Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

[spoiler=Prims quote 1]

I'm obviously not too enthralled with the idea of lynching myself.

Snike's case against me has a lot of grasping for this point in the game. Yes, I tried to shut down Manix's line of inquiry because I read it as paranoid. If Sage had anything to add he could do so, and he did.

54 post gap doesn't mean as much as the time (roughly 22 hours) and what happened in between (Kay wagon crumbling, so you'd have to move off).

1. You literally just ignored the safeguard point. I am not sure how to argue to support that point when it isn't even addressed.

2. And applying someone else's meta to me/ suggesting that I'm scummy because I wasn't nightkilled in the second night of the game isn't grasping? (#1246)

3. Why so early? Like, he literally posted that and in under a minute you went and shut him down. No mention of paranoia, anywhere. There wasn't even a chance given for Sage to further elaborate. There other issue here is that second sentence. He didn't add onto his reasoning, that was you, chronologically. Unless you count the retroactive agreement that he just made in #1382. But that was after this post.

4. Onto another person with a wagon of 1. Instead of pushing an Elieson lynch, which appeared to be an easy mislynch at the time. I was also the person who truly started the wagon on Aere, the unviggable/1 time lynchproof mafia. Tell me why I'd bus my buddy so early when there are subjectively better lynch targets ripe for the picking.

[spoiler=Prims quote 2]

Also, if you guys are gonna try and pull the redirection bullshit, the only possible redirector scumbuddy is rocker. In fact there's not much reason for Snike to be enforcing my lynch over rocker's right now, except for over such stunning jabs as "Prims tried to stop Manix from being paranoid" and Snike trying to pass off a small gap in posts as the same thing as a small gap in time / content (content can be compressed into 54 posts and games don't have to be active).

There isn't much reason to really enforce lynching me over rocker either aside from nonexistent scumminess and "stunning jabs" such as "Snike switches bandwagons because his wagon obviously isn't going to get a lynch that day" and you trying to pass off 22 hours as a larger gap in time than it really is, considering that was D1.

Will address reasons to lynch you more later.

@Expendable comment: Well Prims is actually expendable as well, seeing as if he's town, scum can still kill Shinori. If he's scum, well, they probably won't waste a shot trying to kill him and as a result confirm him. We could arrange the same test by having shinori target Kay and she kills him, for a similar result.

Instead of squabbling over role shenanigans I would much rather just lynch Snike for Being Scummy. My case still stands, his counterargument was pretty lackluster for reasons I went over and the OMGUS is laughable and fails to muster enough significant reasoning to be voting me over rocker right now. Like his case on me has zero town intent and boils down to him coming up with a bunch of "tactical" reasons to lynch me instead of a good explanation for me being scum. scum!Snike will do this kind of shit too, consider his response to Blitz from Schoolgirl when Blitz called the scumteam.

Yeah the way the wagon on him popped up is kind of weird, but what are the odds of Bal / Sage actually being scum when you think about it instead of just going "oh shit these dudes are unconfirmed"? What you think rocker's alignment is doesn't matter, of course he's going to vote Not Me Over Me first chance he gets even if it's his scumbuddy. Bussing is a thing that exists.

OK, let's go over this:

-My "lackluster" counterargument isn't even addressed in full, and the reasons why it's 'lackluster' have been addressed earlier.

-OMGUS accusation, when really I could've went after Bal, or Rocker/Sage if I wanted to do that. Reasoning is just about as solid as your misrep of my Aere interactions and your accusing me of having a "scum-eclipse" post, IE, using eclipse meta on not!eclipse. Oh, and how I'm supposed to be dead apparently.

-"Zero town intent" would be shutting down inquiries on specific players who don't make sense. Like Sage. Who you appear to be defending. Zero town intent is also saying that X should have died when Y was a much easier target due to safeguard. Which you did. With regards to me being not dead and ignoring Scorri not being dead.

-Meta on me subbing in as scum. Sort of contradicts #1246.

