Help with editing tilesets

dondon151

I was in the process of designing a maritime map using an FE7 tileset (5B005C5D), but I noticed that this tileset lacked the 3 tiles that make up the left half of the bow. It also appears that none of the other FE7 tilesets have the left half of the bow.

But FE8 tilesets do have this missing half! The problem with that, now, is that there are certain tiles in 5B005C5D that i need - specifically, the ship armory and vendor tiles and the ship guardrail tiles.

How could I best rectify this problem?

you could extract the bow ones from FE8 with GBAGE and replace existing tiles in the FE7 tileset that you won't be needing (however, if it says bow or something when you mouse over it, you have to replace tiles that'd say the same thing). Custom tilesets are really tricky so short of just changing up the graphics themselves (even that's not exactly simple) we're pretty much shit outta luck. :/

Eh

I'd like to help you with this but sadly it's a bit complicated like Jubby said and I don't have time

Thus I'd say your best option is to just sacrifice one or the other until someone makes a tutorial on custom tilesets

I'd like to help you with this but sadly it's a bit complicated like Jubby said and I don't have time

Thus I'd say your best option is to just sacrifice one or the other until someone makes a tutorial on custom tilesets

Couldn't I just insert like, a (slightly modified) .png somewhere and repoint the object set?

there is graphics

there is TSA

there is a palette

the graphics only consist of every RAW tile

the tileset is done by using the graphics in various places to make a full, complete tileset

i.e. it reuses some parts of the same 16x16 tile (noting that it's 4 blocks of 8x8 pixels) to create new tiles (uh, like I imagine the path tiles that are just mirrors of each other would work like this)

the palette is pretty obvious

so what matters is that the final tileset that includes loading the TSA/map data this term is confusing because then you have a separate file that loads tiles based off of the tileset] has the tiles that you want

which means you'll have to edit the raw graphics and then manipulate TSA to make them use them (easy enough with GBAGE, just be sure to decompress the TSA earlier)

as for designating which tile is which

I haven't cared enough to find out

but I imagine the solution is easy enough that someone should be able to figure it out with a little research

sadly I don't have the time to do said research myself :|