TearRing Saga: The Draft.

Wen Yang

You mean two holes. Zeek leaves tooooo. Still, not bad. Overall pretty pleased.

VP Viper: Raffin, Zeek, Narron, Frau, Rishel, Ezekiel, Mintz, Bud, Zacharia, Leteena.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obligatory Team Analysis post:

Vega: Shramm. Also will help me get Rukuud. Fun times for my swordies~

Julia: More swordie fun. I think Rukuud is going to her.

Sun: Narron lite, much cuter too. Will likely murder some eyeballs and quickly become a killing machine.

Alicia: ORKO machine. Brenthunder + Sylpheed.

Meriah: Aura Rain. Starlight. She doesn't really need anything more.

Raquel: EXP-feeding Runan and whoever else needs exp early on, killing machine later on.

Ruka: Blood sacrifice.

Verna: Eh, comes late but should be pretty usable.

Billford: Better than the alternatives I guess.

Rina: Not sure I'm even going to bother recruiting her.

Let's see the spoils :

Ryunan : Footsie swordsman, seize to win

Kreiss : Earlygame powerhouse, hopefully building enough Strength and Defense to be a good outdoors unit

Garo : Grows well, but late skills and 4 movement ;/

Barts : Crushing offense, decent bulk and some earlygame

Enteh : Heals

Plum : Heals, dances, Defense staff

Mahter : Flight, some combat, some tanking post promotion

Norton : Tanking, hopefully can promote

Katri : Heals and summons

Yuni : Saves time in "open chests to win", especially chapter 16

Holmes : Best lord ever

Shigen : Holmes' buttbuddy

Lionel : Best offensive footsie

Krisheen : Item thief I guess

Lyria : Heals, sings, Power staff

Rofarl : All of the weapons

Leonheart : Decent filler

Sierra : Warp, only offensive mage

Renee : Heals, summons, warps, anti-evil, good thing she's free

Sennet/Tia : Last chapter musts

Alfred : Last chapter filler

Fairly decent overall. Good luck gentlemen.

Edited by Dio

Estelle: Joins early and weak, but can be useful if trained. good thing Knight Proof is acquired at Map 3. :D

Rennie: Joins mid at a low level, comes with Charge and learns the Elite skill. shouldn't be tough to train, plus she may gain 1 movement upon leveling up.

Xeno: Early joining sword footie

Samson: Best axe-user, and learns awesome skills

Lee: decent base stats, uses tomes and staves, and he gives Plum a Defense Staff.

Rebecca: Healer with Summon skill, which is useful for annoying Map 26A/B cause both of them have hidden enemies.

Yoda: Filler

Sharon: another Kate who joins at Map 10

Narsus: Finds hidden items at map 25 and opens chests.

Hagaru: Joins late, has Elite and Continue skill. but has 3 movement. @__@

My team seems alright to me.

Started!

Map 1: 7/7

Runan gets the Seafarer skill while the Cavs and Runan pick up items and trade them to Runan while waiting for the Bridge to come up. Meanwhile, Garo goes as far as he can. Runan rushes once the bridge comes up.

I've literally never touched TRS in my life. I used Dio to help with my drafting. Let's have fun! :D

I've only played around halfway through; it's cool.

I ragequit when Zeek left, and then never came back to the game.

Map 2: 9/16

I don't think this can be done any faster while recruiting Plum. I had Enteh full move towards to the village every turn. Raffin and free!Barts killed stuff while Ezekiel and Garo lugged their way over south. Raffin had to go south before going towards the boss because they were so slowwwww.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

20:26 - Twilight Sparkle: now I'm risking PATCHING THE ISO

20:26 - Twilight Sparkle: fire in the hole

20:26 - Doga: backup

20:26 - Doga: always have one

20:26 - Twilight Sparkle: still got the .rar

20:26 - Twilight Sparkle: s

20:26 - Doga: and then they get CORRUPTED

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: lol

20:27 - Doga: by the patch's influence

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: ENTERBRAIN LOGO

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: CONTINUE NEW GAME VERSUS MODE

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: \o/

20:27 - Doga: a winner is you

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: we are go

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: finally

20:27 - Twilight Sparkle: fuck

long story short it took me like an hour and a half

Map 3: 8/24

Since this is the first time I'm playing this game with a limited amount of units, I'm actually surprised how decent Garo is. His movement and hit are low, but he ORKOs just about everything and has good durability. Anyways, Raffin rushed ahead a bit, but not only could he not double with the Hand Spear, his durability was questionable, so he was still not in fighting range until the second turn. Due to a positioning mistake, I also lost my CHARM, as it was destroyed protecting Runan.