-Speed wagon. Does this really need to be elaborated further?

-Bal I'm not so sure about. Sage, on the other hand, is horrible because hypocrisy and his actions not making any sense.

-Or he could go and countervote someone else and make an argument, like what I'm doing.

-Yes, bussing exists, and you're accusing me of double bussing but not really, if you think I'm scum.

[spoiler=Prims 1 V 1 suggestion.]

So, let's go to the hypothetical 1 V 1 you're suggesting, and ask ourselves a few questions:

Whose role claim actually benefits the town? Mine. Yours just kills anyone who visits. I at least give information on who performed actions, and on who.

Whose role claim is verifiable and alliance is safely checkable? Mine, seeing as you apparently kill everyone who visits (and it's suicidal to risk it) and the hooker can't block more than one inspector. I can track tonight and prove both of my roles.

Whose role is expendable? Both of ours, but at least I have utility. Shinori can target Kay and kay shoots Shinori for the same effect.

Who is misrepresenting the other's argument?:

I'm obviously not too enthralled with the idea of lynching myself.

Snike's case against me has a lot of grasping for this point in the game. Yes, I tried to shut down Manix's line of inquiry because I read it as paranoid. If Sage had anything to add he could do so, and he did.

54 post gap doesn't mean as much as the time (roughly 22 hours) and what happened in between (Kay wagon crumbling, so you'd have to move off).

In fact if Snike is sure enough I'm a good lynch to vote me over rocker just because I rebuked a statement of Manix's I'm willing to make this a 1v1 (everybody votes either Snike or me). There is like a zero percent chance his vote on me comes from town!Snike at this juncture given the shitty justification.

I'd like people to explain how Snike isn't very scummy instead of just brushing off my case given that Snike is actually pretty fuckin' scummy and his vote on me is baaaaaad and full of grasping.

Who's tunnelling/overreacting to a single vote and a case, and pushing that person's lynch? You are. Just look at this past page.

Vote stays, at least for now. I'll change it to hammer if needed, though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I am obviously not going to be the lynch today since you're the only one voting me. Move to rocker instead of being useless or you can die tomorrow once Kay vigs him and he flips as your scumbuddy. That or vote yourself.

Ok guys, theory time: if Snike is mafia (which is definitely possible), then its likely he's trying to draw attention away from himself and set me up as a potential mislynch target. Not necessarily for this day but for the next day. Think about it. I'm the ideal mislynch candidate for the mafia due to the nature of my posts and activity. Because I'm pretty much a bumbling incompetent and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing almost all the time, I pretty much end up doing shit that would make me seem scummy. This includes not posting very often, making wrong or very broad and vague posts, lurking, etc. It would honestly not take a lot to get people to think I'm scum. I mean look what happened the previous day. Scorri was just about ready to lynch me and a couple of other people were too before Aere and Bluedoom made themselves stick out like a sore thumb. And my ability to protect other people would give the mafia an incentive to get me killed.

I hope what I posted makes sense. I did actually put a bit of thought into this. :/:

Cut out the earlier bits because the first part was addressed and the second part still doesn't make sense, if host meta comes into play. There's also the fact that the mass hook was used N1, which could 'explain' why the jail wasn't used.

-It's funny being accused of deflection. I am quite alright with being put against Prims or you or Rocker if it means catching scum. I'm also gunning for Prims right now, so your mislynch accusation falls flat.

-You're the ideal mislynch candidate because your actions don't make sense, and justifying it by using inexperience and incompetence is pretty weak, if anything.

I really don't like the feel of this post since it appears you're trying to paint yourself as a victim of the poor mafia, appealing to emotion by calling yourself incompetent.

@Prims: But isn't that essentially the same thing as what you're accusing me of doing with the Kay to Aere vote switch? Like, switching to make my vote useful?

Meh.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rocker64 (L-1)

PoE + jumping onto my wagon out of self-preservation. The fact that we need a hammer today also forces my hand, as Prims mentioned.

