FE7if and FE8another Related Questions

Sovereign

Alright, so this FE7if, it looks pretty cool, but was there ever a page or a forum it was ever discussed on?

And I was talking with a guy, he told me about FE8another, and was wondering if it was made by the same person?

Final question is if the animations in FE7if were free to use with credit, but I wouldn't know where to start on who to credit...

FE7if was made by a Japanese hacking community, so there's no thread here, as far as I know. They actually stole a few portraits from some SF artists (Vampire Elf and Jealousy, to name a few) without permission from said artists so the SF hacking community's general opinion of them is... not that great. I don't believe their battle animations are free to use... but tit-for-tat, you sons of bitches!

I've only ever heard of FE8 Another, can't seem to seem any YT videos or anything so can't help you there.

Edited by Agro

FE7if was made by a Japanese hacking community, so there's no thread here, as far as I know. They actually stole a few portraits from some SF artists (Vampire Elf and Jealousy, to name a few) without permission from said artists so the SF hacking community's general opinion of them is... not that great. I don't believe their battle animations are free to use... but tit-for-tat, you sons of bitches!

I've only ever heard of FE8 Another, can't seem to seem any YT videos or anything so can't help you there.

I have the link to FE8another, I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet, too pre-occupied, but I plan on trying it out tomorrow. I was told not to, but meh. Tit-for-tat made me rofl... And an ACTUAL community hack? Good shit. We've only tried that a million times in a million different places, and the closest we've gotten is The Last Promise, which wasn't really a community effort.

Well, by "made by a community" I don't mean it was a community hack per se, since the community could have only been about 5 people. But as I understand it, it was made by a group of people, so... yeah. Dream of Five actually started out as a community hack although it's arguably become just a team effort i dunno i'll let them offer their own opinion since the bulk of the work is handled by a select group

I'm pretty sure most of their work is done on 2ch which is available only to Japanese IPs so unless one of us somehow moves to Japan we can't really access it :/

Edit: hey look, I'm in. this place is a mess :|

Edited by Agro