How did you feel on your first day of school?

Gold Vanguard

Middle school everyone was in a new school and my classes were great with all great people, one of my best years of school (middle school here starts grade 7).

Btw, grade 8 was horrible but grade 9 was great, grade 10 pretty good, and easy as hell.

I'm feeling pretty negative about next year, though...

• 3 weeks later...

"I can't wait until this is over" were my thoughts. I hated school ever since I started it (Grade-K?). I left school after I finished 6th grade and taught myself, funny I turned out doing better then what the school taught in everything except math (Because I'm terrible at math).

• 2 weeks later...

First day of university...

First thing that comes to mind is holy crap there is an inordinate amount of walking. I think i got used to it by now. Also, the classes don't feel too extremely different from high school other than the fact the teacher (i guess i should say professor?) doesn't give a fuck about what you are doing as long as you are not disrupting his lecture (though thats annoying when you are trying to listen to the professor and the stupid bastards infront of you decide to start talking softly enough so that they don't disrupt the professor but loud enough to annoy the crap out of me). I also have a lot of assignments which is annoying (its four a week but I feel like they take forever to complete). In any case pretty used to them by now except physics lecture because i don't know why i go there, no time to write anything (though you can just download it) and its assignments online really suck.

Run to class to get there super early in the 10 minutes between classes because if you don't you'll be stuck with the back-seats and can't see anything ahead of you ahhhhhhh!

Edited by SlayerX

I choose to answer through the medium of song lyrics.

First Day of Pre-School: I love you, you love me. We're a happy family!

First Day of School: All you need to understand is everything you know is wroo~~~~~oonnngg!

First Day of High-School: Run to the hi~~~~~~~~lllllss!!! Run for! Your! Liiii~~~~ffee!!

First Day of University: NOW YOU'RE A MAYUN!!!!

Edited by Samven

Elementary: Cried on the second day because I knew no one and all the kids were mean because I was smarter than all of them.

I'm a catholic school brat so I was in the same school until high school.

High School: Nervous, but I got over it within a week.

College: FUCK YEAH I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR UNIFORMS ANYMORE

Well, since today was first day of film class I'll share. First off my teacher use to work for the history channel but had to move to Oregon due to not wanting to raise a child in NYC so I guess that's kinda interesting. I have one fairly attractive girl and one super cute girl in my class. Finally I thought this was going to be like any other film making class/program I've done but nope they were talking about stuff I had no clue about. So, in the end this should be an interesting term.

Hmm...

Preschool: Was a Catholic preschool despite my dad being an atheist. Don't remember much about it, except being upset about not being able to be in pageants and plays.

Elementary school: Spent one day every week in the "gifted" kids class, doing absolutely nothing productive. Spent the first 15 minutes of every lunch hour in the classroom doing homework left unfinished... Don't really remember the very first day, only that I was shy.

High school part 1: Pretty much knew everyone, because it was a block away from my elementary school, but I met new friends around my locker who found out I drew dirty pictures because I made no effort to hide them. It was my first experience with lockers and I basically used them as a dumping receptacle with no regards to order or function. Lots of teachers already knew me because they knew my sister.

High school part 2: Since my other school only went from grades 8-10, I had to go to a school much further away. Hated taking the bus instead of being in walking distance. I was pretty lonely but hung out with old friends, and met some new ones through them. Still friends with the people I hung out with in grade 12. My english teacher remembered my sister, but that's about it, compared to back in the day when everyone knew my sister.

College, the first three years: Hated it. Went to orientation and I suck at socializing, so I didn't meet anyone new. Three years of classes I didn't care about and almost dropped out.

College, the 4th year: Changed programs. Met a bunch of like-minded people and became fast friends. I actually showed up for classes instead of skipping 80% of them!

College, this year: Back to school with the same people. Dove right into actual school work. Things have been going well, but my school days are loooong. I enjoy it, though.

For me, it's changed over time.

PRIMARY

1st day of primary school 1: Excited as all hell. Sickeningly so.

1st day of primary school 2: Somewhat nervous, as this one was much larger than my previous school and I didn't really know why we had changed schools.

1st day of primary school 3: Don't remember.

HIGH

1st day of high school 1: Glad to be out of primary school and away from people I hated.

1st day of high school 2: Thought that going back to school would end disastrously.

Edited by Blasied