@Prims: But isn't that essentially the same thing as what you're accusing me of doing with the Kay to Aere vote switch? Like, switching to make my vote useful?

What's scummy there is that you never voted Aere until consolidation time despite making a huge post about how scummy he and Elie wagon were.

What's scummy there is that you never voted Aere until consolidation time despite making a huge post about how scummy he and Elie wagon were.

Because Aere was a wagon to consolidate on. Right.

Sorry I went to asleep uncharacteristically early last night because I had to wake up early and didn't get much sleep. I've been trying to make a post for like 3 hours but SF has been extremely laggy for me for some reason.

Prims what happened to your town gutread on Rocker?

That said though:

##Unvote

##Vote Rocker

Arguably the best lynch to make at this point. He's mostly been defending himself at this point, and I had to press him for a while for him to make an even decently scumhunty post. Iris didn't exist much either before Rocker entered the fray which doesn't help his cause either. Also, as it's been said, picking a role from Schoolgirl is suspicious in itself because of that awesome tailor role. And for some reason two watchers doesn't sound right to me for some reason. I was the watcher in Schoolgirl and it's not like it was an awesome role by any means. I feel like there were better roles to choose from in that pool.

That said though I wouldn't mind a Snike lynch either. I think Prims made some good points against him, and I even reread myself and noticed his interactions with BBM and Aere seemed odd, especially regarding the pressure but no vote. I didn't' really like his reaction to the wagon and his Prims case doesn't feel THAT strong to me, though maybe that's because Prims is one of the more townie reads to me. However, like people said before, that wagon DID build up really quick. It's not impossible to have just overeager town build up a quick wagon, as we saw in Anonydraft Mafia 2, and it's not like you're cleared as town just because a quick wagon developed on you (I've had it happen to me before as scum). That said if Snike does get lynched, like I said in one of my earlier posts, we could learn a lot from his wagon.

God damn it I was typing and hit f5.

I think prims could be roleblocker from kamen rider mafia. Someone's lying about it and i know there was a RB in that game. I still want to know about the two kills each night. I don't think anyone has claimed the second kill on night 2 right? If I missed that then derp. What's to have stopped Kay from have being the person to do the second kill that night though?

Shinori: No, you don't get to fucking pull "PRIMS IS THE ROLEBLOCKER" when we're proving eachother's roles tonight.

Helios: Gut read was enough to make me want to lynch Snike over him but right now I'm just frustrated with this game because Snike is garbageposting and acting smug about it because people like Elie and Manix are letting him get away with being scum because ______. My personal bet for the scumteam since I made that giant post has been Snike/rocker/scorri, and Snike's actions today have only solidified this.

rocker, post last words.

I'm honestly tempted to just switch my vote to hammer now. I won't be around at deadline, and if something gets cocked up (anouleth never shows, manix's power goes out, shinori is scum and "forgets" to vote), I'd never forgive myself for missing the opportunity.

I... wouldn't be too offended by an early hammer, given that rocker hasn't had too much to say in general since he's been in the middle of catching up.

I also think that if he cared he could confirm that he's around, since he's on Steam at the moment.

Wonder who would be good to jail tonight.

We're trying to determine whether or not Snike and Shinori are scum right? Jailing either of them would screw with the plan we've got going on. Balcerzak and Elieson have great roles and it'd be a good idea to protect them, but if they're investigating tonight (and they are almost certainly are), then jailing either of them could prevent them from doing it. Idk, scorri and Manix seem like acceptable choices to me but I'm not sure if that would actually benefit the town as much.

Don't jail scorri or Manix, we want them to be free to act. I'm obviously not a viable target. I would personally go with Bal for the sake of OC since his role can't bring back results tonight anyway.

Let me elaborate (since I was the host of that game)

Strictly speaking, Bal should have received the role PM tomorrow. During that time, the nexus is deactivated.

for example

Inspect N2 (nexus down)

D3 (nexus down)

N3 (nexus down)

receive for D4 (nexus is up for D4)

so it should be okay