Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

okay, anything in here is common knowledge in this point and from an impartial standpoint.

Format is Game - Role name (Role abilities) - Name (Alignment) - Fate

Tales of Vesperia - Kratos (Day Jail w kill/Announcer/2-shot inspect) - Rein (Town) - Killed N1

Train Mafia II - Kira (SK/Protect) - Kay

Pokemon Tactical Game - ??? - Helios

Theatre Mafia - Rick (Alliance Checker) - Elieson

Agent Minimafia - Len (Jailer) - Tyrant Sage

JB's FE10 Mafia - Kurthnaga (Doc/Courier) - Manix

MtG Mafia - Unclaimed - (Probably Shinori)

Shining Force Mafia - Zuika (2-shot anyvig) - Anouleth - Shot twice D2

Sacred Stones Mafia - Lute (Jack (doc/cop/vig/hook)) - scorri

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia - Ho-Oh (3-shot temp reviver) - Clipsey (Town) - Killed N1

Touhou Mafia - Fujiwara no Mokou (Deathproof variant) - Aere (Mafia) - Vigged D2

Carnival Phantasm Mafia - Hisui and Kohaku (QA/Announcer) - Psych (Town) - Killed N2

Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 - SDS (Masshook/Lynch doc) - BBM (Mafia) - Vigged D2

Duel Terminal 2 - Mist Valley Watcher (Tracker/Watcher) - Snike

Choral Mafia 2 - Sami (Jack (kill/protect/inspect/hook/alignscan)) - Marth (Town) - Lynched D2

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia - Kamen Rider Scissors (PGO) - Prims

Mafia of the Manly Men - Charles de Guise (Rolecop) - Cam (Town) - Killed N2

Schoolgirl Mafia - ??? - Rocker

Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Rine the Ronin (Slowcop/Nexus) - Bal

I looked up Snike's role name through reading DT2 postgame and matching with what was claimed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Vote: rocker64 (L-4)

Suspect I'll support this lynch over Shinori unless claim shenanigans happen, but still, fullclaim (and when you're done catching up, post your reads).

Upon looking for Roleblockers, I found these three roles in MtG. They are all JoaT types, but they fit the bill

Dear Foreigner,

You are Father, Homunculus.

You are the original homunculus from the series Full Metal Alchemist. You convinced the king of Xerxes you could give him eternal life by turning his entire kingdom into an alchemical transmutation circle. As it turns out, the center you told him was slightly off. It wasn't him--it was you. So you got a nice new body and some immortality to boot, and headed on west to Amestris to perform the same thing there--this time to absorb the Truth and become a god.

You have seven children, each named for one of the seven deadly sins. At night and day, you may send Paperblade and Kay a PM entitled "Night/Day X - Actions."

In this PM, you may include any combination of the following actions (including multiples):

"Sending 5 children to redirect ALIAS1 to ALIAS2." ALIAS1 will be coerced into targeting ALIAS2 with his night action. This does not redirect faction kills.

"Sending 4 children to stop ALIAS's progress." ALIAS's night action will fail.

"Sending 2 children to bribe ALIAS to say what I want." Describe a post restriction that does not prevent ALIAS from voting. This post restriction will be enforced upon ALIAS under threat of death for the following day/night cycle, both on the anonymous forums and in the SF thread.

The number of children sent out on a given phase cannot exceed seven, as you don't have more than seven. If a child is sent out to perform an action, they cannot be sent out the following phase.

Additionally, as long as at least one child is not either resting or out performing an action, you cannot be killed. However, the first attempt on your life in this manner will weaken you to the point where you will have to reabsorb your children to survive, causing you to lose your above abilities.

You are allied with the Black Planeswalkers. You win if the Green Planeswalkers and the White Planeswalkers are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is alive.

JoAT redirector/RB/Post Restrictor

-----------

Dear Dire Straits,

You are Spock, Science Officer.

You are the science officer serving under Captain James T. Kirk on the Enterprise from the original Star Trek series (aka the best one, fuck Picard). You are highly logical, and oftentimes struggle to understand the emotional and irrational responses from your friends.

At night, you may send Paperblade and Kay a PM entitled "Night X - Making ALIAS complete the Kobayashi Maru." ALIAS will spend the entire night trying to complete that simulator. Unfortunately, it's impossible, and ALIAS will waste his night doing nothing instead.

During the day, you may send Paperblade and Kay a PM entitled "Day X - Live long and prosper." Everyone will take this advice to heart, stopping the lynch, no matter who it's targeting. You may only use this ability once per game.

You are allied with the Blue Planeswalkers. You win if the Red Planeswalkers and the Green Planeswalkers are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is alive.

Roleblocker/Gov

You are Garruk Wildspeaker, Wild Son.

When you were twelve, the local Sheriff tried to conscript you into the army. Your father told you to run, and so you did. Years later, you came out of the forest and rampaged through town, demanding to see your father. When you learned he had been dead for years, you killed the Sheriff, took his helmet as your own, and returned to the wild.

