree and Miriel are up in the air because they're both unremarkable units. Miriel may be a little bit better because Soiree will have a harder time catching up (because Frederick kills the early game and she can't catch up). Nono has decent durability but is sort of useless.

I think we should have two mothers draftable that two people each will have (so two people with Miriel and two with Nono) and the last character will be drafted by all (so, everyone will have free Olivia). I think the last character will be Olivia because she sort of blows.

And as for the rest, we have

Libera, Vake, Richt, Tiki, Callum, Grego, Viole, Basilio, Gaia, Flavia, Sol, Ronku, Anna, Henry, Sairi, Donny, Lucina

One will remain undrafted, and that will always be Donny unless we have some rule that lets sidequests be completely free (so we can build up Donny more easily). I think Ronku will be first to go because of his great offense, then Anna cause of healing + great offense with Levin Sword, Libera, Henry, Grego, Sairi, Gaia, Lucina, Callum, Vake, Sol, Richt, Flavia, Basilio, Viole, Tiki in that order. Last pick being a free unit isn't something I'd be opposed to.

I also do not agree that Lucina is free, the only free units should be Krom/MU/Frederick.

Edited by Lord Raven

Update time~

Chapter 5: 9/32

Many attempts were tried, but then I learn about "Krom and Frederick". :P

Chapter 6: 6/38

Frederick flies solo while the rest go fight Fauder. Krom kills him with a crit.

Onward to Sidequest 1!

I'm back in civilization, and ready to play again. I'll edit this post once I've completed a chapter.

I'd probably be up for a normal mode draft once this one is completed, but we'll have to see.

Chapter 8: 6/57

If I didn't want all the villages, this chapter would have been a lot easier and probably a turn faster, as I could have had had Tiamo/Krom or something like that take care of the left-hand enemies and had Fred/MU take the bottom. But I really wanted the change proof and master proof, so here I am. Tiamo is pretty good right out of the box, way better than any of the other people I've drafted (though Mariabel is up to 4-range rescues after a magic potion now, so that's neat).

Edited by cheetah7071

Sidequest 3: 4/61

Tiamo is amazing (when beefed up with a str pot, def pot, energy drop and Vake double). MU is amazing (without any effort required at all). It was a bit tricky not having to use the turn 5 player phase, but rearranging Tiamo and Frederick's roles worked out.

Character Level          Class  MHP STR  MAG SKL  SPD LUK DEF RES
    Krom 16.40           Lord   31  14    3  15   17  12  15   5
  Lyrina  2.67    Grandmaster   37  18   23  18   21  11  16  13
Frederick  9.19   Great Knight   37  21    2  19   12   9  15   4
    Vake  5.32        Fighter 27+5  11    0   8    7   6   6   0
   Richt  7.11           Mage   24   4 11+2   9    7  11   8   4
Mariabel  6.30      Troubador   20   1    6   7    7   7   4 9+2
   Tiamo 10.45 Pegasus Knight   27  12    5  15 14+2  11   8   9

Chapter 9: 5/66

It's very important that you finish by the turn 5 player phase, or a bunch of reinforcements show up.

In other news, I wouldn't be surprised if MU ends up banned like Seth. I've used her more or less normally up to this point, and she was still soloing half the map with no double partner.

Sidequest 4: 5/71

I hope nothing good was in the chests, because I sure didn't open them.

Chapter 10: 3/74

Doubled MU and Tiamo, rescued Tiamo forward, rushed the boss. Got the master proof thief but the others escaped.

Chapter 11: 3/77

MU soloed her way through the right-hand enemies and Gangrel's crew. Tiamo and Frederick cleaned up the left side. Frederick ended the chapter at level 10, so I reclassed him to dragonmaster.

Chapter 12: 5/82

4 turns is probably possible. MU definitely needs to be considered for banning. My strategy was to just send her on a rampage, and have Tiamo, Krom, and Serge mop up what remained.

