Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought your slot was scummier. Then BBM/You both claimed Lute. Then losing-his-cool BBM lost his cool, so I thought he was scummier. Then he flipped scum, and suspicions on you kinda died.

Right. So. Thank you. At the start of D2, most people believed that I was the scummier out of our two slots. True? So, between BBM and me, it was more likely that if we had both come in, claimed Sacred Stones as our game, I would have been more likely to have been lynched due to more people suspecting me. If I had been killed first (which would probably have been BBM's assumption when he cc'd me) it would have been shown that I was telling the truth about my game (regardless of my alignment) which would have then gotten BBM lynched. Why would a scum!BBM cc a scum!me for my game when it was more likely that I would be lynched first? Keep in mind his role (lynch doctor) was still able to be used and quite probably much more useful than a JoAT for mafia.

I was going to say something about Elie being clear, but then I realized that tailor is still a possibility and could be faking alignment/role from Bal's scan

=> Possible faked result on Helios

=> fuck this shit too many possibilities (Bal could be faking, Elie could have been tailored, Helios could have been tailored)

This came up because I was worried about the amount of tunneling Elie is doing on scorri right now (and was originally going to say it's only a concern, until I thought of the above)

something isn't right

I was going to say something about Elie being clear, but then I realized that tailor is still a possibility and could be faking alignment/role from Bal's scan

=> Possible faked result on Helios

=> fuck this shit too many possibilities (Bal could be faking, Elie could have been tailored, Helios could have been tailored)

This came up because I was worried about the amount of tunneling Elie is doing on scorri right now (and was originally going to say it's only a concern, until I thought of the above)

something isn't right

Now I see how ridiculous I look when I get on crackpot theory mode. I'm just theorizing under the assumption that what scorri said was true, but I haven't even voted her, I'm just looking for a slip. Hence, the same motivation is behind my current tunneling that was behind me recently asking Rocker to out his N1 results. Had he said "I targetted Strider, and saw X visit him", well then we'd know something was most certainly up, especially since he subbed in, and could have possibly overlooked the Masshook thing (Something along the lines of what Prims did to scorri not long after she subbed in)

and then hence my paranoid!townie comment above you

remember CPM where I thought the stupidbroken!QA might have been scum? Yeah. I'm being like that again.

eh, I dunno, I'm not quite feeling the scorri case, barring extreme hypotheticals like I used in that previous post

I don't think it's worth dealing with scorri until D4 because of ~reasons~

Elie: You continue to miss my point. If you had been faced with BBM claiming the same mafia as me, and only your knowledge from D1, not Prims leading the lynch on BBM, who would you have voted for?

I thought your slot was scummier. Then BBM/You both claimed Lute. Then losing-his-cool BBM lost his cool, so I thought he was scummier. Then he flipped scum, and suspicions on you kinda died.

I already mentioned this.

And I guess you're right. I'm trying to think of something though, and though I'm not surprised you're trying to defend yourself, at least it's engaging discussion to weed out things that are unlikely possibilities. It's better than sitting here with my notepad, contemplating by myself, when I'm probably overlooking something really obvious.

All I'm trying to say is that either BBM and scum!me assumed that someone would lead the lynch against him instead of me and that we'd sack the more useful role (lynch doc is *useful*) or it doesn't make much sense for me to be scum since if I, who was the more suspicious at the start of the phase, was lynched before him it'd be seen that he was lying. *shrug*

Well, there goes my idea that everyone was possibly telling the truth about their roleclaims, yarg.

Gah, now I need to try to figure out who's roles are provable. TO MICROSOFT EXCEL!

Actually, I don't need to really do that. Sadly, only Anouleth is provable, as he's fired at faces twice. Others are situationally provable. The only ones that aren't really provable are Prims x Rocker, as passive/resultless accordingly (well, from my end anyway).

Too many possibilities! Too many theories to crackpot over! ONE OF THEM MUST BE RIGHT, BUT WHICH!

Notice this: Scorri is continuing to act at least as townish now that she looks much less suspicious. She hasn't really done anything scummy, IMO, just her predecessor. It makes perfect sense for her to not claim all her actions. I'd say there are better people to go after.

I'm trying to piece together a plan for something tonight (and wheeee I'm probably going to die)

the problem lies in the possible scum!hook which annoys the crap out of me

hmmmmmmmm

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the requirement for the plan that I have (since there's no safeguard (seriously guys you suck))

I want to wait until the night to out it (might get a RB lynch which would make me feel better about outing the plan)

15 pages in. If you would like me to post any of my reads so far, i can. (I'm logging off after this and won't be returning until tomorrow though.)

Well, there is this.