At night, you may send Paperblade and Kay a PM entitled "Night X - Guarding ALIAS." You and your beasts will stand around ALIAS looking menacing, warding off any killers.

During the day, you may send Paperblade and Kay a PM entitled "Day X - Sending a BEAST at ALIAS." You may choose from one of the following BEASTs:

Tarmogoyf - The mighty Tarmogoyf takes no shit from anyone, preventing ALIAS from performing their day action.

Wild Mongrel - ALIAS will be protected from all day actions.

Wild Nacatl - ALIAS will be unable to post for the following day/night cycle.

Basking Rootwalla - Any actions targeting ALIAS will target you instead.

Vengevine - You will make an extra, secret vote for ALIAS.

You may only send a given BEAST once per game.

You are allied with the Green Planeswalkers. You win if the Blue Planeswalkers and the Black Planeswalkers are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is alive.

JoAT RB/DayFullprotector/Silencer/Lightning Rod/HiddenMayor

Reorganized for Alive/Dead

Format is Game - Role name (Role abilities) - Name (Alignment) - Fate<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Alive<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Train Mafia II - Kira (SK/Protect) - Kay <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Pokemon Tactical Game - ??? - Helios<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Theatre Mafia - Rick (Alliance Checker) - Elieson<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Agent Minimafia - Len (Jailer) - Tyrant Sage <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">JB's FE10 Mafia - Kurthnaga (Doc/Courier) - Manix <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">MtG Mafia - Unclaimed - (Probably Shinori)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Shining Force Mafia - Zuika (2-shot anyvig) - Anouleth - Shot twice D2<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Sacred Stones Mafia - Lute (Jack (doc/cop/vig/hook)) - scorri \<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Duel Terminal 2 - Mist Valley Watcher (Tracker/Watcher) - Snike<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia - Kamen Rider Scissors (PGO) - Prims\<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Schoolgirl Mafia - ??? - Rocker<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Rine the Ronin (Slowcop/Nexus) - Bal

Dead

Tales of Vesperia - Kratos (Day Jail w kill/Announcer/2-shot inspect) - Rein (Town) - Killed N1

Choral Mafia 2 - Sami (Jack (kill/protect/inspect/hook/alignscan)) - Marth (Town) - Lynched D2<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia - Ho-Oh (3-shot temp reviver) - Clipsey (Town) - Killed N1 <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Touhou Mafia - Fujiwara no Mokou (Deathproof variant) - Aere (Mafia) - Vigged D2<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Carnival Phantasm Mafia - Hisui and Kohaku (QA/Announcer) - Psych (Town) - Killed N2<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 - SDS (Masshook/Lynch doc) - BBM (Mafia) - Vigged D2

Format is Game - Role name (Role abilities) - Name (Alignment) - Fate

Alive:

Train Mafia II - Kira (SK/Protect) - Kay

Pokemon Tactical Game - ??? - Helios

Theatre Mafia - Rick (Alliance Checker) - Elieson

Agent Minimafia - Len (Jailer) - Tyrant Sage

JB's FE10 Mafia - Kurthnaga (Doc/Courier) - Manix

MtG Mafia - Unclaimed - (Probably Shinori)

Shining Force Mafia - Zuika (2-shot anyvig) - Anouleth - Shot twice D2

Sacred Stones Mafia - Lute (Jack (doc/cop/vig/hook)) - scorri

Duel Terminal 2 - Mist Valley Watcher (Tracker/Watcher) - Snike

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia - Kamen Rider Scissors (PGO) - Prims

Schoolgirl Mafia - ??? - Rocker

Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Rine the Ronin (Slowcop/Nexus) - Bal

Dead:

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia - Ho-Oh (3-shot temp reviver) - Clipsey (Town) - Killed N1

Choral Mafia 2 - Sami (Jack (kill/protect/inspect/hook/alignscan)) - Marth (Town) - Lynched D2

Carnival Phantasm Mafia - Hisui and Kohaku (QA/Announcer) - Psych (Town) - Killed N2

Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 - SDS (Masshook/Lynch doc) - BBM (Mafia) - Vigged D2

Touhou Mafia - Fujiwara no Mokou (Deathproof variant) - Aere (Mafia) - Vigged D2

fixed that for you Elie

I would also like to hear Thoughts From Balcerzak that aren't just a claim. This game is kinda stagnating.

I think Annouleth is pro.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to disappoint you here man. I haven't read Day 1 yet, but Day 2 was pretty amusing. I've been working through backwards, which is not something I usually do, and probably isn't going to work, but hey, it was worth a try.

Here's a bit more though, in case you're curious. Apparently Rapier was actually the Ronin in EO Mafia originally, it sort of fits he'd want to reprise a role he was familiar with/enjoyed? I dunno.

As for "restrictions" I don't know anything about that, all I see here in the pm is

"You are a town role. You are 19th to draft. You are allied with the Cereal Killers." etc. So I guess less restrictive is an understatement.