Chapter 13: 1/83

Nice and easy. Tiamo kills the enemy blocking the path, MU double into Frederick, Frederick gets rescued and moves up by the boss.

Edited by cheetah7071

Might as well bump the thread.

Sidequest 12: 12/free

Mark is basically a second MU, it's insane. Lucina is much worse than Krom, and Krom isn't even all that amazing right now so whatever. She did inherit Rainbow Cry, and spent the entire chapter spamming it. Picked up the Fortify staff but missed the other treasure.

Character Level          Class  MHP  STR  MAG SKL  SPD LUK DEF RES
    Krom  1.81    Master Lord   39   21    4  20   20  15  20   9
  Lyrina 18.14    Grandmaster   50   21   35  28   31  19  21  21
Frederick  1.12  Dragon Master   36   22    2  22   14   9  12   6
    Vake  5.83        Fighter 27+5   11    0   8    7   6   6   0
   Richt  7.88           Mage   24    4 11+2   9    7  11   8   4
Mariabel  8.25      Troubador   21    1    8   8    9   8   5 9+2
   Tiamo  1.85   Dark Pegasus   44   18    9  22 21+2  13  17  16
  Libera  4.61    Battle Monk   42   14   17  14   16  11  13  18
  Olivia  2.53         Dancer   19    4    2   9   10 5+4   4   3
   Serge 18.06    Dracoknight   37 19+2    1  16   16  12  18   2
  Lucina 11.86           Lord   36   16   12  20   22  16  16   9
    Mark  1.00    Grandmaster   47   24   26  26   27  19  22  19

Tiamo ate a bunch of statboosters, she isn't naturally that blessed.

Chapter 14: 1/84

Easy Peasy.

Edited by cheetah7071

Chapter 15: 3/87

Mark took the bulk of the enemies. MU took the beach. Tiamo and Serge took the stragglers.

Chapter 16: 4/91

MU promoted to Dark Knight. I'm going to have Mark go Nosferatank, and I didn't need two, so I went for higher movement. Dark Knight seems safer than Dark Pegasus with all the bows everywhere.

Serge promoted to Griffon Knight and started working towards carrier.

Chapter 17: 5/96

Boy do I hate this boss a ton. Second hardest boss in the game, after the final boss.

Chapter 18: 4/100

Getting the 4-turn is actually kinda tricky, and likely next to impossible with sorcerer MU. Having two invincible murderhouses (MU and Mark) was basically a neccesity for this turncount.

Aaaaaaand getting tiki recruited seems like it might be impossible without some crazy rescue shenanigans that I haven't been able to think of yet. Even with higher levels, I just don't have the 10+ competent units that are necessary to recruit her. I'll think more about it later.

Edited by cheetah7071

Yeah I managed to. It's not too bad but I had to form a sort of pentagon. My MU wasn't nearly as good as yours either (Miledy decided that Speed and Skill were overrated stats) so MU died a couple times even Nosferatanking. Then again, I also had around the 10+ competent units that I needed... it's hard to put a limit to MU's leveling in this game.

Edited by Lord Raven

Sidequest 17: 7/94

Ended up recruiting Tiki after all, because the AI in this stage is weird and quirky.

Rescued Tiki to the back wall, then set up this formation:

MU    Tiki     Tiamo
 Krom     Mark
     Serge

Mark was able to rainbow cry for everyone but MU, who didn't need it. This stage is also the only time I have seen an enemy fail to go for a kill--they seem to prioritize getting as close to tiki as possible, and then decide who to attack after they've made their movement. It's very bizarre.

6 or even 5 turns should be possible if you don't care about recruiting Tiki. I'll have to see if using her saves those two turns.

What are you talking about? If Tiki dies, then it's game over.

No it isn't. The chapter continues and the enemy reverts to the usual AI.

Sidequest 10: 12/free

Selena probably won't be useful. Tiki, however, immediately proved her worth by soloing the entire left half with an ordinary dragonstone, not even wasting her true dragonstone.