Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

Nearly twelve hours and nothing? This is the last time I will be here during this phase. Still don't object to a Helios lynch, but I'm not happy with what Rapier has so far.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'd be ok with a Helios lynch? I don't really know about Rapier. Are you simply not happy with him because of his list post and then lack of content besides that? If so I guess I see your point, but am not completely sold. Is there anything else? Also, having seen Shinori's claim, I am also less inclined to think that his claim and Cam's claim couldn't both exist in the game. I still think that he didn't need to hint at it, but that's in the past now and can't be helped. So, I guess that part of my suspicion is gone and I think that combined with seeing how he's acting now is why I'm less sure about that lynch now. So... yeah.

##unvote

I'm not going to drop another vote yet. I want to hear some more about people's thoughts on Rapier. I personally was seeing him as more of a townish lean, but I see eclipse's point about very few posts that avoid mentioning people and such.

~(o.o)~ (this is my I don't know what to do face)

I guess I'd be ok with a Helios lynch? I don't really know about Rapier. Are you simply not happy with him because of his list post and then lack of content besides that? If so I guess I see your point, but am not completely sold. Is there anything else? Also, having seen Shinori's claim, I am also less inclined to think that his claim and Cam's claim couldn't both exist in the game. I still think that he didn't need to hint at it, but that's in the past now and can't be helped. So, I guess that part of my suspicion is gone and I think that combined with seeing how he's acting now is why I'm less sure about that lynch now. So... yeah.

##unvote

I'm not going to drop another vote yet. I want to hear some more about people's thoughts on Rapier. I personally was seeing him as more of a townish lean, but I see eclipse's point about very few posts that avoid mentioning people and such.

~(o.o)~ (this is my I don't know what to do face)

Dammit, I need to leave. ;/

Rapier hasn't said much, and an opinion dump at this point in the game isn't a good sign.

Also, not liking the lack of opinion above me. . .scorri, please try to form some before phase end, 'cause if Shinori wants to push his case, you just gave him quite a bit of ammo. . .

Yes, I am in fact planning on making a solid vote before phase end. The issue is I'm currently doubting what was my strongest read which has caused me to kinda just be unsure about everything. I'm going to try and take a step back and think hard about all this and make another post in like... 30 minutes or so.

Ok. So, looking back went quicker thanks to those ISO links in the main page. (Thanks Manix)

Eclipse: I see your point with Rapier. And I understand why you want to lynch him. I'd be ok with this lynch if it happened, but I think Helios is still the target I would prefer at this point. He's been posting fluffish stuff, his vote/unvote on Elie was just horrible looking, and then his last post where he asks that question about Core just irks me in all the wrong ways.

In addition to that, I'd love to hear more from some people. Like Rein, Iris, Cam (who I know is traveling, but when he gets back I want to see some caring), and uh... I think that was it. Basically null reads on you guys because there's just not been a lot to read on. :/

Shinori's reads were kind of the reason Cam and you were suspects, iirc. You seem very defensive in this paragraph, especially the 6 questions at the end. You also started to go into ad hominem when you mentioned Bizz.

Why can't you defend them?

Why wouldn't you mention your mistake with the FoS before? You're changing your reasons.

My strongest scumspect at that time was coincidentally the same person who has been pushing a lynch against me most of the game, so if you skim through it it may appear that way. However, if you pay attention to the argument I made rather than assume these things, you can see I at least have a point. Also it's not a personal attack therefore not ad hominem but okay. Point still stands.

It's a listpost, which is a huge scumtell for most people. Rather than remembering the situation (Early D1, literally nothing crazy happening at that point) people jumped hastily on it. Like I said before, apart from Cam no one has any scum reads based off any information from a post earlier than my infamous listpost, but I guess that doesn't matter because I stated the obvious.

Pretty sure when I unvoted Elieson I stated that I misread it but whatever.

Okay fine whatever I don't wanna claim day 1 cause I'm trying to get out of it. Trying specifically hard to not claim day 1.

I am a 2-shot commuter. Or whatever that role is. On two nights I can use it and become immune to mafia kills and all other abilities that target me. I planned on using this tonight which is why I said don't target me because it wouldn't be beneficial. I could just not use it but I want to.

