What video game has the worst hitbox?

Gold Vanguard

Hahh in a way I feel like this is actually an ok topic for once! But I can't really remember...

-WCIII: For various custom games, certain AOE attacks won't have their hitboxes well adjusted to their animations. I believe that Carrion Swarm might have also had a fairly dumb hitbox towards the tip...been a long time though!

+Also, why can't Tauren whack air units with their poles?

-Any platforming game where you can stand on a ledge with 1/10 of one foot while the rest of your body is completely extended outwards for hours on end.

Also,

-While it's not exactly a "hitbox," frontmission 4 has some of the most realistic "collision detection" I've seen in a strategy game. IIRC, if firing around a corner to your right with two weapons, for instance, a weapon in the left hand will have better accuracy than a weapon in the right hand.

Edited by L1049

I was playing Threads of Fate the other day. The combat hitboxes are alright but occasionally unresponsive. But the worst area by far is Fancy Mel's atelier and the platforming games from hell. Jumping on the swings and other small, moving platforms is harder than it has any right to be. Maybe it's more the problem of floaty physics, but the walkable area of the platforms often leads to infuriating drops off the edge.

• 7 years later...

Usually, this isn't something I take note of. However, Dauntless's hitboxes, at least during the open beta when I played, were horrid.

Monster hitboxes against the player were often bigger than their actual animations.

Worse, the large weapons swung by the player would frequently fail to connect. And given that, like Monster Hunter, breaking specific body parts for crafting materials is important....