It also makes sense from a building perspective, if you have a lot of restrictions on the last to draft it could make it impossible for them, so you make the most restrictions on the first drafters.

Obviously it's not extremely helpful, and typical Balcerzak "games rules meta" bullshit, but yeah, deal with it. sunglasses.gif

The other note is, Helios actually manning up and putting in all that effort yesterday instead of just folding under the "near to hammer" pressure gives him good cred in my eyes. While not inherently a town or antitown move, it's the sign of a playerspot that makes the game continue to be entertaining and not, as you aptly put it, fall to stagnation.

Even considering we're not going to lynch him until a tailor turns up dead, this is further evidence why I probably won't vote for him.

I guess I should ISO our two main scumleads for today (as established by OoE) and put down a vote. That will help contribute.

I think Annouleth is pro.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to disappoint you here man. I haven't read Day 1 yet, but Day 2 was pretty amusing. I've been working through backwards, which is not something I usually do, and probably isn't going to work, but hey, it was worth a try.

Here's a bit more though, in case you're curious. Apparently Rapier was actually the Ronin in EO Mafia originally, it sort of fits he'd want to reprise a role he was familiar with/enjoyed? I dunno.

As for "restrictions" I don't know anything about that, all I see here in the pm is

"You are a town role. You are 19th to draft. You are allied with the Cereal Killers." etc. So I guess less restrictive is an understatement.

It also makes sense from a building perspective, if you have a lot of restrictions on the last to draft it could make it impossible for them, so you make the most restrictions on the first drafters.

Obviously it's not extremely helpful, and typical Balcerzak "games rules meta" bullshit, but yeah, deal with it. sunglasses.gif

The other note is, Helios actually manning up and putting in all that effort yesterday instead of just folding under the "near to hammer" pressure gives him good cred in my eyes. While not inherently a town or antitown move, it's the sign of a playerspot that makes the game continue to be entertaining and not, as you aptly put it, fall to stagnation.

Even considering we're not going to lynch him until a tailor turns up dead, this is further evidence why I probably won't vote for him.

I guess I should ISO our two main scumleads for today (as established by OoE) and put down a vote. That will help contribute.

being 19th out of 19...it seems appropriate that you'd have the freedom of choice moreso than anyone else. It's almost hard to believe "You are a town role"...so massive.

ok. I think i've seen what I need to see. There's 2 things I think at this point.

1) if scorri is indeed town, and was roleblocked, than Shinori or Rocker roleblocked her.

2) if my scan on Helios was correct, it needs to be proven by eliminating means of my scan being incorrect.

As far as I can tell, only Rocker fits as suspect both categories, based on the information before us.

##Vote Rocker64

Hi I'm back. Cabrera just won the first triple crown in 45 years, and there were some other crazy baseball games going on today since it's the last games of the year before the postseason. Then a friend of mine got into a car accident so he called me for emotional support and stuff.

So I see everyone's claiming stuff. I'm Jasmine, Town Bodyguard from Pokemon Tactical Game. I protect people with my awesome Steelix so don't hate. I thought scorri might get killed because vig so I targeted her last night.

@Elieson: I'm not sure if you just scumslipped there with that second point you made about Rocker. " if my scan on Helios was correct, it needs to be proven by eliminating means of my scan being incorrect." It's not like I really think you're scum or anything, it's just that the line sounds weird to me for some reason. Could you explain what you're thinking by that? Is it just that you're implying he's a tailor because he's claiming from Schoolgirl Mafia (basically Scorri's theory)?

Wanna hear more from Bal when he decides to read everything (if I could do it so could you!) because I'm not getting much of a read off him yet. Same thing with Shinori.

I don't like Tyrant Sage right now, for reasons I stated previously. He hasn't done much to change my thoughts, and I'm not sure if I 100% buy his claim right now either, but that's a different matter. I'm gonna abstain from voting for now because it seems like Rocker has enough votes on him atm, and I want to see what he has to say/claim.

Huh. Does anyone know if there were any undrafted (at that time) games with better Tailor roles?

Not off hand, mostly because two things:

1) I don't have a lot of memory of really past games

2) the Shiki role from Schoolgirl is quite possibly the best tailor type role I've seen (because of the second ability tagged onto it). I say this because I would have picked it if I could of (tip: I couldn't)

Not off hand, mostly because two things:

1) I don't have a lot of memory of really past games

2) the Shiki role from Schoolgirl is quite possibly the best tailor type role I've seen (because of the second ability tagged onto it). I say this because I would have picked it if I could of (tip: I couldn't)

Yeah, good point. But, uh, why would you have picked it?

I had to pick a non investigative, non killing role, that affected votes.

Therefore I picked John Yossarian. I have yet to pick my extra .1 vote for today, but we can easily test my role with this if we want.

So confirmable role, basically? Cool beans. That basically narrows our lynch today down to rocker on PoE but I wouldn't mind hearing his reads / claim first just in case, assuming he has any.

Should send in your anonyvote sooner rather than later so we know you aren't BSing us, though.