I also have one other ability that I will not be revealing and cannot be used until night 2. I won't be saying though at all so if you still that is suspicious then lynch me.

Not sure what to think about this. Though it sounds like a believable role and can be easily proven, at the same time asking to not be targeted could just as easily be a mafia ploy. I suggest someone tests this.

Shinori's logic is terrible, but terrible in a consistent way. The one post you made since this one was going after Shinori, saying something TO scorri, then that last little question which feels like the mother of all distraction tactics. However, Paper has a good point that there's far too many people riding on my coattails.

Seeing as I'm the main topic of conversation in this game so far, it seems that if I don't only defend or talk about myself I'm trying to distract the game? It wasn't the greatest question in the world, but the point is still the same. Discussion is getting stagnant at this point and you know mafia is enjoying it, so I'm trying what I can to shift the discussion back to scumhunting others. At this point you're not going to learn much after my flip (assuming I'm lynched) since most of the game believes I'm scum and all you're going to do is end up with one less townie, which isn't so good seeing as we lost Elieson to a modkill.

That being said my next scumspects are Rapier and Iris (and to a lesser extent Rein) because they've been forgettable and seem to really just be blending in. Neither have made any attempts at scumhunting and Iris specifically has echoed posts, dropped a quick vote on me and parked it since then (though I've answered her questions) and shot out. Right now leaning towards Iris as scum more than Rapier (though his listpost is pretty bad, fluffy, and echoey too).

##Unvote

##Vote Iris

From what I know, Core hasn't voted anyone yet too. Even if he's got low opinions, I think he still should do something and vote.

Also, I'm unconfortable about Rein's posts, they seem like he's scumhunting when I get the feeling he's not. It is as if he wants to poke at everyone and get a reason to vote. I remember he voted someone because "he missed a vote and was too lazy to ctrl+f", and his vote on Cam is questionable enough.

You don't even have a vote up right now. Elieson was confirmed town, so you better start practicing what you preach.

Also, why are you maintaining a stand against Rein? And assuming you are talking about me in that last sentence, he NEVER voted me.

Also, your last post was completely useless. Either vote Core or continue.

##Vote: Rapier

In addition to that, I'd love to hear more from some people. Like Rein, Iris, Cam (who I know is traveling, but when he gets back I want to see some caring), and uh... I think that was it. Basically null reads on you guys because there's just not been a lot to read on. :/

Having reread the whole thread, I actually have a lot of null reads, and some scum reads, such as Helios, Rapier, and Core (slight). Right now, I have Shinori/Cam as DNL [do not lynch], and a lot of nulls.

@Helios: That's just how I play. I don't really think I'm parking my vote since I think you're scummy?

At the moment, I still prefer a Helios lynch, but I will be just fine with a Rapier one and will switch accordingly. As always, I doubt Rapier will come back to claim, but last time that happened he was scum, so yeah. :/ I think there's 6 hours left? (votals plz)

Votals: (I'm not doing voting history, just showing people who have votes on them right now. Manix can do more later if need be)

Iris (1): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere, Helios

Shinori (1): Helios, Rapier, scorri, Helios, Paperblade

Rapier (2): Aere, eclipse, Aere

CT075 (1): scorri, Iris, Elieson, Strider

Helios (2): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris

scorri (1): CT075

Voteless are me, Core, and Rapier.

Right now, I'd be ok with either a Helios or Rapier lynch. Right now they're tied for votes, and I'd like to hear from both of them before I make a final decision. If neither of them appear before phase end, I will likely vote Rapier even though I was leaning more town on him before because looking back he has given even less to this game than Helios has, but I'd be ok with a Helios lynch too if that's how things swing.

I thought Helios had more votes.

##Vote: Helios

I mentioned reasons earlier but it also felt like you were testing the waters when you asked that question about me. You mentioned me, but when nobody seemed interested you totally gave up on that theory.

Rapier hasn't really made a big impression on me(a bad thing). I'll iso him, but I'll probably stick with this.