Map 4: 11/35

Runan moves southwest as fast as he can while Raffin runs ahead and clears the way. Julia recruits Vega so that he doesn't kill me and then she helps Mahter block off Roger, although Raffin still has to go one or two rounds with him.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

No, village-visits are not allowed. Just shops and armories.

Exception is when you do that to recruit a character of course.

Map 1: 8/8 turns.

Runan and Garo grabs items, then rushes out ASAP. Kate and Sasha runs away, while Arkiss and Kreiss stays where they are. Runan took a bit of a beating, but Luz chose to attack Garo for some reason and got his ass kicked. Runan killed the last Archer on turn 8 PP. BBM, how did you get 7 turns on this map? o_O

Name	Class		Level	HP	Str	Skl	Agi	Def	Mag	Lck	Wlv
Runan	Knight Lord	3.41	22	7	6	8	4	0	4	6
Garo	Pirate		8.40	36	11	4	11	6	0	1	12

Edited by Kopfjager

I was under the impression that undrafted characters could visit houses, so I had Arkis and Kreiss pick up the items instead of Garo, and had him go straight down over the water. But I haven't used the Herb yet at all, and had I set it up that way, Runan could have gotten the Seafarer, Charm, and Shield villages by himself and still been beside the bridge when it opened. I can restart if you want me to, but I'm quite sure that a 7-turn with 3/5 villages is possible with only Runan and Garo.

Keep in mind Map 3 is the same as Map 1, and if the Sea Fighter skill house hasn't been visited, you can try to give it to someone, perhaps some of your other units.

Then again there's a lot of villages to visit and so little time. Some of them have really cool shit too.

Well, you have more swordies than I do, so the 50-kill Iron Sword is much more helpful for you than me. I didn't really care about it.

In Map 3 I visited everything except the LUK up which I didn't care about with just Runan and Ezekiel though.

Map 2: 15/23 turns.

Runan and Garo and Ruka goes straight for the Boss while Enteh and Barts makes their way to the Village. Julia gets the MHP+, chugs it down, and proceeded to rape all the bandits heading to the village. The hard part however, was clearing the bandits clogging up the road to the Boss. And THEN hitting the bloody boss himself. Several rounds of missing ensues before Runan finally lands the killing blow.

Runan	Knight Lord	7.5	24	8	7	11	7	1	5	8
Enteh	Cleric		3.0	15	0	5	8	1	7	7	8
Plum	Priest		1.0	18	0	2	3	1	4	6	4
Julia	Myrmidon	2.89	28	4	10	12	3	0	5	9
Luca	Bowman		2.98	19	4	5	8	2	0	1	6
Garo	Pirate		9.81	37	12	4	11	6	0	1	12

Map 3: 8/31 turns.

Killing off the charging cavs was the toughest part. I managed to get all the villages before putting Garo into the enemy commander's range and let the commander attack him, killing himself to Garo's poleaxe.

Runan	Knight Lord	7.79	24	8	7	11	7	1	5	8
Enteh	Cleric		3.72	15	0	5	8	1	7	7	8
Plum	Priest		1.65	18	0	2	3	1	4	6	4
Julia	Myrmidon	5.15	28	6	12	15	5	0	6	10
Luca	Bowman		3.95	20	4	6	9	2	0	2	6
Garo	Pirate		11.79	38	12	5	12	6	0	1	13

Edited by Kopfjager

BEGIN

1: 7 turns clear = 7 turns total

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON but it's actually pretty damn good looking for a PS1 game wow.

EDIT: lol i accidentally saved over my save while dicking around but my new clear should also be 7 turns so ok

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

I just started and finished the first map, This is my first time doing a draft, so I don't know if I'm doing it right.

Map 1: 8 Turns

I was visiting the villages with Runan and Garo while I wait for the bridge to come down. After that, I recruited Sasha and Kate, then I moved them away, so Runan and Garo take out the enemies. On the 8th turn, there was three enemies left standing, I took out the boss using Runan, Garo ORKO'd a soldier, and since Kate was free for Map 1, I let her kill the last soldier. Luckily, that soldier was standing behind the boss, I used trade on Runan and took an Iron Sword, I checked to see if she'll ORKO and she just did.

Edited by Ryunan