I got up early just to make sure there wasn't a hammer or anything. blah

Votals:

Iris (1): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere

Aere (0): Elieson, CT075

Rapier (2): Aere, eclipse, Aere

Delirium (0): Strider, Elieson

Strider (0): Iris

Elieson (0): Paperblade, Rapier, Helios, Delirium

Strider (0): Paperblade

Helios (3): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris, Delirium

Not voting: Rapier, scorri

Voting History:

Paperblade: Iris > Elieson > Strider > Helios > Shinori

Helios: Shinori > Unvote > Elieson > Unvote > Shinori > Iris

Elieson: Aere > CT075 > Core

Aere: Rapier > Iris > Unvote > Rapier

CT075: Aere > Unvote > scorri

Strider: Delirium > Unvote > CT075

Iris: Strider > CT075 > Unvote > Helios

Shinori: Iris > Helios

Rapier: Shinori > Elieson > ForcedUnvote

scorri: CT075 > Unvote > Shinori > Unvote

Delirium: Elieson > ForcedUnvote > Helios

eclipse: Helios > Rapier

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch outright. You have 4 hours and 40 minutes left in the day.

Edited by Manix

Having reread the whole thread, I actually have a lot of null reads, and some scum reads, such as Helios, Rapier, and Core (slight). Right now, @Helios: That's just how I play. I don't really think I'm parking my vote since I think you're scummy?

That's fine, but I'm not sure how else to defend myself against you seeing as I'm pretty sure I answered your questions about me earlier.

@Core: I wouldn't say given up, just a less priority. Right now IMO Rapier and Iris look scummier so I've been focusing more on them.

Ugh ok we have 4 hours left to decide this guys. Right now Helios has 1 more vote than Rapier. I am not going to tie it up right now when I don't know who all will be back by end of phase or if I will even be back by end of phase (dinner and family time soon).

Summaries of arguments against the two people:

Rapier: General lack of content, list post late in phase without comments on a couple of people

Helios: general fluff posts at the start, list post that basically said no one seemed scummy, flip flopping pretty badly, seeming to try and divert attention off of himself

Helios did have what seemed like a rather opportunistic wagon build on him though, and I'm not 100% sure I want this wagon to be executed today. I think at this point I'd rather see Rapier lynched and try and deal with Helios tomorrow since he has been contributing more to discussion that hasn't been horrible fluff in the second half of the phase. So... that's where my thoughts are at.

Okay, looks like everyone here is leaning towards a Rapier lynch? All right with that.

That's fine, but I'm not sure how else to defend myself against you seeing as I'm pretty sure I answered your questions about me earlier.

Despite you answering my questions, I just found you scummy esp. because of performance. Considering I'm definitely considering a Rapier lynch (unless his defense is uber!amazing or etc.) you have time to change my opinion.

Votals:

Iris (1): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere, Helios

Aere (0): Elieson, CT075

Rapier (3): Aere, eclipse, Aere, Iris

Delirium (0): Strider, Elieson

Strider (0): Iris

Elieson (0): Paperblade, Rapier, Helios, Delirium

Strider (0): Paperblade

Helios (2): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris, Delirium

Not voting: Rapier, scorri

Voting History:

Paperblade: Iris > Elieson > Strider > Helios > Shinori

Helios: Shinori > Unvote > Elieson > Unvote > Shinori > Iris

Elieson: Aere > CT075 > Core

Aere: Rapier > Iris > Unvote > Rapier

CT075: Aere > Unvote > scorri

Strider: Delirium > Unvote > CT075

Iris: Strider > CT075 > Unvote > Helios > Rapier

Shinori: Iris > Helios

Rapier: Shinori > Elieson > ForcedUnvote

scorri: CT075 > Unvote > Shinori > Unvote

Delirium: Elieson > ForcedUnvote > Helios

eclipse: Helios > Rapier

2 hours remain in Day One!

Edited by Manix

Iris, who do you think is mafia? You look like you're trying to sway with the majority...and I don't understand why.

You said you preferred a Helios lynch. Does Rapier's lack of a response make him the better lynch target?